Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Thanks AB; 'twas nothing  ^-^ I enjoy capturing images so I can relive the events at a later time.  ^-^

PZ

I found this large boat that looked like a PT boat.  It is equipped with what looks like a .50 cal that is devastating.  Tanking only a few rounds, enemy boats explode furiously.  In this set I had just left Citra's place and walked tot he shore where the boat was waiting.  My intent was to sail up the eastern shore, and I encountered many of these enemy gunboats, none of which even got off a shot.

[smg id=5087 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5088 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5089 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5090 width=400 align=center]

PZ

One of my favorite past times is to liberate outposts, and here is one on the eastern shore of the northern map.  I've done two so far, and the first one was a piece of cake.  It was near the tower on the southern tip of the island, and all I did was to shoot the cage containing the tiger.  He killed everyone in the outpost and I was rewarded with 1500 XP.  >:D

In the series below I was using the Z93 with suppressor, large clip, and high powered scope.  Starting on the southern end of the outpost, I took out the pirates on the dock, then worked my way east to tag all the pirates.  The mod I'm using shows their body silhouette but not the orange tag above their head.

I must say that it is really nice to have the large sniper available before the southern island is available.  It is expensive $3,400, and the attachments are well over $1,000, but it is worth every penny.  Those pirates with the armor and helmets are no match for the big round.  I also went hunting for Komodo dragons - needed their skin for one of the pouches - was able to snipe 3 in only a few minutes.

My next purchase once I've saved enough pennies: the ACE  >:D

Tagging the enemy
[smg id=5091 width=400 align=center]

Shooting a propane tank set the place ablaze.  Surprisingly the pirates still did not sound alarm, likely because they had not seen me yet.
[smg id=5092 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5093 width=400 align=center]

Checking out the area once more before I try to sneak in and disable the alarms
[smg id=5094 width=400 align=center]

Done!  Man, these outposts are fun in a true open world sense.  All I used was about 6 Z93 sniper rounds.
[smg id=5095 width=400 align=center]

fragger

Nice w@&k PZ, I like the hotel escape sequence, excellent! It's a bit like a movie storyboard :-D :-X

Here's a kudo from me too :)

fragger

This had to hurt...
[smg id=5166 align=center width=600]

Explosions look great on the water, and the AMR is great for making them happen!
[smg id=5167 align=center width=600]

I found all those guys that Vaas killed, the ones I was buried under. I wish I could kill the s.o.b. all over again. Well, I will next playthrough >:D
[smg id=5168 align=center width=600]

"Hey, watch it, bub! You're supposed to splash your boots, not mine!"
[smg id=5169 align=center width=600]

I found another beam carrier. What are these guys doing with those?
[smg id=5170 align=center width=600]

The old and the new.
[smg id=5171 align=center width=600]

Look what I found! The barge from FC2! Well, almost...
[smg id=5172 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

Fragger, let me slap you for all those excellent shots you came up with recently :-() +1 :-X

lol @ the bub one  :laugh:

I particularly like "the old and the new". Perfectly arranged pic  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks fragger, and great photos yourself - kudos!  :-X

fragger

Thank you gentlemen :)

durian

fragger, you just got a slap on the back for the amazing shots with funny comments.
"This had to hurt"
"Wait, you're supposed to splash on your booth, not mine"  :laugh: :laugh:

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

durian

PZ, a slap on your back for your efforts.  :-X

The outposts are really fun, and are the saving grace in this game IMO

Art Blade

Wingsuit, looking to the left at my arm
[smg id=5179 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0022"]
Behind a waterfall, looking up
[smg id=5180 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0023"]
What you don't see are a bazillion mosquitos..
[smg id=5181 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0024"]
"thirsty man with a chair"
[smg id=5182 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0025"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

First I saw this after a brief firefight based on a misunderstanding. (notice the flames in the driver's cab)
[smg id=5183 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 24 00070"]
Then I played around with it a bit (put a few holes in it)
[smg id=5185 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 24 00071"]
and got a nice reward  :) Did it several times, this one looks the best.
[smg id=5184 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 25 00003"]

fragger

Thank you for the kudos durian :)

Nice shots there Art :-X I've got to try that truck trick 8)

lol @ "...firefight based on a misunderstanding"  :laugh:

Art Blade

cheers, and hehe, glad you noticed that little joke :laugh: you know, those misunderstandings keep happening at the airstrip  :-()

Art Blade

Pets are soooo cute in these islands. They like to take a little nap together with our wondrous locals and lovingly cuddle up.

Aaaww.. :)
[smg id=5186 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 23 00010"]
Didn't want to wake them up so I used a silent bow on the butt.
[smg id=5187 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 18 00002"]
Two friends, stretched out in the sand after a rare shark steak lunch. You can still see where they prepared it. The guy on the floor in the back can't stand green and fell over unconscious when looking at the grass.
[smg id=5188 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0026"]

Binnatics

Nice pics all of you!!!! :-X :-X

I have one where you have a nice view on the game mechanics:

[smg id=5111]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

cheers :)

Nice.. :) Ah.. I've seen some of those, I believe that they are "fake" tall but flat trees that keep trying to turn their front to you  :-D

PZ

Outstanding photos, AB  :-X

Did you try driving that truck? Would be fun to drive it into an outpost  >:D

Art Blade

thanks, PZ :) The truck is mere decoration, check the mini map in the pics. The "car" symbols are for drivable cars left and right while the truck is just part of the airstrip layout. By the way, I've found two more of those, one is right down the parallel road to the airstrip between those barracks, the other one on the compound of some oil/gas refinery where the mission Black Gold takes place.

durian

Great shots, Art  :-X :)

Binnatics

When you do the heli escape with your brother you find out how many explosive things are around that airport :-X ^-^
I believe also the planes are explosive. Btw; did anyone succeed in blowing up gas stations? I've seen various but haven't yet found out if they are explosive ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

tried that, yes, but to no avail :-(

Art Blade

It's all about being a professional in every aspect.

We even fix hot stuff like that..
[smg id=5206 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 26 00026"]
carefully welding the leak shut..
[smg id=5207 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 26 00027"]
Done. Good as new.  :-()
[smg id=5208 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 26 00028"]

fragger

Wow, that's fantastic attention to detail, even if a tad ludicrous - using a naked flame to repair a fully tanked-up gas truck right under the "FLAMMABLE" sign ??? :-D

Still, it's cool that you can do that :-X And you're a brave man for trying it...

Art Blade

I can't  :laugh: You cannot repair those trucks (they're not ridable)

Spoiler
First I shot the truck and then I played around with the blow torch just to make believe  >:D And.. I uploaded the pics in reversed order but did the numbers "right"  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳