Do manuals apply to scavenged weapons?

Started by wobatt, December 30, 2014, 08:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobatt

Hi all!

Do the repair and operations manuals bought for weapons only apply to weapons you have bought and picked up from the store room, or do they apply to all weapons, including those picked up from mercs?

If I do a run through only using weapons I scavenge from mercs, then will it help to buy the manuals?

Art Blade

hello wobatt and welcome to OWG  :)

The manuals for weapons.. they only affect accuracy and reliability. Reliability doesn't w@&k for used weapons that you find and I have no idea whether or not you can aim better with them when using a manual for accuracy. There is that little problem that if you want to only use 2nd-hand weapons, that you cannot buy manuals. They unlock after buying the corresponding weapon.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wobatt

Thanks!

I was thinking of buying the weapon, but then not using it, just so I could get the manual, but it isn't worth it if the manuals don't apply.

Art Blade

I know a few people played the game using only what they picked up from the ground but man, I really don't like that weapon degradation in FC2. Even with a cheat that prevents degradation, 2nd-hand stuff will jam all the time and eventually fall apart completely, as in dissolving into thin air with a couple of sparks popping up. So I only used weapons from the arms dealer's cache.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I wonder is starting a brand new game with the degradation modifications would change the failure for the mercs.  I thought if you made modifications to your weapons regarding damage, etc, that would trickle down to the merc weapons.

I do know that even with the degradation I have dialed in, my weapons will eventually begin to jam - typically after quite a few missions have gone by.

Degradation alone was a game changer for me.  I recall making a trip to the armory after every mission to get fresh weapons.  Now I hardly go back unless I am in the area.

aleeque

A very easy way to test this would be to edit the manual's stats in gamemodesconfig.xml

For example, you can give the manual a NEGATIVE recoil bonus of -200, for example. This will make recoil extremely noticeable.

OWGKID

Yes, I SCAVENGED a rusty AS50 (made the mercs wield it through modding the gamemodesconfig.xml). When I bought the repair manual, it was FULLY repaired  >:D >:D >:D :-D :-D :-D
LEGACY

aleeque

Okay, I tested it and operations manual bonuses definitely do apply do scavenged weapons.

Though my game is modded and all weapons I pick up somehow automatically become new and shiny provided I already carried the exact same weapon before. So my experience may not apply to your version of the game.

Tags:
🡱 🡳