Weapons Degradation, How does It w@&k?

Started by Ricamundo, April 30, 2009, 02:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on May 01, 2009, 04:03:52 PM
Half an hour ago I ran into a GP, intense firefight, only one merc left who hid behind a bush. He opened fire, I returned fire and we both ran dry. He started swearing in some African dialect, I in my own native tongue, the two of us reloading weapons, eye-to-eye and cursing... hehe

It occurred to me once. I took my machete, slowly walked towards the guy while he was "Oh, no, not now, c'mon, c'mon, not now"...... and sliced him  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on April 30, 2009, 07:04:52 PMmaybe its just how long its been since you pulled it out from the wall in the armory

sorry for my late reply, JRD:

I don't think so. See, I was doing the test with fresh weapons that lasted only a couple of minutes until they jammed.

The only reasonable conclusion is that it is related to using the gun. That means, the gun allows for so many shots until it starts to fall apart. Hence, "round based" :)

Quote from: Ricamundo on April 30, 2009, 02:18:15 PMI'm thinking its shots fired.

Seems sound now :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Assuming it's Shots Fired that determines degredation, does grabbing a fresh gun off the wall reset the shot count to 0 again, or is it cumulative? If it's the latter, why have infinitly respawning weapons?

Im in the habit of replacing my entire loadout before every mish, even if i haven't used a particular weapon.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Well, the test proves that the weapons I got from the armoury ranged randomly from like 20 to 30 clips, 6P9 that was. I can only assume it resets to 0.

It doesn't seem to affect the guns accumulatively. Someone (Fiach?) stated as you do that it doesn't make much sense. Other than to grab a new weapon once in a while :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

An odd thing has happened on the second playthru. I escaped town (almost..damn malaria) and ended up waking in Fresh Fish. My kit was the Star 45 , the grenade launcher and a newer (no rust) G3-KA4.  The G3 remained very reliable for a longer period than any weapon on first play. I don't know why but it had only jammed once in the time played. The Star is quite the weapn as it was killing at a fair distance and is fairly accurate.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

I had the opposite once. Found a Carl G Rocket Launcher in a safehouse in Leboa (I think) and YEAH! tested it. The second or third rocket made the thing jam and dissolve in sparks - I stood there empty-handed (apart from the ever present machete) and wide-eyed...  :'( Dissolving weapons are quite annoying while in a fight... I remember the fight during my first through when a used Deagle sparked off and away... That's why they recommend using your armoury :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳