FC3 mods

Started by PZ, December 19, 2012, 11:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I've tried to get the sniper rifle sorted so it does hit at long range. I did it with the Z93, various steps and changes. However, even copying parts of the specs of the AMR hasn't helped. I increased the range, the base damage and a few other related things but in the end I have not seen a difference. The mod works, no doubt, other changes I made are obvious.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

B33 ENN

Quote from: Art Blade on December 23, 2012, 08:25:22 PMSwartz mod compilation v1.2

That mod looks up my street also. I reckon I may give it a go at some point. Maybe too soon at the moment as I'm only just after doing the ship/radio mission on a first playthrough...
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

Art Blade

deffo too soon. Hold it for now, not until you start your umpteenth playthrough but at least wait and finish your first one vanilla. :) If even I didn't mod nor cheat during two playthroughs, man, believe me, that is quite something. The game isn't so bad at all without modding. :)

B33 ENN

Will heed your advice there, Art  :lamp:

Just met a guy called Hurk, and he mentions some dealings he had with conflict diamonds from Bowa-Seko. Nice touch, I thought, made me feel very much at home!    :-X
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

Art Blade

nice one. I've avoided Hurrrrrrrk so far (what a name) but will do a mish or two soon :-D :-X

Art Blade

I'm currently using the Swartz mod. I haven't yet noticed that the sniper rifles have an increased range. I was 150m away and kept missing or shall we say, not hitting. I was above an outpost, on a steep hill top, and had the outpost marked, so I knew the distance. I'll have to check some more. For now I have a suspicion that we can see better than the trajectory actually goes. Like, I was aiming closely above a ledge so I should have hit but maybe the bullet hit an invisible border of sorts or even hit the ledge. Only when I was standing up and shooting with clear sight was I able to hit.

PZ

I'll check the range too - am using the same mod.  Another cool feature of the mod is that you use white plants instead of grenades to create explosive arrows.  While using grenades is not an issue later in the game when you have plenty of money, it is of concern early in the game when you're poor and working your way up the ladder.  :-X

Art Blade

I like the fact that the wingsuit and all (but signature) weapons are available from start and that the skill tree is completely unlocked (you still need to "buy" skills with skill points, though) :)

PZ

Yes, but on subsequent plays through I don't see the point in learning all over again as though I've developed Alzheimer's  :-()

Art Blade

Maybe there's a way to actually give all those skills to the player from start. :) Maybe for the first mission, give 100,000XP  :-D

PZ

:laugh: that's not a bad idea; I may need to get in to do some modding after all.

Art Blade

:-D just thinking, I guess giving 100k XP for liberating any outpost undetected (rather than 1,500XP) should do the trick. Or for any radio tower.

Art Blade

Art Blade

The swartz mod 1.3 has one particularly nice new option: On liberating an outpost you'll get to see a new prompt, "new safehouse available. Keep outpost?" Accept or decline -- if you decline, the outpost will return to hostile after the next reload. You will keep what you got while it was accessible.

Now we finally have control over the situation and can have as many outposts filled to the brim with pirates or mercs as we wish :) :-X

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳