DayZ (standalone)

Started by Art Blade, April 29, 2014, 04:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abletile

Tragedy!

Poor Binn suffered from 'rubber banding' whilst on the roof of the hospital in the secret military base.  :o
We tried to use a defibrillator but to no avail. The small consolation is that we took what we could off of his corpse with a view to returning it to his new spawned character.
We saluted a fellow comrade and paid tribute............ :'(

Rest in peace man.

[smg id=6867 type=preview align=center caption="Tribute to a fellow Warrior"]
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

Today I joined last. Abletile, TheAceness and Binnatics had already regrouped and were some 6km southwest of my position (near Grishino) so I tossed away my fireman's axe as promised and then started to run all across the country to meet up with the lot over in Zelenogorsk. First I saw a landmark Abletile told me I would see on my way which was a massive radio tower on the Green Mountain.
[smg id=6868 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 053"]
Then I finally met up with the boys. :)
[smg id=6869 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 054"]
We were then headed towards a "secret" military base I had heard of before and watched vids about; I had been curious for some time and really wanted to visit it and see it for myself. :)
[smg id=6870 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 055"]
Binnatics was on the roof of a tall building where he found a defibrillator which was supposed to be able to bring a dead player back to life. Well, unfortunately we had the opportunity to test it just moments later because he died for no apparent reason. I found him behind the building, Acey ran up to grab the defib while Able and I were guarding Binnatics's body.
[smg id=6871 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 056"]
Unfortunately, the defibrillator did not bring him back. "BinnZ has no pulse and is lukewarm to the touch," it reads when I checked his pulse.
[smg id=6872 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 057"]
Sad to see literally a "fallen" comrade.
[smg id=6873 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 058"]
We saluted him and picked over his gear to keep some of it in order to return it to him the next time we meet Bambi Binnatics.
[smg id=6874 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 059"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Can't help it, every time I look at the pics with Binnatics lying there, face down, the expression "faceplant" springs to mind.  8-X :laugh: It was still tragic, though.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

War doesn't need one man who cant stay alive and fight.  8-X

TheAceness

So, our convoy has made it from the North West, to the South West. And I must say, it definitely has been eventful. From kitting up to the look I like, to then getting shot (but thankfully not killed), and then having a fallen comrade... Maybe eventful is an understatement... Anyway, here's some snaps of our epic journey... Good times and bad...

[smg id=6875 type=preview align=center caption="At the N/W airfield - just got my 'all-black' kit"]

[smg id=6876 type=preview align=center caption="Passing the Radio Tower... Houston come in."]

[smg id=6877 type=preview align=center caption="Magic zombies with cool party tricks. Our ammo party that is..."]

[smg id=6878 type=preview align=center caption="Although saddened by our fallen team mate, one couldn't help but laugh at Abletile"]

[smg id=6879 type=preview align=center caption="And now this morning, the lone ranger soldiering on!"]
I only speak two languages: English and bad English.

Art Blade

Binnatics

Quote from: Abletile on May 10, 2014, 06:02:36 PM
Tragedy!

Poor Binn suffered from 'rubber banding' whilst on the roof of the hospital in the secret military base.  :o
We tried to use a defibrillator but to no avail. The small consolation is that we took what we could off of his corpse with a view to returning it to his new spawned character.
We saluted a fellow comrade and paid tribute............ :'(

Rest in peace man.

[smg id=6867 type=preview align=center caption="Tribute to a fellow Warrior"]

Thank you guys, that is truly moving :)

It's sad that I had traveled all across the map with an equal devibrilator in my equipment without knowing it was so useless. Well, that's what we have learnt now ^-^

On to my next playthrough. I've decided to go for a different look this time; more live I'd say ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

sounds as if a yellow raincoat and an orange backpack were about just the right fashion for you  :-D

Binnatics

You are getting warm. I haven't yet decided what exactly I will wear, but it's definitely more visible heheh 8)

I found a new UN helmet, and I found a Mosin and FNX. The FNX is fully equipped; I like it so much I even threw away the magnum I found. I still need a high power scope for my Mosin, besides that it's tip top. I currently have a less magnifying scope for it, but it's a start. I wish there will be any quick loaders for the Mosin. Reloading is really a problem when using it.

I combined some maps and now have the entire South in-game. I do like the map, it's very detailed. But swapping back to normal view is complicated. I also found a walky talky. I guess with our Steam chat that is totally superfluous, but you'll never know. Gotta check it out sometime :)

I reached the Huge Radio tower and saw a guy enter the Prison building over there. I tried to contact him but he didn't respond. Figured I'd better make my way to safety and continue tomorrow. I did find another friendly player in the server. His name was Ben. We'd better make a list of friendly fellows, that makes us less afraid when moving around ;) The other guy I met is called Oslken. He's from Germany and was really kind. I made friends on Steam as well, but I think he doesn't have Voice. Whatever, good to know there's good people out there ^-^

/edited on behalf of Binnatics.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

It is nice to know that there are at least a few good guys that play  :-X

Stiku

There seems to be a quite mixed bunch of players in that game, others are there just to cause harm to others  :'( , and minority(like you guys) are there to play, explore, survive, and enjoy the game. >:(

Though the game is still in alpha stage(beta being the release), sounds that they still have tons of stuff to fix, and have they even released any info what's to come?

Dweller_Benthos

So, how long does a player's body stay there after he dies? Does the loot he carries disappear?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

ArtZ, AbleZ and AceZ had been picking like crows at my carcass for quite a while >:D so I figure it will last at least long enough to make sure you have looted the most valuable stuff before it disappears. I think indeed that the corpse will remain intact until the server will restart, like all the other loot. In this case, the server restarts every hour.

When will you guys ever start to explore and survive? It's great fun, and I don't think it needs that much bandwidth ;)

Abletile

When Binnz said his next character was gonna be more 'visible' he wasn't joking   :laugh:
[smg id=6880 type=preview align=center caption="BinnZ (Bit gay maybe?)"]

We also found 2 Z's locked up in jail  ??? They must have been very naughty  :laugh:
[smg id=6881 type=preview align=center caption="Jailed Zombies"]

Along our travels to the SW Airfield we came across this cool panorama  8)  (Still pouring down with rain!)
[smg id=6882 type=preview align=center caption="Nice view"]

Also this lighthouse, complete with rotating light!
[smg id=6883 type=preview align=center caption="Lighthouse"]

Art Blade

Nice pics :)

"The" server doesn't restart every hour, there are a lot of different servers with different setups that may restart every three hours and so on but indeed there are some that restart every hour. I've never seen a corpse other than the one of Binnatics so I don't know how long they stay. Binnatics's corpse was there for some 10 minutes I'd guess and was still there when we left the area. Oh, and I've never called myself ArtZ :)

As to the road map of Bohemia, they said that they wanted to keep the game in its alpha stage for "at least one year" so supposedly it will be around December 2014 or even later when they'll release the first beta.

Dweller_Benthos

I was just wondering if you die then respawn if you can make your way back to your own corpse and get your loot back. If it stays there until a restart, that might be possible.
D_B

Abletile

Hi Dweller, yes, in theory, this is possible. In practise this may not w@&k for several reasons though.
First there are a set number of spawn points, I would guess 6 to 8. Trying to reach where you 'died' may prove difficult as the map is huge (230sq km!). If another player chooses, he may choose the 'hide corpse' option which would effectively remove it from the environment.  In BinnZ case I doubt if he would have enough time to reach it as his new spawn character would need to eat and drink before reaching it. Of course if you died near your spawn point then it would be easier (as long as no other fresh spawn got there first).
In a large group maybe 2 players could meet the fresh spawn at a half way point of the journey and give food and drink to the bambi, while the other team members could stand guard over the corpse to preserve it as long as possible.
We haven't died enough in 'ideal circumstances' yet to try this theory  :-D

Art Blade

Abletile

Well that theory is still untested! I managed to fall to my death off of a balcony on the 6th floor of an apartment building in the town to the N of the SW airfield! FML  :'(
I tried to run, as a fresh spawn, from the middle of the E coast back to BinZ and my loot. I outran 10's of Z's and managed to get 2/3 of the way there before I was shot and killed by an unknown.  :D

Next spawn was on the NE ship wreck, far too far to try and reach my gear! Suicide time  :o

Third try I spawned just N of the NE airfield! I figured that I might as well try and grab a weapon. Well I couldn't avoid 1 Z and after killing him the server restarted! This time there were 3 Z's to cope with!
So bleeding, no bandages left I try to find some rags in the jail and ATC. I found mixed ammo, and weaps but no ammo for any of the guns (by now I'm starting to think I'm about to die again). Then I hear a voice over my headset. French guy who bandaged me up  :-X :)
He also gave ma a saline injection. His English was hard to understand but as he had saved my life I agreed to team up. Meanwhile, BinZ was heading N with as much of my gear as he could carry, bless him.  ^-^
Success, we all meet on black mountain  :bow
I've now got energized, hydrated and healthy. Maybe a bit dangerous as well  8), but certainly not in my final form  :-D. The adventure continues tomorrow..................

Art Blade

that was quite a trip, mate. Incredible, a friendly player who even patched you up, and on top a French doing that to an Englishman  :laugh: Miracles still happen, it seems. You do realise that this might as well have been the first one since 1066?  8-X :-()

Abletile

:laugh: @ Art

This momentous, historic act, was unfortunately not caught on any screenshots. Sheesh, all this tech  and I miss the moment  :-D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 13, 2014, 06:12:53 PM
... Incredible, a friendly player who even patched you up, and on top a French doing that to an Englishman...

:laugh: :-X  he probably thought AbleZ was a fellow countryman

Abletile

Impossible, I wasn't holding a white flag!  :laugh:

Abletile

Moments from my last character.

[smg id=6888 type=preview align=center caption="BinnZ getting jiggy with it !"]

What's this?
[smg id=6889 type=preview align=center caption="Is it?"]

Let's have a look through my bino's
[smg id=6890 type=preview align=center caption="Yes it is!"]

I found Art's wish list item  :laugh:
[smg id=6891 type=preview align=center caption="Case of explosives"]

Dweller_Benthos

Is that a zombie or a player out in the water? How far out can you swim?
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳