Favorite and hated missions

Started by PZ, December 20, 2012, 02:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

Yes, I think there are at least two locations where an oxygen cylinder is floating near your route. They are visible and even get highlighted.

I take it the leopard mission is done now. I always used the rocks to shoot from as the cats rarely come up onto them in persuit. Use of hunter's instinct and repellant helps greatly too.

The worst for me was the black panther, but that was only because it was night when I got there...and I had no syringes, nor did I know at the time you could kill the leopard also lurking there however you wanted  ^-^
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mandru

Ricamundo, I don't know if the Dive Deep syringes are available to you yet at that point through the missions but they have the ability to extend your time underwater and also as one syringe wears off you can hit it with another and it re-extends your underwater duration without a gulp of air.

Testing three of these syringes I started at the surface using a syringe then dove to the bottom and as my Effectiveness Clock Time started to run out (at 5 sec left) I was able to pop the next two syringes each in turn for yet another full 1-minute of time submerged for a total of 3 minutes with no health impairment.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

my guess too is that Ric missed the oxygen masks floating around on the way through that ship. With their help I didn't need to use any syringes.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Yeah Art, I didn't need any either.  Was just trying to make suggestions that might help get Ricamundo over the worst of it.  :angel:
- mandru

Art Blade

hehe, good idea :) Like, "Ric, you'll now acquire bigger lungs and get that s#!t done or they'll staple your tongue to the tail of a shark and let him drag you through that ship!" :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru

PZ

Yes, there are two floating compressed air bottles that you must use if you are to have enough air to make it through.  I recall having trouble the first time through with the guy that was hiding behind the door as well - until I realized that you had to hit different keys at different times to make just the right kind of hit.

Ricamundo

Thanks guys for all the helpful replies. :-X I did manage to get through later on, but that save issue reared its ugly head again, as when I re started the game, I had to redo the entire mission, starting from when in the water outside. Anywho, I think my issue with that pirate wasn't that I drowned, but that he kept kicking my a$$. :-[ I managed to subdue him, and once i got my bearings( why cant i manually turn on the flashlight?) I proceeded to the next rooms and used the air bottles.

The next missions have a strong "Indiana Jones" feel don't they? :-()
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

yes they do, except for the missing whip  :-D

Jim di Griz

I think Buck fancied himself as a film director  ^-^
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mandru

Interesting, I fancied Buck as a dismembered corpse to be used for crock chum.  >:D
- mandru

PZ

I just love the Medussa mission.  I approached via the sink hole to the sniper point high above the ship and did not trigger the mission.  However, I was able to kill all three yellow targets before triggering the mission start, and from there it was easy to get to the control room.  Sure enough, the red shirts came aplenty, but I climbed to the top of the ship, threw a couple of grenades and mopped up the rest with the suppressed AK47. 

Man, what fun; I've never done the mission exactly the same way twice, and is quite reminiscent of what I experienced in FC2.

Ricamundo

Well, I'm on to the second island now, after what seemed like an endless run of the main mission. Linear in the extreme, although i suppose the main mission has to be linear, to a point. I found some challenges to be enjoyable but some were a nightmare. The huge firey beast that arose like Chernobog from a "Night On Bald Mountain" was pretty intense. I really would have preferred an RPG over that stupid bow and arrows, but at least there was a nice climax to that mish.  ^-^

There are also imho, waay too many cut scenes. Is this a movie, or a game?

I guess the best thing about many of the elements of the main mission, is that it forces you out of your comfort zone. It is also the worst thing.  :-D To a long time fan of shooters, hand to hand, bow and arrows, and knife fights are an anathema. I wonder what's next, magic spells? Oh well, back to climbing radio towers and liberating pirate bases, more of the good stuff. :-X
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Quote from: Ricamundo on March 05, 2013, 07:18:32 AM
There are also imho, waay too many cut scenes. Is this a movie, or a game?

That's so true and is the reason that games have gone from consuming a couple of gigs of disk space to well over 10 gigs per game.  A little bit of cut scene is good for the story line, but I think the developers have gone way too far.

Quote from: Ricamundo on March 05, 2013, 07:18:32 AM
... I wonder what's next, magic spells?

That would definitely kill the game for me, and I'd leave it permanently.  That fiery boss mission was over the top and just about ruined the immersive nature of the FC games for me.

Art Blade

yes, more supernatural things and I'd throw it in the bin, too

fragger

That giant demon battle almost made me chuck the game the first time I saw it ::) I thought, wtf? I'm playing bloody Quake!

Tags:
🡱 🡳