Rueben calls and other Nefarious Deeds

Started by retiredgord, September 01, 2009, 08:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

As I  was having a rest and just chillin' I get this phone call from Rueben wanting me to meet him at the Mike's. He warns me that there are visitors and to watch my six, twelve and any other direction, just in case.
     I arrive and carefully walk towards Mike's but have no trouble getting in the joint. Whoaaa, there sits Mr. Purefoy looking like a man out of a grave. He lets me know I can talk to Rueben but he wants a few words when I'm done. Not much choice as him and his guerilla are almost blocking the door out. Rueben, I wonder what this is about I'm thinking.  In a few short steps I find out.
        He's going to the airfield to talk with some of the other people but fears he may be a bulls-eye. He will want me to back him up and save him and any others if they come under fire. I'll do this gladly as he has been the only solid anchor of this long ordeal.
         Quite a bit different for Mr. P. He wants me to go to Sepoka, bump off Greaves and his aide so he can take over the whole kibosh. He then says he can really be able to use  my talents. This is not gonna be much fun. I take the bus to the Bus Station near Crash Site and then borrow the grenade truck after welcoming the boys with  the Paratrooper. Now it's off for a short drive to the Safe House. Better rest and make sure everything is good.
     With the SBD, Fal  and Peter I think I have the firepower I'll need to finish this with my hide intact. I drive the truck to the west of  Sepoko and set up by a rock face. I proceed to bombard the whole area as much as I can but without overheating the gun. There's not much action for a minute or two but then I see 3 or 4 mercs deciding they can outrun the grenades. They outfly them but do not do it more than once. The sniper is sending rounds my way and getting hits. I try to take him out but fail. I hop down to the ground to use a syrette and try to get some cover. At the fence I find some and trade rounds with the sniper and another 2 mercs trying to flank my right side. The Fal blows up and I grab Peter and send some rounds at one more coming to me. Now I need to get rid of the sniper.  My heavier fire finds its way thru the fence and the sniper is out of the picture. Now is the time to hotfoot it to the tower. Damn Malaria strikes and holds me up a moment or two. Up the tower and I grab a Dragunov for more support.
     I do a little long jump to the roof and move up to see where all the boys are hiding. They do not see me so I snipe a guy back by the barrier that has an RPG. That gets the others attention and they start sending lead my way. A hop down and a quick run gets me in a small area that has a line of fire thru a gateway. One merc starts to sneak around trying to get to my position ( he thinks I'm still on the tower) and pays for his bad judgment with his life. Another starts shooting wildly all around and I wait for him to reload before I barge thru cutting him down. I then run back and up the tower in time to just notice another merc who would've gotten behind me had I not changed my spot. He dies looking for me. Another with a RPG I  notice near a corner and I sneak down and dispatch him with 2 shots from the SBD. Now things are quiet.
      I sneak around along the back fence and get to the first aid there. Another merc near a door buys his way home with a head shot with SBD. My targets are very near. As I sneak around the side of the building I can hear Greaves and his aide talking. When I enter he blahs on and I get annoyed and give him a new set of button holes in his chest. The aide is quick to respond and offers me a deal, of sorts. He knows the guard at the door  and will let me in to see Purefoy without a weapons check. Sounds like a plan so I accept. It's back to Selao.
   Upon arriving I go thru the motions but I get in with the weapons. A shot in the head puts Purefoy in the casualty book but the town is alerted, somehow. I open the door and do a straight run down the street around the corner and use alleys and buildings as cover to make my escape from town.
     Phone rings. It's Rueben and he does need my help. He and some others have found safety in a hangar but are surrounded by the bad guys. Come help.
     There's no vehicle I can use so I go down the road toward the guard post outside of town. I sneak thru the back until I can see a guard on the docks. A shot rids me of a problem and a few rounds into the gas barrels gets rid of another.  I run down, grab the boat and motor out and over to the shore near the entrance.  I went in and stuck to the right side. I followed my usual routine and eliminated the RPG guy , the sniper in the tower and any other  2 or 3 nosy fellows.
   A fast run gets me to the path across from the hangar. Now I begin a slow move up watching for any mercs hiding across the runway. An assault truck starts up the run way but he doesn't see me. I take out the gunner and then the driver as he tries to get closer. One of the guards on the other side now sees me and starts firing. I get Peter out and start a run over to the edge of the runway shooting as I go. One is wounded and 2 more are trying to see where I am. They are taken out and I see a do-gooder trying to get his buddy. I shoot and wound the rescuer. Another merc joins them a moment later but dead.
A quick run up the left side of the last hangar gets me some ammo and a chance for a health up. A sneak gets me near the space between the hangars and a round or two from a wounded merc. My round finishes the job. I approach the hangar and enter. Rueben is there and ok as are the others.
     The news now is that both factions have joined  in order to completely dominate the area. The Jackal wants me to meet him at the Prison. I don't really fancy returning there but I feel the end is getting close.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

lol, those mercs always seem to go to where you have just left - funny to watch them throw grenades at your prior location.  In fact, if you remain relatively stealthy and move quite a bit, they have trouble finding you as you related in your adventure.

Welcome back Gord, good to "see" you again!   :-X

Art Blade

Second that, welcome back :) Nice story! Was kind of quiet without your input here  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Quiet in FC2?? You guys rock as far as sites go. I'll still be nosing around.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳