Favorite weapon load out

Started by PZ, December 10, 2012, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

PZ, thanks for the reply, I'll definitely try that  :)

fragger, I wasn't aware of the rapid fire, going to check it if someone happens to drop one to my feet while waving good-bye to his spark of life  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Man, fragger how could I forget the Spas-12? :o
I will definitely see what it acts like and I think you are right about the rapid fire advantage. Thanx for reminding :)

Art, I haven't use C4 much, in fact only once, when I wanted to trick Vaas when spawning out of the APC truck during that mission. I tried to 'lay' the charges on the ground, but the result was like PZ explains; sort of throwing. The charges ended up 'under' the vehicle. I used the left mouse button, just one short push. I should practice sticking it to surfaces actually :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:-D

I learned how to efficiently stick them to surfaces and will now have to learn how to throw them  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

As soon as I managed to unlock my favourite weapons I packed my FC2 load out!

1 - SVD now customized with siliencer
2 - GL-94 for incoming enemy vehicles and crowd dispersing (actually, vapourizing  >:D )
3 - Silenced MP5
4 - PKM, and shortly after, U100.

My secondary slot is where I keep weapons I'm experimenting with like the flamethrower and the bow

I felt like playing FC2 this way  ::)

I now changed my loadout

1 - M700 silenced with 2x optical scope
2 - recurve bow
3 - Shredder (signature)
4 - MS16 with red dot sight

Assault rifles that fire single bullets are great. Since enemies die after a bullet or two in this game, I can save loads of ammo by carrying one of those with me. Having a high fire rate silenced weapon comes in handy when you enter a camp still unnoticed or if you want to hunt without atracting too much attention, that's why I kept the silenced MP5 untill I unlocked the Shredder, which I have with me all the time  ;)

Since I'm still in the northern island doing side missions bfore hitting the main stories again I know I will have tons of fun with the weapons available in the southern island!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Heh, a FC2 loadout in FC3.. :)

I've now learned (wasn't difficult at all) to throw C4. Indeed it is just tapping the fire button. Did help me quite a bit, good addition to hand grenades :)

PZ

durian

JRD, how did you customize SVD with suppressor ? I liked SVD a lot in FC2 but in this game, I hardly used it as the more powerful and customizable M700 is available shortly after acquiring SVD.

I learned to throw C4  by accident when fighting horde of baddies inside the comm center. Just 1 C4, Boom, the flamer was dead.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

JRD

Quote from: durian on December 22, 2012, 11:26:29 AM
JRD, how did you customize SVD with suppressor ?

As far as I remember I just bought the supressor. I could check it if I was at home but I'm out of town for the holidays... I let you know as soon as I'm back to Rio!

Art Blade

I bet it was a confusion, the SVD in FC3 doesn't allow a suppressor to be added. :)

durian

Yes, I'm sure SVD is not customizable, you can only buy a paint job for it.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 22, 2012, 12:51:06 PM
I bet it was a confusion, the SVD in FC3 doesn't allow a suppressor to be added. :)

It is now  :-()

JRD

All right, all right, so maybe I bought the SVD but shortly after got the M700 which can be customised and then the M700 Predator which came with the Hunter Pack pre order bonus!  ;D

If only I had the game in this computer I wouldn't be creating too much confusion  ::) ... and the pirates won't care which rifle fired the bullet that went through their brains... so why would you?!?!?!  >:D

Art Blade

Binnatics

I got totally into the bow. Man I love that weapon. It feels much cooler hitting mercs then with any other weapon ^-^
And the fact that you can collect and recycle your shot arrows makes it even better >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

I just got the signature sniper rifle, which can't be customized with a supressor, so my choice for silent range weapon is now the bow! I'm still getting the hang of it but it sure is cool. I've hunted the black panther with it and it felt great!!  >:D 8)

PZ

It is also useful for single shot kills of everything I have ever aimed at, human and animal  :-()

fragger

A favourite personal arsenal is finally starting to emerge:

1. SPAS-12 (with extended mag and night sight)
2. Shredder
3. Z93 (suppressed with 2x sight)
4. Recurve Bow (with Marksman sight).
Melee: Tanto

Sometimes I have the M60 LMG in slot 2 if I think there's going to be a lot of gunplay without a need for stealth (it can't be silenced). It's hard-hitting nature and large magazine lets me fight longer between reloads, and it goes pretty well against heavies.

Sometimes I like to pack the grenade launcher or a silenced 6P9 in slot 1 depending on the mission requirements.

One thing - it's a bit silly how you can only fit or remove a silencer at a vending machine. All you have to do is screw/unscrew it, for heaven's sake ::) It would be nice if you could whip it out in the field or stick it back in your pocket whenever you wanted to.

Art Blade

haha, so true :) or rearrange the weapon slots, I sometimes want to exchange my "primary" weapon. The Spas was a great tip from you, ever since I tried it I prefer it over the Bull. :-X

durian

Quote from: fragger on December 31, 2012, 04:41:01 PM
A favourite personal arsenal is finally starting to emerge:

1. SPAS-12 (with extended mag and night sight)
2. Shredder
3. Z93 (suppressed with 2x sight)
4. Recurve Bow (with Marksman sight).
Melee: Tanto

One thing - it's a bit silly how you can only fit or remove a silencer at a vending machine. All you have to do is screw/unscrew it, for heaven's sake ::) It would be nice if you could whip it out in the field or stick it back in your pocket whenever you wanted to.

Z93 is always in one of my slot and SPAS just become one of my favorite gun for both the power and fire rate. I like it much more than the Bull. In a playing session a couple days ago, I approached 3 pirates who were sitting around a fireplace in jungle, I blasted them with a shot of SPAS and all of them died instantly  ;D

Completely agree with you about attach/detach silencer. Weapon customization is a big improvement over FC2 but it'd be much better if we can customize them on the fly.

JRD

The beauty of the bow is that you can use it as a silent weapon, quite good at near to mid-range but also use crafted arrows to turn it literally into a grenade launcher or to set fire on a camp before attack.

I just unlocked the SPAS in the southern map and will try it next time I'm in Rook island. The Trail of the Rakyat you get to play with it was where I pulled my best score so far... 450!!

fragger's loadout is very nice indeed. SPAS for unmatched close quarters combat, Shredder for immense firepower AND stealth, Z93 for long range and the bow for multiple functionalities!  :-X

JRD

I'm developing a dual loadout system for myself.

One for the main missions which eventually end up in nasty firefights where subtelty is not an option!

1 - AMR
2 - GL-94
3 - Shredder
4 - Ripper/SPAS

Another one if I want to go unnoticed taking outposts

1 - Z93 silenced
2 - Bow
3 - Shredder
4 - SPAS (well... things do go wrong, sometimes  :-() )

Having the GL-94 makes me feel so much safer! I know I can take out vehicles and groups of enemies or enemies behind cover with a single round and it really helps in moving forward. I really like the bow for its... err... aesthetics nad class... and also for its versatility for silent combat and explosive destruction. And theSPAS... oh, the SPAS... I love how it behaves on a firefight but it's reload time kills me... literally.

A mixed loadout could be

1 - Z93 silenced
2 - GL-94
3 - Bow
4 - Ripper/SPAS

fragger

:-X

The SPAS reloading process can be interrupted - if you hit your "fire" key/button while reloading, the reload will stop and the gun will fire. If the weapon is completely empty though you still have to pump that first round before any more shells can be loaded -  a hassle to be sure, with a bunch of cutthroats breathing down your neck :-\\

Art Blade

if you want to speed up the process, don't fire the last shot in your mag (any weapon) and hit ESC, then ESC again. Weapon completely reloaded.  :-()

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 06, 2013, 05:18:01 PM
if you want to speed up the process, don't fire the last shot in your mag (any weapon) and hit ESC, then ESC again. Weapon completely reloaded.  :-()

Good one  :-X

My current set of weapons:

• Z93 - always how I soften up any area from afar
  • Shredder - good general purpose CQC
  • AMR - for single shot heavy take-downs after enemy are on alert
  • Flamethrower - so I can walk freely cross-country without fear of being mauled by any animal

JRD

The flamethrower is sure fun... either against animals, vehicles or heavies, but it is also messy and I usually end up taking some damage from my own attacks (less than I'd take if it wasn't for it, of course)

I found the Shredder extremely good agains large animals due to its high damage and fire rate. I can take tigers and bears with a burst of that beauty!

Tags:
🡱 🡳