Weapons and Upgrades.

Started by spearhead_22, March 28, 2009, 03:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spearhead_22

Is it possible to purchase all the guns and upgrades in the game with all the diamonds collected (Diamond Cases+Missions) ? I have always wondered if there are sufficient amount of diamonds to buy everything from the weapon shop and fill up my armory.

Any idea, guys?
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

PZ

I read somewhere that if you collect all 1000 diamonds, you can purchase everything.

Roaven

Let's say the total cost is about 1000. There are 221 diamond boxes, anywhere from 1-3 each, so that ranges from 221 diamonds to 663. Add the 300 something you get from the different missions, and more or less, you have enough.

Ricamundo

I currently have about 120 diamonds saved up(roughly 60% complete est) but i already have the weapons i like best at hand, plus a few extras, like IED's wjhen i need em.

I have tried pretty well all the weapons at least once, usually discarded ones tho.

FWIW here's my current loadout..

MGL 140 damn i love this thing
Uzi for close in w@&k
dart, my fave, but it's already started jamming. D'oh!
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

I think I read in gamspot.com that if you want to buy everything available in the game (guns, manuals, upgrades etc...) you'll have to get all diamonds in cases and missions, total 1.000.
I don't see why I should spend some diamonds in manuals to make me fasten a bolt faster.... quite pointless IMO
Anyway, I'm getting all diamonds just for fun
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Zomby Woof

Yeah, There are exactly enough diamonds in the game to buy everything at the weapons shop. :)
I read it in the prima guide at gamestop before I knew about this site.

DKM2

yeah there's just enough, I did it in my last playthrough.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

RedRaven

must of missed something on my last completion, had read diamonds total at 1000 but ended game with 830 ish only things i defo didnt do were cellular antenna missions in south map, is reward for them 10 as it is in north ?
cheers
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

If I recall correctly, I believe so, but I don't do that many assassination (cell phone) missions because I'm too lazy to travel to the outback to get them!  :-*

Art Blade

I may be wrong, but I think 10 in the north, 20 in the south? never payed much attention
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Alright one of you experts, this is an easy one and I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know!  :D

Art Blade

no need to be ashamed there, PZ. This is openworldgames.org where you should never worry about stuff like that, after all :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

cheers guys, i know faction missions go from 15 to 30, just didnt do cell missions last time round, they are always nice and easy to do, good opportunity to try new tactics aswell, or just to see how quick you can get a head-shot kill and run to safety, so far never been hit running out of pala after assasinations, can grab the two diamonds in broad daylight too if you sit and wait for the right time.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

err... as far as I remember, cell phone missions will pay 15 diamonds  ::) , what would make you 90 diamonds short
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳