Fallout 4 Screenshots

Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Heh heh Cait.  She's a cudgels not cuddles kind of gal.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

I gave her a power fist, but haven't seen her use it yet.

Yes, I know that sounds dirty. It's a weapon, you pervs. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Power_fist_(Fallout_4) and yes, there are flaming and penetrating versions. I don't make this stuff up, blame Bethesda.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

OWGKID

Nice outfit  :-D I think I'm going to add Fallout 4 to my wishlist, grab the game for garbage bin price and install mods  >:D
LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

The modding kit should be out in a few weeks, I guess, once it hits, there will be so many mods you won't know what to do with them. There's already tens of thousands and that's just what people can come up with using hacking tools.
D_B

OWGKID

:-D Sounds awesome! 8) >:D
LEGACY

PZ

I'm looking forward to seeing what the modders can come up with using the official tools. I recall FO3 player houses that were dynamite!

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=8699 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Curie"]
To continue the theme of girls in the Grognak costume, here's Curie in her synth form wearing it. The hat is the colonial lieutenant's hat from the USS Constitution quest.

Now for some shots of the fighting arena I'm building.

[smg id=8700 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Arena 1"]
The basic layout, concrete walls to hold them in.

[smg id=8701 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Arena 2"]
The wiring and switches to control the cages, this was the initial setup to see how it worked, need to clean this up.

[smg id=8702 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Arena 3"]
Close up of the killing floor.

[smg id=8703 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Arena 4"]
Overview from the other side, with the generator that powers everything and the turrets that protect it.

The idea here is to use the traps to generate the materials needed to capture the next level of animal, up to the really dangerous deathclaw. To be either killed by me for the experience points, or by some hapless merc who I lure in there. The double set of traps capture radstags which are mutated deer, using carrots from my farm as bait. Their meat is used to lure yao guai, which are mutated bears, whose meat is used to lure the deathclaws. From the control panel siwtches I can open the cages as needed to release the captured animals and then repeat the process. Once I get enough bait saved up, I'll start making cages for the humans who will either kill or be killed, up to them.

The location is the drive-in movie theater, so the old screen is seen at one end and the projection booth/snack bar at the other. Those structures can't be removed without mods.
D_B

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

really cool, D_B  :-X

Be sure to take a few pics of the hapless individuals you lure in  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I spent probably two hours last night re-doing pretty much the entire thing. I had the concrete walls that have wire mesh openings, so you could see in easily, but that also let my defense turrets shoot into the arena and ruin all the fun. So I replaced them all with solid concrete walls. I have a device set up called a beta wave emitter that tames the wild animals so they will help you defend the settlement. Problem is, if it loses power or gets damaged, then they become hostile again, so of course it got damaged and I had to kill the one yao guai I had roaming around as he started attacking. So I spent more time getting the power generator and emitter safely inside concrete bunkers so they can't be attacked, well not very easily anyway.

Then I have the issue of some random Minutemen wandering by, and somehow they get inside the arena, along with the robot I have set to provision the place. I have to remove a wall to let them all back out. Apparently the place to spawn new NPC's is right in the middle of the area that is now taken up completely by the arena.

Once I get some epic battles going there, I'll post some more pics.
D_B

PZ

Sounds like great fun - looking forward to the outcomes  :-X +1

Art Blade

Binnatics

Indeed, VERY currious >:D >:D :-()

And a +1 for the excellent idea  :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

There's a specific doormat that's available in the Workshops that allows you to change the fast travel point of arrival.

I hated traveling to Covenant and then being forced to open the big doors to get inside every time so I placed the 'point of arrival mat' just inside the doors to save me that extra click.

Maybe that mat will also affect the spawn in point of randomly appearing NPCs.  :-\\
- mandru

fragger

I'm a bit late catching up with this thread. Very creative endeavour D_B, hats off and a +1 8)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, the NPC spawn points are separate from the fast travel point you can place. I've set the one here to be on the "wing" of the projection booth/snack bar. I've found it's best to move the travel point to a high location that's secure, as you never know what you're going to find once you get there. Hence the danger of traveling to points "in the wild" like the Super Duper Mart in Lexington. Once your player XP level is high enough, there's a Behemoth that spawns there and will bash your face with his fire hydrant club as soon as you appear.
D_B

fragger

Fire hydrant club? That'd leave a bruise on you ???

Art Blade

yep I reckon it would -- still better than getting slapped around with a large trout I suppose  :-D

mandru

Yeah, I remember the first time I encountered a behemoth with his fire hydrant club attached to the end of about 6 feet of water main for a handle.  I was in my X0-1 power armor upgraded to allow extra carry power and was pretty upset that the game wouldn't allow me to at least take it home for a souvenir even if I couldn't equip and wield it.  ::)
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

As always, there's a mod for that:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5700/?

Looks ridiculous if you ask me:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Someone with more forum voodoo than me please make that small? Sure./Art
D_B

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳