Fallout 4 Screenshots

Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Looks like an obscene serial killer that cut off someone's head and was performing an equally obscene act on it.

Art Blade

nice pic  :-D I think someone found the skeleton and the skull and draped them there to make it look funny.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:laugh: I'd like to know what the story was there (or not)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I suppose it could be a serial killer with the head of his last victim and he just has a weird urinal fetish and got caught by the bomb mid-act .....

But enough weird skeleton pics, here's some stuff from my settlement at Sanctuary. Made a new building to house all the power armor suits I've collected.

[smg id=8533 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Shop"]
Interior first floor with the armor stations for repairing/upgrading. I only keep a few sets of armor here, the main versions of each type with different upgrades/paint jobs. Kind of like Art's garage in GTAV, lol.

[smg id=8534 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Shop"]
Exterior looking up at the second floor with the spare armor sets looking menacing out the windows.

[smg id=8535 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Shop"]
More of the second floor. I only have room for one more armor set before I need to make more windows.

[smg id=8537 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Shop"]
Night shot.

[smg id=8538 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Shop"]
Night shot.

[smg id=8536 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Relaxing"]
I was relaxing in the pool room when Preston came over and sat down, and helped himself to a drink.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 28, 2016, 08:26:45 AMKind of like Art's garage in GTAV, lol.

HAHAHA! That cracked me up :-D :-D

Nice pics and very nice construction Mr D_B. Really nice +1 :-X for your adaptation of my showcase garage :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

haha, thanks guys. Problem is, I'm running out of buildable area in that settlement, and may have to use a trick to get more build room. This isn't physical space in the area, it's the build limit built into the game that limits how much you can build in one area. I don't need to add much, mostly some display cases for magazines and such, and more windows, but since I'll be removing walls to build new ones, I might be able to sneak past that limit.
D_B

PZ

Once you tire of the vanilla game, I think there is a mod to increase settlement size - lots of settlement mods that sound good, like higher powered generators and longer wires to make the settlements look cleaner

fragger

Great pics D_B :) :-X

I love the "Don't mess with this home owner" decor on the second floor :-D

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=8559 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Church"]
Came across this happy couple in a small Church in Cambridge. I wonder if they were waiting to get married on the fateful day, just before the soldier shipped out?

[smg id=8560 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Teddy"]
It isn't all macabre skeletons you find, sometimes it's cute teddy bears.... um doing their business.
D_B

PZ

There appears to be lots of interesting unique things to find in the game.  :-X

Art Blade

mandru

D_B, wow that first pic of the couple in the church makes me wonder if it's not an equally but different tragic scenario.  It strikes me as the opposite of the picture that comes up when you google "sailor kiss vj day".   My read is they may have been perfect strangers who observed from a location directly shaded by surrounding buildings who when seeing the reflected distant flash quietly entered and awaited in the closest shelter for the inevitable yet hoping for possible survival.  I do enjoy trying to read deeper meanings and dig out background in my gaming.  Even if just imaginary.  :-D

Or once again it's the w@&k of post-apunkalyptic humorists.  I can see I would have a lot of fun with FO4.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on February 03, 2016, 09:40:03 AMwhen seeing the reflected distant flash quietly entered and awaited in the closest shelter for the inevitable yet hoping for possible survival.

I find that quite plausible  :)

PZ

Quote from: mandru on February 03, 2016, 09:40:03 AM
It strikes me as the opposite of the picture that comes up when you google "sailor kiss vj day".   My read is they may have been perfect strangers who observed from a location directly shaded by surrounding buildings who when seeing the reflected distant flash quietly entered and awaited in the closest shelter for the inevitable yet hoping for possible survival.  I do enjoy trying to read deeper meanings and dig out background in my gaming.  Even if just imaginary.  :-D

Almost like reading a good book - everything depends on your imagination.  Talk about immersion   :-X

Dweller_Benthos

I thought of that as well, along with some other scenarios, but since the bombs dropped on a Saturday, normal church services were probably not the reason, unless it was a Catholic church with Saturday mass. But the image of two people standing on the street watching the bombs explode nearby, then, maybe wordlessly, walking together into a church to sit in a pew and wait for death while holding each other is a little too sad, even for Fallout. Then again, one of the skeletons you find is of a teenage girl who was hiding in a cabin in the woods because her parents had kicked her out for an unwed pregnancy, so maybe that's not too far off. In the suitcase nearby is a laundered green dress you can take, so she had probably packed in a hurry and left. The next day was short for her.

But now maybe something not so sad:

[smg id=8564 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="The girls"]
Some of the women in my settlement just randomly stopped by and sat around my living room. Dogmeat doing his best peeping tom from behind the door.
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Binnatics

:laugh:

That bobblehead collector case ^-^

I find your settlement with the armor showcases very cool indeed. It reminds of of these holding caches / stables they have along the rodeo with angry bulls who can't wait to break out and lace up the first cowboy who has the guts to sneak uppon them :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

I had to add more viewing windows in my armor showcase building, as I acquired two more sets. I now have complete sets of all the power armor types in the game, plus a couple extras for different paint jobs.

Now for some more pics

[smg id=8575 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="dog house"]
The theory about the deranged serial killer positioning bodies in weird locations may be correct. You do a quest in the sewers of Boston and come across the killer's trophy area. He has positioned various victims in gruesome and humorous poses. He also left tapes behind to taunt the police detective who is tracking him. So the picture I posted before may have been his w@&k, even though it's not specifically marked as so in the game.

[smg id=8576 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Constitution"]
The wreck of the US Constitution, with rockets added because why not? Cool night shot, I thought.

[smg id=8573 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Bus teddy"]
Teddy Bears also drive buses.

[smg id=8574 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Play doctor"]
... and play doctor.
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

hehe, yes  :-D

Indeed a cool night shot there D_B :-X :)

mandru

Thanks for the pics D_B.  :-X

The dog collared skeleton missing its feet in the doghouse was unsettling enough but adding to the mystery is the piece of chalk on the floor and the "X" scribed over the doghouse door.  I'm gonna have to think on that one for a bit.  ????
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

I think the feet are on that skeleton, just at an angle where you can't see them. Each of the bodies in this place was marked with an X and a piece of chalk laying around. Some of them had three or four X marks, so the guy was busy. The one with the baby carriages was grim, though luckily, there are no baby skeletons in the game, that would be a bit too much I think. So, the carriages you see are always empty, but the situations they are in, along with the adult skeletons nearby, can be some heart-wrenching scenes, where you can only imagine the parent's desperation trying to save their child from the blast.

Now for something a little more fun and cheerful, I raided the comic book store and grabbed the Gragnak The Barbarian battle axe and costume. Then climbed the Corvega plant to get an epic pose.

[smg id=8578 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Grognak"]

Grognak the Barbarian is obviously a take on Conan, and is the in-game comic book. It is one of the magazines you can collect to add special abilities. The battle axe and costume are just some fun extras, not really useful.
D_B

PZ

Knowing your gaming style, I suspect that you'll have countless hours of exploration in FO4, mandru.  You and AB might even have a contest to see who spends the most time in their favorite game.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳