DayZ (standalone)

Started by Art Blade, April 29, 2014, 04:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I tend to play more slower and more methodically poking into nooks and corners which would just make me an unreliable dead weight in team play.  :(
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

mandru, so far, there are no rules. You may take your own time and do whatever you want. The "team play" basically means, more than one pair of eyes is just better than one pair of eyes  :-() So we try to guard or to supply one another. I'm slow, methodical and cautious, too, and I have survived, that's what this is all about  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

This is getting more and more interesting:
Fireplaces

We're ready now for our final implementation next week of fireplaces and the ability to light flammable objects on fire. Many visual updates and changes to the engine have occurred as part of this and we're now making the mechanisms for players to decide where and how to make fires and how to light items on fire.

*Quote from DayzDev.tumblr.com

I'm going to collect me a matchbox already ^-^ :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Cool, maybe the bow you found can be used with fire arrows >:D

The devs are working towards horticulture, hunting and fishing. We'll be able to collect tinder and branches in the woods, hack stones for a fireplace off of rocks using an axe, even cut down a tree, make a fire and cook game, whatever livestock and fish.  :)

I wonder if anyone will dare to do that as long as bandits might want to gatecrash a dinner party.

Then again, maybe we could roast those bandits, served with boiled zombies as a side dish. >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

lol 30-40 ms ping? Must be nice. If I get below 500 to a server in my own state I'm lucky.

So, yeah, I won't be playing this game.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

500ms :o that IS unplayable.

Abletile

:D Another respawn as a bambi!
I'll be so pleased when I can rely on my old character reloading properly! Come on devs, sort this s#!t out before any further 'updates!!!'

Well, a couple of hours and I'm back up to speed again........... :laugh:

I think that when they introduce hunting I'll just rest in my bed with a pistol and shoot from there!
[smg id=6963 type=preview align=center caption="Rabbit in the bedroom!"]
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

PZ

Justice would be if the developers programmed the mod so you could kill and eat those rabbits  >:D

Abletile

I think that may be the plan for the game later on!  :-D

Art Blade

Here a few pics of today.

Meeting up again with Abletile who had died yet again without being his fault. I found an M4 for him and spare 60 rounds magazines.
[smg id=6962 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 084"]

This is the Southwest airstrip, Able and I going to loot the place.
[smg id=6964 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 085"]

I found a green raincoat for the first time and decided to use green all over. Also, first time I got a 1911 with magazines.
[smg id=6965 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 086"]

This freaked out Abletile who was quite a bit away when I went into full panic mode and used full auto on my M4, taking out five or six zombies that for whatever reason had decided to attack me from every which angle at the same time.  :o Here's the aftermath, some bodies had already disappeared.
[smg id=6966 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 087"]

Binnatics

I am pretty sure that's indeed what they have in mind. I think I read somewhere that this week will be a new update release which should contain the new animal AI and hunting possibilities :-X ^-^

Are you already quitting??!! Wait for me, I'm just joining!!!!!
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Wow, did the developers add more zombies to the map?  ???

Art Blade

likely. They keep changing the server settings and I expect that to happen because the game is survival horror and not a PvP deathmatch. They could have spawned 4,000 zombies on the map but would have been unable to spawn loot.. so they're working on both ends: Loot and zombies.  ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on May 19, 2014, 11:51:52 AM
500ms :o that IS unplayable.

Sometimes it's over 1,000 or 1,500 (yes, that adds up to over a second or second and a half) heck, I've had pings over 3,000, but I don't bother on those servers. This is in Minecraft, and I usually can play that OK with a 500ms ping though it gets annoying and PvP is not an option.
D_B

Abletile

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 20, 2014, 08:02:26 AM
Sometimes it's over 1,000 or 1,500 (yes, that adds up to over a second or second and a half) heck, I've had pings over 3,000, but I don't bother on those servers. This is in Minecraft, and I usually can play that OK with a 500ms ping though it gets annoying and PvP is not an option.
OMG!!! :o That is truly unplayable! You need more internet in your life Dweller  :'(

Binnatics

Nice pictures Art!  :)

I also have been busy capturing some nice stuff again, yet again :-D

Here's an example of the magnification of the Binoculars:
[smg id=6972 align=left][smg id=6973 align=centre]

This is my new dress: All beige with a Tan tactical shirt and a brown cowboy hat. I hope to find a beige one of these sooner or later ^-^
[smg id=6974]

Holy moley!
[smg id=6975]

Funny billboard
[smg id=6976]

VERY steep hill
[smg id=6977]

Abletile studying the trees... or is he posing for that nice girl that just came along?     
8-X
Spoiler
Nah, he's just scared of a bunny :laugh:
[smg id=6978]

Abletile

Quote from: Binnatics on May 20, 2014, 09:39:22 AM
Nice pictures Art!  :)

Abletile studying the trees... or is he posing for that nice girl that just came along?     
8-X
Spoiler
Nah, he's just scared of a bunny :laugh:
[smg id=6978]

Don't underestimate the rabbits, they watch me while I sleep  :laugh:

I am evaluating some new software for capturing gameplay etc. Here is my first 'capture'.

Looting SW Airfield 2
Right at the end of the 5 min video
Spoiler
I was concentrating on the new software and not on what I was doing,  :-[

Art Blade

Thanks, Binnatics :) Your screenies are nice, too. That billboard, what the.. that's not even Russian ????

Abletile, heh heh, your vid: I heard the zombie, even saw him run behind you, and then you got hit which must have been a surprise for you  :)

Binnatics

Nice capture, good quality. :) But can you remove the "Action" symbol in the top middle of your capture? I wouldn't need that ????

Abletile

The capture software is just a trial version, so they embed their logo.

If you can tell me where this screenie was taken put your answers below  ;)......

[smg id=6979 type=preview align=center caption="If you go down to the woods today you never know what you'll find......"]

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Abletile on May 20, 2014, 09:04:36 AM
OMG!!! :o That is truly unplayable! You need more internet in your life Dweller  :'(

One server I sometimes play on had a ping over 3,000 last night, so I didn't play there, lol. That's why when I read about a new game and see "online multiplayer only" I just skip to the next item.

Quote from: Abletile on May 20, 2014, 04:47:38 PM
The capture software is just a trial version, so they embed their logo.

Nice video, Abletile, and I saw that zombie come in after you and thought "What was that?" then you got hit, but took care of him pretty fast, lol.

If you have an Nvidia graphics card, you can get free recording software, just download the GeForce Experience software they have and check out the shadowplay feature, records anything on your screen. And it's free and no watermarks. You can add a camera view (I think, never tried) for a face cam view while playing. Some games you may need to start the recording at the desktop first, then start the game and go full screen to record that, but otherwise it works fairly well, especially for free.
D_B

Abletile

I have a Radeon HD7970 card so maybe they do some equivalent software? I'll do a hunt.

I just finished editing (well not finished but uploaded anyways) a new vid. 13 zombies in 5 mins!

ZombieFest3

Art Blade

I really liked the vid but JEEZ, intro volume = 5000%  :o ??? actual film volume = 20%  ???? :-()

Art Blade

I've been busy playing and haven't had time to post much recently. Just a short update now, going to post more this weekend :)

I kind of lost track as to how often the other guys have died in the meantime, I know Able was unlucky spawning as a Bambi for reasons unknown so I had to run all across the map and sort him out with a spare M4 and other gear and then we ran back to the SW airfield for more loot. Binnatics got killed by a player today while looting the SW airfield so I had to run all across the map to sort him out with some gear, and again we ran back to the SW airfield. Acey has been alive so far but hasn't been playing much. I'm still alive and kicking :) I did have a couple of near-deaths when zombies attacked me, one of which ruined my jacket yesterday and badly damaged my 1911 which I was carrying inside of it and that zombie also bloody ruined another pistol's suppressor. I was quite mad at all that but I found some good gear so I replaced my 1911 and I also found a pristine suppressor for the other pistol. Only today I was finally able to replace my ruined jacket, too. The gear I had given away has been replaced, too -- it is just nice to know that we all support one another and share gear or help find stuff someone needs or wants. Great team :)

Binnatics and I encountered two players the other day who were friendlies (and not exactly well armed) so he gave one of them a pistol and ammo, I sorted both of them out with bandages. A little later one of them came back and brought a quiver for Binnatics which I think was extremely nice.

Here, an unexpected yet not bloody encounter with those two unknown players in Electro.
[smg id=6988 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 088"]

Tags:
🡱 🡳