Dayz at 0.50 version

Started by Stiku, November 06, 2014, 08:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

My first tent experience sadly turned out into a little disappointment. :(
When I turned back to the same server today, I spawned as a bambie. I tried to spawn in a different server, and lucky me, there I found out that I still have my gear equipped. Back to the tent-server; nothing. Bambie again. :angry-new:
Stiku explained to me that this means the server has lost contact with the central DayZ hive. I kept on playing on the server that did show my equipment, but the tent I must see as lost at this stage. Anyway, here's some screenshots how it looks like and how it works, it really is promising:

This is the tent in my inventory; occupying 2x6 slots. You do need some space to transport it :-D
[smg id=7406]

A detailed look at it:
[smg id=7407]

First deployment. As the small red text to the bottom-left shows, you can't pitch your tent to any location of your choice; it has to be a bit flat. I hid it nicely behind some Christmas trees, so nobody running along would see it too easily.
[smg id=7408]

This is what you see when you enter the tent, grouched. A lot of space to store your goodies ^-^:
[smg id=7409]

This is how i found it when I exited and re-entered the server. Nicely hidden behind the trees in a far-away place :)
[smg id=7410]

I still hope that the tent will be there once the server is in contact again with the central hive, but I'm not sure. The tent location is server-specific so it might as well got lost along the way.
The positive side to this experience is; It's only the first time that I spawned as a bambie in a server since 0.50, so it doesn't seem to happen too often ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I wonder, are tents like yours accessible to anyone who sees it? Meaning, someone might loot your tent and take it away as could you if you found somebody else's tent?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Its visible and accessible for everyone, so it needs to be hidden from sight.

Art Blade

alright. Thank you, Stiku :)

Binnatics

Indeed, that's why I hid it behind the Christmas trees on the spot in my pics. This persistence and the tents give an extra dimension to the whole looting gameplay, plus it adds something extra to the game; your own secret treasure, and that from others as well >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

MY TENT IS STILL THERE!!!!!!!

I went back to the server that had 'consumed' my tent, including my Derringer, and went back to the place where I left the tent. I wanted to make sure it was gone... I mean, this early morning there was a server maintenance round, and who knows it fixed the stuff. I ignored the warning message you can read in red in the bottom-left every now and then advising you to pack up your tent and stuff stating that after this maintenance all content is reset, and after half an hour walk I found back the place where I had left it... it was there!!!! Including my Derringer. Oh man, I am so happy :) :) :)

This means, that neither the weekly server maintenance outage nor the server loosing connection to hive is breaking the persistence of my tent and its content. That is good news! Of course there's probably a dozen other things that can happen, not to mention players finding my tent and stealing it, but this is at least a successful first test! 8)

So Art blade, Abletile and The Aceness, if you have nothing better to do, come join us @ 0.50!!!!!

PZ

:-X That's fantastic, Binn!

Binnatics

Quote from: Binnatics on November 26, 2014, 07:36:41 AM
So Art blade, Abletile and The Aceness, if you have nothing better to do, come join us @ 0.50!!!!!

Okay, let's not rush it too much. I was back at that same server, trying to find an even better hiding place for my tent. Suddenly I got the message there was no message received from the server for ... secs. I rejoined and... bambie. Checked other server... bambie. Wtf!!!

Okay, I'm back to earth, all great gear lost, start over.  :-\\ :angry-new:.... 8)

I think me being inside the server that lost contact, I lost contact with the hive as well. My tent was inside my backpack so, all lost. The server isn't that stable after all. Will have to find another once I got geared up again ;)

Art Blade

pity. But at least it's showing us a path now.

Binnatics

0.51 hit stable. The Steyr Aug is introduced, to be found at helicopter crash sites, so extremely rare imho. Also introduced, are drivable trucks. Called the V3S. They aren't persistent yet, they spawn at certain places, 3 per server. So, rare as well. There ill be a military backpack tent, which can be worn on he back, and can be pitched as a huge military tent. With 252 slots to store goods. Can be nice when used in a group ;)

Also introduced; cannibalism. No idea how that works, but there's human flesh added as an available item :-D

Art Blade

one can eat almost everything so long as the gravy is good. :-D

Binnatics

Look what I found:

[smg id=7450]

Simple piece of metal, yet it feels like I found the golden crown for the Mosin ^-^
Of course I have a 'pristine' High range scope and a 'worn' compensator 8)
Now all I need is to find another Mosin (Yes, I died... fell off a stairs...  :angel:)

Art Blade

I know that type of killer stairs.. :-D

Binnatics

Stable version 0.51 brought us trucks. I've been wandering around for two days without noticing any of the trucks. There only spawn 3 at the time, and they are not persistent. There are known spawning places, I think around 20 spots shattered over Chernarus. Mostly industrial terrains close to, or in small towns. Yesterday I followed the road along Gorka, on my way back from Bambi to the military zones, when I saw my first V3S:
[smg id=7451]

Inside the truck, 1st person view; you can look around you freely using the mouse, and the driving feels in fact kind of like FC2. A bit clumsy :-D
[smg id=7452]

I prefer 3rd person when driving. When you bump into something it isn't that easy to break loose, so having a good view over your surrounding is a pre:
[smg id=7453]

Driving over zombies is easy; you don't even feel a bump and they fall over just like that:
[smg id=7454]

Nice sunset on the road to Novy Sobor:
[smg id=7455]

When I entered Novy sobor, my game crashed. That happens more often than before nowadays. But I rapidly restarted DayZ and continued in the same server; lucky me I was back before someone could steal my truck:
[smg id=7456]

I was in doubt whether I would go back to the new military tent-camp where my own tent+stash is still waiting, or would I go for a quick loot in the military base close to Vybor? I chose the latter, which turn out to be a quick death; I bumped into another truck (lol, two trucks in under an hour playing time, after 2 entire days without one) filled up with two bandits, armed to the teeth: They shot me while I tried to reverse my truck and get away. So the windshield doesn't hold back the bullets for you :-D
[smg id=7457]

All in all a nice adventure ^-^ Driving a truck makes Chernarus appear a lot smaller, it could be an excellent way of locating these damn crash sites ;)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳