Music Discussion

Started by RedRaven, September 30, 2009, 10:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

I love this one :

The Monkees: Last Train To Clarksville, 1967

Why are videos covered with spoilers?
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

so the massive vids don't clog up my tiny post  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Ah, OK, thought it was a new rule or something about bandwith :)

Binnatics

How I love that scene where Uma and John do the twist at Jack Rabbit Slim's :-X ^-^

If I ever go to the States I also want to know what a five dollar shake tastes like ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Fiach on November 28, 2012, 01:26:22 PM
Ah, OK, thought it was a new rule or something about bandwith :)
Although OWG bandwidth is not an issue; we have unlimited (bandwidth consumption is on the YouTube server and your internet provider). Having the videos in spoilers means that they do not need to load until the spoiler is clicked.

Let's say that we have 50 YouTube images embedded in a topic.  Each one needs to preload the video image, which increases the time it takes to load the OWG page (our forum has to wait until all the video is preloaded from YouTube.  One reason to keep the number of posts you see per page low is that your OWG page will load faster.  For instance, again using the example of 50 YouTube videos; if your posts per page is set to 50, then all 50 videos need to preload.  If you set your posts per page to 10, then only 10 need to load with each page refresh.

Art Blade

that is the long version  :-X :-()

I decided to write it in a way Fiach gets it down more easily  :-D ;) ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: PZ on November 28, 2012, 02:50:32 PM
Although OWG bandwidth is not an issue; we have unlimited (bandwidth consumption is on the YouTube server and your internet provider). Having the videos in spoilers means that they do not need to load until the spoiler is clicked.

Let's say that we have 50 YouTube images embedded in a topic.  Each one needs to preload the video image, which increases the time it takes to load the OWG page (our forum has to wait until all the video is preloaded from YouTube.  One reason to keep the number of posts you see per page low is that your OWG page will load faster.  For instance, again using the example of 50 YouTube videos; if your posts per page is set to 50, then all 50 videos need to preload.  If you set your posts per page to 10, then only 10 need to load with each page refresh.

I knew that....er...honest I did :)

nexor

Quote from: Art Blade on November 28, 2012, 06:37:15 AM
T H E  T W I S T

.. Let's do the twist again

Oh dear and one more that just sneaked in from the back of my mind..  :laugh:

I'm a believer

Man.......  was at the hight of my teens when The Monkees started off, won me a competition or two rockin and rollin, twist and jive, good old days   :-(    :'( 

Tags:
🡱 🡳