Fallout 4 Screenshots

Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

nice mnemonic D_B  :-X :)

:-()

And yes, D_B is right. I got hooked. I saw TerrZor playing it and he allowed me to watch him through a steam live stream. Basically as if he had two monitors connected. One for him, one for me. Voice chat over steam enabled, I was able to ask him stuff and he'd show me or explain. Most of the time I was just watching him constructing stuff while I was having a snack and a drink. :-D I decided to get it myself and we even hooked up once to play cooperatively. Fun :) Yesterday I rammed a planet.. err, I crash-landed a space ship the size of Tasmania because I didn't notice the planet in front of me in time.  :laugh:

[smg id=8679 type=preview align=center caption="oops"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, errr.... "landing" lol. I haven't played it much since they added planets, I'm waiting a bit for the game to finalize I guess. Same goes for Stranded Deep and Subnautica, both are changing so much that getting used to the current version only to get the rug pulled out from under you when the next update comes out and changes everything is a bummer. Not to mention it sometimes means "sorry you have to start a whole new game, the old save files are no longer compatible".

And now back to our regularly scheduled Fallout 4 screenshots:

[smg id=8680 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Pumped"]
Even toy aliens need a workout, but really shouldn't use performance-enhancing drugs (the pill bottle next to him is Buffout, essentially steroids)

[smg id=8681 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Stranded"]
Not sure how this person got out there, as it was wildly difficult for me to get there as a fully ambulatory person. In a wheelchair on a floating wooden platform wedged in a rock face on a tiny island in the ocean? With a bottle of buffout, of course.

[smg id=8682 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Insomnia"]
Note the message in the HUD that you can sleep here. I think I'll pass. These people are in a bunker that was closed off when the generator running the air system failed and the door was essentially vacuum sealed shut and they couldn't get out. The graves of the two children are at the other end of the bunker.

[smg id=8683 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Cigar"]
If you think it was a pain to get the cigarette on there the first time, adding a cigar was even more frustrating. Then right after this the game crashed without saving and I had to do it again.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Nice finds again :) Funny alien with weights and 'roids.  :-()

And man what a bummer that your game crashed just after fiddling in those smokes :-(

I really like the wheelchair pic. Someone must have administered a nice little push and watched that person drift away going, "seeeee yaaa!" >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great pics, D_B - makes me want to go into the game just to stumble across those gems, which appear to be quite numerous and unique  :-X

+1 for all the cool finds

Art Blade

agree.. time for just another atomic slap on the back from me, too  :-() +1 :-X

Dweller_Benthos

You guys are too kind, thanks.

Now for some robots!

[smg id=8684 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Jezebel"]
Part of the new DLC, you get to build robots. This is the brain in a jar from the previous picture. She agrees to help you if you build a new body for her. Gave her some weapons and made her a guard.

[smg id=8685 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Don't mess with me"]
Made this guy as a provisioner. Since he has to travel the wasteland to supply one of my far-flung settlements, I made him scary and well armed and armored. The tank treads make him super fast, you have to run after him to keep up. Normal human provisioners just mosey along at a snail's pace.

D_B

Binnatics

Wow, D_B, your pictures keep surprising me. This really is a game where I could spend too much time :-D

I watched closely at the body building alien. First I thought it was a piggy bank, although the colours got me puzzled a bit. That was before reading the subscript. Thought that thing in the middle was the rubber tap that usually is hidden in the belly :-D

+1 from my end too, for keeping this topic live. I could've never guessed the amount of funny, entertaining screenies ^-^ :-X

I'm seriously thinking about buying the game. The only thing that keeps me from it is the fact that it is not good for my health if I start another supergame just now that GTA Online starts to wear off :-D :-D :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, there is a lot to do in this game, and it can be a time suck (as in, "How is it 2 in the morning already?" time suck) but with proper discipline, you can save time for other things in life. Not that I know what those other things are, but hey, whatever floats yer boat. The toy alien is just a small rubber toy, they are scattered around, this is the first time I've seen one set in a tableau that would usually have a teddy bear.

Anyway, I built robots last night. To add to the the red tank track one above, who is the provisioner to this settlement, I needed a guard and someone to man (robot?) the artillery.

[smg id=8686 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Guard"]
Here's the guard, you can tell he's big compared to the tractor next to him. I had to remove that, though, as he kept getting stuck on it.

[smg id=8687 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Artillery"]
The artillery bot and the mortar gun she handles. Yes, be scared.

D_B

Binnatics

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 07, 2016, 07:52:04 AM
...whatever floats yer boat.

Ever heard of "seemingly unimportant decisions"?
I keep navigating my boat alongside my PC where a big GTA-Online sign is picted on the desktop :-D :-D :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Gives full meaning to the term "sandbox game"

Dweller_Benthos

Had to wait in a church for someone to show up and advance a quest, when Piper apparently found God.

[smg id=8691 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Piper"]
Never pegged her for the religious type.
D_B

Binnatics

Looks more like losing faith to me.... in the appointment showing up that is :-D :-() :-()

Dweller_Benthos

haha, yeah, maybe she was just bored of waiting. You have to meet the other person there after dark, so we wandered around the neighborhood causing trouble, then I sat in a pew and used the wait command.

That's for a Railroad quest, and mostly I just wanted the ballistic fiber upgrade, so now I can add 110 protection to my clothes, and wear my normal armor on top of that for over 250 protection, which is getting in range of power armor. The types of clothes you can add ballistic weave to is limited for no reason I can see, so I grabbed a mod that allows it to be added to practically anything.
D_B

Art Blade

ballistic fibre upgrade to your handkerchief might prevent you from sneezing holes in it.

mandru

the ballistic fiber MkV does give for some of the clothing like dirty/clean army uniforms 110 standard and 110 energy protection plus layering your personal armament over that plus being able to carry all that over into your power armor suits but there's a couple ways to boost even that impressive protection.

Newsboy hats and a couple others can also be treated with the ballistic fiber which will stack 110/110 to your total and if you can find them the "military uniform" has the added benefit of being improved to 110/115.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

I installed a mod that lets you put ballistic fiber on pretty much anything. So I put it on my vault suit for 135 energy resistance, 120 or so damage resistance, and 35 radiation. On top of that I wear some pretty heavily upgraded nano combat armor, all deep pocketed for carry weight, so I think it adds up to 255 damage, 275 energy, and the base 35 radiation, because making normal armor lead-lined for increased radiation makes it too heavy and removes the deep pocketed bonus, so you decrease your carry weight by a large amount. I have the ghoulish perk which makes radiation heal me, so I don't care about it. Just for grins, I put ballistic weave on my hazmat suit, so that added the base 110 energy and damage resistance to it's 1000 radiation resistance.

My 20 or so sets of power armor are just mostly for decoration, lol.
D_B

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

PZ

Now, that's my kind of game play  ^-^  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

Not a lot of exciting things have happened to me in the game recently, and I think I've been to most of the weird places and seen the funny things that were set up in the map design by the developers, so that leaves stuff I build (which isn't much, but might be more in a bit) and random things that happen. This is one of those.

[smg id=8696 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Janitor MacReady"]
I was in Vault 81 doing the school lecture mission, and was traveling with MacReady at the time, and he must have been so bored he decided to pick up a broom and start sweeping. Going from a stone cold mercenary to a janitor is quite a leap. Unless he was just trying to show that lady janitor in the background his softer side.
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Well, I went back to Vault 81 to finish up some things, this time with Cait in tow, and I guess it's just something about that place that makes people want to sweep up:

[smg id=8697 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Janitor Cait"]
She's wearing the Grognak costume because it's sexy, and the chef hat because it's silly. Compare to the shot a couple pages back of Piper in the Grognak costume.

[smg id=8698 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Vertibird Flight"]
This one from a while ago, forgot to post it. The first trip on a Brotherhood of Steel vertibird with Piper and Danse. Yes, they trust a complete new comer with the mounted minigun. I shot at things along the way, lol.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳