Artificial Dumbness

Started by JRD, March 12, 2009, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Excellent story Art, brought a smile and a chuckle!  (Don't you just love the artificial dumbness...)

Art Blade

Thank you :) Yes, AD made me laugh quite a bit.

Always a highlight is when they somehow manage to blow themselves up. And the sugar on top is their comments, such as "Arrrrrgh, stupid" followed by a death grunt. And even funnier it is when I can't see them while they do that. Good for your imagination which may be even funnier than (virtual) reality.

Speaking of deaths, and AD, I have read here some comments about misterious deaths i.e. in a cease-fire zone. I have observed and investigated some of them. Apparently some "hardware" such as tables, chairs etc have a "killing edge" to them, so that when someone only wants to just sit down and relax, it finishes him off. I once witnessed how a guy tried to sit down but instead got flung high in the air (I was on top of a roof of a house and he came up eye-to-eye and pulled back down. The result was a fatal crash... accompanied by the beloved "uh-URRRRRrrrrgh!"... Yes, I do love it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

That is a great story.  AD is excellent, and if "they" ever get so good at programming AI and this stuff goes away it'll be sorely missed by guys like us that can appreciate it.  It's great for laughs.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Nice one Art... I just love when they blow themselves up.
Ysterday, for the first time I saw a grenade truck blow up.
I was on an underground mission, out of syrettes and on my second malaria strike with no medication (will try to keep that way to see here malaria will take me).
I attacked the UG location when a grenade jeep came from behind and blasted me... survived with just one piece of health. They were maneuvering to send me into pieces when the driver passed behind a large rock and the gunner fired...  ;D
As you said, AD saved my AL...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

your post made me chuckle, hehehe... yeah, funny how they tend to overextend themselves on blowing you up and in the end only succeed in making you laugh, relieved.

Recently I had to hide in the night with two mercs on my neck. I prefer roofs or high grounds so they have a hard time reaching me. So the two clowns went all mental and started chucking handgrenades up to my spot. Perhaps they missed out lunch or something, but they just couldn't throw the pineapples high enough. They would probably have liked to put the pins back in when those grens went ballistic... The silence after the explosion is almost somewhat disappointing after all the fuzz. In a way it's funny too, when you have had all the noise for some time and then BANG *chirp* all you hear is crickets :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Bravo

Yesterday I watched a jeep drive off a bridge only to hit the boat that was after me...all 4 of them died. It was epic.

JRD

That one is excellent.... a true sample of AD...

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 11, 2009, 11:00:58 PM
... Good for your imagination which may be even funnier than (virtual) reality.

You hit the nail on the head with this comment.  although unrelated, it is using your imagination and planning FC2 activities that has many of us so intrigued with the game.  It's sad that the folks that complain about driving too much are "missing the boat" when it comes to playing the game.  Oh well, diversity is what makes the world go 'round.

Bravo

Quote from: JRD on April 13, 2009, 05:46:04 AM
That one is excellent.... a true sample of AD...

I could not stop laughing. Just the look of it all...it was great.

Art Blade

"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity" :)

JRD

Art... allow me to use it as my sig?

Art Blade

sure :) I don't have any copyrights for it :)

JRD

It fits the inexorable principle of Artificial Dumbness upon which mercs behave ;)

And so do I sometimes  ;D

Aeris

Once, there was this Mercenary with a Carl G, sitting on top of a Sniper Tower, he saw me, I thought "sh!$.", turns out that I was quite wrong right there... he crouched, fired... the rocket blew right in his face, he shot the metal shielding the Sniper Tower had... my thoughts changed in that moment "What a dumbass.".

I do not remember where this would have been, but it was quite funny.

spaceboy

That would have been awesome to see, the actions of the AI never cease to amaze us.   And welcome to the forums Aeris... 

Dweller_Benthos

I've seen a rocket merc do that too, at the airfield. He shot one RPG at me, which missed, so I naturally moved so there was a tree between me & him. I was just peeking around the tree with the Dragunov scope to see if I could get a shot at him, just in time to see him fire right into the tree not 5 feet in front of him. Bet that was a surprise.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I love it when they do that :) sometimes you hear a merc yelling, "careful!" and then you hear a BANG "Aaaa-Aaaaaarrrrgh!"  ;D

Aeris

Quote from: spaceboy on April 30, 2009, 05:06:57 AM
That would have been awesome to see, the actions of the AI never cease to amaze us.   And welcome to the forums Aeris...
It was quite funny, I could not contain my laughter, I had "to Esc" so that I could laugh my guts out... Thanks for the welcome. :P

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 30, 2009, 08:05:40 AM
I've seen a rocket merc do that too, at the airfield. He shot one RPG at me, which missed, so I naturally moved so there was a tree between me & him. I was just peeking around the tree with the Dragunov scope to see if I could get a shot at him, just in time to see him fire right into the tree not 5 feet in front of him. Bet that was a surprise.
I bet that his last thought must have been "F*** whoever planted that tree right there."

Quote from: Art Blade on April 30, 2009, 08:48:45 AM
I love it when they do that :) sometimes you hear a merc yelling, "careful!" and then you hear a BANG "Aaaa-Aaaaaarrrrgh!"  ;D
Lol, yeah, that is quite funny.

---

While in Mosate-Selao, I saw one Merc, all of sudden, trip over one of the Tables with the Parasols on them... he died instantly, and some of the Beer Bottles on the table burst, then... this one Merc with sunglasses just locks his eyes on me, for like 3 seconds, next time I know...

"Escape the cease-fire zone and lose your attackers." pops up on the top part of the screen, they thought I had killed that one guy, just like that time when I was standing nearby and watched a murder in the same town... quite random, I wonder what else this game has hidden from us.

Art Blade

I have noticed that mercs die a lot out there, from furnitures, mostly. In Sefapane there is a table with a chair outside that huge building you can walk in and up to the roof. From the roof I saw the table was destroyed (my fault hehe) and every once in a while a merc touched the wreck of the table and died. Same in Port Selao, there are a couple of places where mercs die (benches, tables). That has to be a bug in the game, yet it still makes you laugh once in a while or wonder if you didn't know about the circumstances.

The best moments are if you hear a merc go "Argh, stupid... Ah-haaaaargh!" That was always a funny mystery to me, what the flipping heck did he just do  :)

spaceboy

Just last night I was driving along and a truck was coming towards me on the road when all of a sudden...BOOM the car exploded flipped over forwards all in flames.  Both mercs died instantly.  I don't think it could have been a grenade truck blowing itself up because the explosion was from behind.  Very strange.  I stopped and got out, surveyed the area.  There was nobody out there attacking me so I thanked the Far Cry 2 "gods" got back in my truck and drove away.  Funny stuff.

Ricamundo

Talking about natural stupidity, I was in a crouch aiming the crossbow at a target, using a small bush for cover. I fired, and immediately the bush and surrounding grasses caught fire. :-[ I had to backpedal outts there quick, nursing some burns. Sheesh what a maroon!

Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

That's a funny one Ricamundo - I can't tell how many times I've watched myself burn after firing a rocket!

Art Blade

Only recently I was wondering why the hell the grass around me started to burn, ran away, and again the grass burning around me. It was me burning, a walking torch, who set the grass alight with every step LOL

DKM2

Quote from: Art Blade on May 01, 2009, 08:59:38 AM
Only recently I was wondering why the hell the grass around me started to burn, ran away, and again the grass burning around me. It was me burning, a walking torch, who set the grass alight with every step LOL
This should go into tactics, "how to quickly spread a fire with no wind present"
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

Hahahaha! It's not exactly subtle, torching yourself with a rocket launcher first, then, as a shiny example, show everyone how to spread fire with no wind present.

Tags:
🡱 🡳