FC3 mods

Started by PZ, December 19, 2012, 11:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

For the PC guys:  have you completed the game and liberated all outposts?  Do you want to go through them again?  Here's a link to a post where the author has found a way to make all of the outposts available again.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739422-MOD-Enemy-retake-the-Islands-experimental!

Here's a link to a list of mods for the PC version of the game

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734046-Mods-for-Far-Cry-3?s=70c9314862f663624e17b67dd2814ad4

fragger

The mod to reset the outposts sounds promising, but from what I read it sounds like it could do with a bit more testing. I haven't had the game long enough, and I'm enjoying it too much at the moment, to want to risk buggering it up this early :-()

But that mod will be worth keeping an eye on, methinks. If it's definitely a goer, I'm in :-X

Art Blade

Absolutely, if you don't lose anything that came with liberating them in the first place, it will be cool
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I think writing mods for FC3 will not take too much, since I have the idea that both the engines of FC2 and FC3 are pretty similar. But the biggest problem lays imho in the fact that all the savegame s#!t is cloud-related. I can't even put a backup away from the moment that I completed the story with all outposts yet to be unlocked.

I hope someone finds a workaround for that first....
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 20, 2012, 03:25:40 AM
The mod to reset the outposts sounds promising, but from what I read it sounds like it could do with a bit more testing. I haven't had the game long enough, and I'm enjoying it too much at the moment, to want to risk buggering it up this early :-()

But that mod will be worth keeping an eye on, methinks. If it's definitely a goer, I'm in :-X

I read the logic of the mod and it is simple - you basically change the hex in a dll to reset the outpost flag, and then revert back to the regular dll.  All you need do to ensure safety is keep an original copy of the unmodified dll.  In fact, this is something that we can probably post on site as a modified dll.  I'm going to give this a go as soon as I get the PC version; I'm investigating the best deal at the moment.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Installed my first mod today - a weapons mod that gives you the ability to purchase any weapon from the very beginning.  The mod also lets you add attachments to weapons that you normally cannot, for example, the 1911, the SVD, and the AK47.

Installation was very simple: archive your patch.dat and patch.fat files, then place the modded patch.dat and patch.fat into the folder.  Reverting back is as simple as deleting the mod files and replacing with your original patch.dat/fat files.

It looks like modding will be very similar to what we were able to do in FC2  :-X

The Hereticus Weapon mod

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on December 19, 2012, 11:02:51 PM
For the PC guys:  have you completed the game and liberated all outposts?  Do you want to go through them again?

Yes, and yes  :)

I found a link there, someone was so nice as to upload the modified fc3.dll (which by the way is for the dx9 version)

http://www.2shared.com/file/RfQpcbkq/FC3_Oupost_reset__DLL.html

They recommend to backup your savegames first, then backup the fc3.dll, replace it with the downloaded one, start the game from a savegame (I recommend to load an autosave so your manual save will still be there and can be used to revert to the previous game if you don't like what you see). Save again (the autosave function will be used if you buy from or sell to the vending machine or arms dealer, anything will w@&k) and quit the game. Replace the modified dll with your backup fc3.dll and start the game again, done.

The dll will not only reset all outposts except the ones that were accessible from scratch (all fast travel locations, Amanaki Town and, as it turns out, Amanaki outpost which you liberate during your tutorial) but also reset all radio towers.

If you activate a radio tower, you'll see the same messages as usual even if you already got your weapons and did the supply drop missions (they won't "respawn").

In other words, you'll keep what you had (including signature weapons) but the map will be completely blue and every liberated outpost will be reset.

One tip, before you start that mod, make sure you go to Amanaki Town and buy/sell something there so your autosave will put you in a "liberated" location once the mod is active.

I didn't and "woke up" in a hostile outpost (lol, it stirred the pirates up outside), the safehouse was locked and I couldn't get out through the door but at least a fast travel worked ;)

I also recommend you do the mod once you've (still) got the Hoyt suit (will make your life a lot easier) ;)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 23, 2012, 05:17:40 PM
One tip, before you start that mod, make sure you go to Amanaki Town and buy/sell something there so your autosave will put you in a "liberated" location once the mod is active.

I didn't and "woke up" in a hostile outpost (lol, it stirred the pirates up outside), the safehouse was locked and I couldn't get out through the door but at least a fast travel worked ;)

:laugh:  that would indeed be a shocker!

I'm glad that it worked; liberating the outposts is very much fun for me because each time I try to use a different approach.

Art Blade

there is another mod that might interest you (unfortunately no download, just "do it with a hex editor") which will not allow any not yet liberated outpost to ever be turned over to you. Those already liberated before the mod is in place stay liberated, afterwards those you try to liberate will respawn enemies once you've left. FC2 style :)

PZ

I think I saw that one - is the one in which you cannot use the outpost as fast travel spots, and cannot get the memory cards?

Art Blade

I don't know about the memory cards but I think you are right about fast travel. I'd only use those mods after getting the Hoyt's merc suit and if I didn't want to finish the game at all costs. Which means, only halfway through the 2nd playthrough :)

I am content with the first mod, liberating outposts only if "needed" and doing all the radio towers again is fun.  :-X I don't have fast travel either without any liberated outposts, only the fast travel stations that have always been there. And the Trials of the Rakyat as fast travel stations :) Currently I only use the autosave and not the manual save because I don't completely trust all that stuff  :-()

PZ

This is another that interests me.  Called "Superfile", it contains lots of toggles that allows you to tailor the game to your liking, including God mode, all weapons from the start, and money.

Of even greater interest is that this mod supposedly unlocks the southern island right from the start.  That alone would interest me because I like to freely travel between the areas.

Superfile

Art Blade

Here, PZ, is probably everything you'd like:
Swartz mod compilation v1.2

QuoteFeatures:

*All weapons unlocked at start but you have to pay for them (note: towers will still give pop-ups saying you unlocked free weapons but you haven't)
*Attachments mod with max attachment slots opened up
*Wingsuit unlocked at start
*All crafting recipes unlocked at start (note: except "cheating" ones)
*All skills unlocked at start (Note: You still have to earn them, they're just unlocked)
*2nd island unlocked at start (tested, works)
*Modified wallet sizes to carry more money since you can end up with lots of money very easily in the game
*Modified extra large ammo pouch size ammo amounts, and modified amount of C4/Mines you can carry with various pouches.
*Prices on almost everything modified. Good guns are now more expensive, some ammo is cheaper and some more expensive, and animal hides are now worthwhile (hunting a bear will net you $120 whereas something like a dog was originally $15 is now only $5)
*Doubled the range of all guns
*Slightly increased radius of all explosives including hand grenades (except the AI explosives, they remain the same)
*Gave all weapons their real-life magazine sizes
*Standardized damage across calibers (except for sniper rifles and LMG's). The bizon will no longer do so much damage but will instead do the proper damage of a 9x18mm bullet (same damage as the 6P9) [note: Changed these values slightly. Bizon and special variant of P416 do slightly more damge]
*You can now craft explosive arrows using white leafs (because it sucks having to waste a grenade making them)
*"Cannon" signature revolver unlocked so you don't have to get it with UPlay points. Unfortunately it's free for some reason and I can't figure out a way around this. It should no longer be free but I need someone to test this.
*Player sprint speed increased by 15%
*Laser beams on enemy sniper rifles have been disabled (it made spotting snipers too easy)
*Better Sights mod included
*Dereased XP earned from unlocking a tower to 500 and disabling an alarm increased to 200
*Increased XP needed to reach each level a bit to compensate for all skills being available at start
*Pistols with the exception of the Desert Eagle and revolvers will now shoot basically as fast as you can pull the trigger
*Slightly increased the radius where you can interact with objects
*Made Famas full-auto
*Decreased recoil of Desert Eagle
*Fall-damage radius increased slightly. You'll survive slightly steeper falls.

PZ

Dang, you know me well, AB; kudos!  ^-^

Art Blade

Thank you :)

By the way, about the outpost reset mod, I'm about to revert to my original not modded game. The mod was fun OK but the stats get a bit crazy (in the handbook, 32/18 radio towers enabled, also I still see 28/34 outposts liberated despite the mod) and I had two crashes.

Good I had not touched my "save2," only tinkered with the autosave :)

PZ

Good to know about the outpost mod  :-\\

Just installed the mod you recommended and visited south island.  Man, those privateers are nasty if you don't have one of their uniforms!  :-()

Art Blade

:laugh: indeed! That is why I have two different playthroughs. In my first, I liberated the entire North but left most of the South untouched (hard after you've finished the main story because, as you say, those privateers are nasty if you don't have one of their uniforms) and the 2nd is the other way around: in the North I liberated only those outposts needed for maximum upgrades so I have quite a few intact while I liberated the entire South. :)

I am not sure whether or not the crashes occurred because of the mod but before I never crashed right in the middle of the game (only when alt-tabbed out and left the game in the task bar for a good while it crashed "in the background" a few times). The stats, however, remembered the "old" radio towers and added the ones liberated again and they didn't forget the outposts I liberated before and probably added one I liberated after the patch installation for testing purposes.

shelmez

Merry Christmas friends :) I wish you happiness, health and a lot of good people on your way!
And continue to live in this amazing game :)
rascal, womanizer and eater of pigs))))

Art Blade

thank you, same to you :)

PZ

Same wishes to you as well!

durian

* look at the Swarzt mod complilation v1.2, so jelly
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

fragger

Thank you shelmez, Merry Christmas to you too :)

Art Blade

I've decided to give the mod another try ("un-liberating" outposts and resetting radio towers as a side effect) because my 2nd playthrough is basically finished. As I want to keep my merc suit, I won't do the last set of missions that start with one labelled "point of no return." The reason is that I am now aware of what is the best to fully enjoy the game if we want to control when and how to get into trouble: Liberating the entire North of the map as pirates will always attack you but leaving (most of) the entire South untouched as neither mercs nor Rakyat warriors will attack you while you're wearing the merc uniform. Unless.. you pick a fight  :-D And, wearing the merc uniform, you can perform a lot of takedowns with unsuspecting mercs  >:D

So far, no crashes. And I don't mind the stats to screw up any more as I found out that they're screwed anyway even without modding: Rakyat trials count. Which is stupid. If you have to use any given gun with unlimited ammo and try to shoot as many enemies as possible during a limited time, you won't be paying attention to accuracy, especially not if you're using a mounted gun and so forth. Also, if a trial makes you use one specific weapon only which you'd usually not use at all, your stats will show a massive decrease in overall accuracy (hell yeah.. mounted guns are no precision sniper rifles and you don't have time to aim carefully, either) and all of a sudden some of your "favourite" weapons are those you were forced to use during Rakyat trials. Stupid. So, to hell with stats, I don't mind getting 36/18 radio towers or something like 50/34 outposts any more.

PZ

That's great news!  No crashes is always a good thing  ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳