Re:question about First farcry game

Started by Gamer4Life, July 25, 2012, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamer4Life

hey all-
first off, let me say that I know this is a forum for Farcry 2, but I have a question about The first game, Farcry. I bought and installed the game from Gamefly, and it installed fine. When I run the game, it loads/plays every single level but the Steam level;it will run the cut scene into the level just fine, but won't play. I get a message saying "error loading level data". I contacted Gamefly tech support, and have yet to hear from them. Anyone else have this problem, and maybe can help w/a fix? my system specs are as follows:

Windows XP 32 bit operating system
Nvidia Geforce GT 240 w/1GB Of Ram, w/latest drivers
Onboard RealTek Sound Card, w/latest drivers.
Amd Dual Core Processor 6000+ MMX 3D Now

Thanks again.

Art Blade

hello and welcome to OWG, gamer4life :)

I played FC1 (retail) and don't recall that error. Have you checked that you got all updates on that game installed?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Gamer4Life

Hey Art,
Thanks for the Reply. Yes, Ihave all the latest updates for my system, and the latest patch for the Game. I contacted Gamefly, as said above, and they sent me an e mail saying they could not help with activated games? weird. So, I uninstalled, and am re downloading, thinking that may fix the error. Dunno. Anyways, Ill let you know.

mandru

Hi G4L  :-X

**You responded before I could hit the post button.  :-D  I'll leave my post as it was but add:

Gamefly says they can't help with activated games? Mavbe you should bounce an email reply back to them saying "That was unhelpful, 1. how can I know there's a problem with a game before I activate it so that you could have helped and 2. if you can't do anything who do I need to take this problem to to get it fixed?" **

Obviously your rig has plenty of grit to plow through the original FC.  It's got to be something going on with the Steam additional content that's fouling you up.  :-\\

I've not played the original FC but maybe one of our other members has encountered this problem and will come along and offer better solutions than you've gotten so far.  Either that or hopefully Gamefly will be able to get back to you soon with a fix.

Good luck with getting that level unlocked, up and running.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Sorry I can't help, but welcome to the forum anyway  ;)

fragger

Hi Gamer4Life, welcome to OWG :)

I was a big fan of FC1 back in its day, but I never even knew there was a Steam level, so I'm afraid I can't help you with that either. Steam and I have a bit of a stormy relationship so I'm not inclined to log onto them to find out about that level...

Just out of curiosity, do you play, or have you played, FC2?

nexor

Welcomei G4L, I agree with fragger, didn't know there was a Steam level.
Nothing wrong with your rig in running FC1, I probably did about five play through's and never had any glitches, sorry mate can't help either   :D

Art Blade

maybe I got it wrong but "steam" doesn't necessarily mean the game service provider with that name, perhaps one of the levels has to do with actual vapour, steam :)

Far Cry Level 8 Steam Part 1
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Gamer4Life

Hey all,
Thanks for replying, but I got working I just uninstalled, redownloaded, and installed it again. after I reinstalled, I typed:\map steam and bingo, the level loaded.

mandru

Cool, glad you got it sorted out.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

nexor

Glad you got it sorted G4L, now move your a$$!! you still have FC2 to do before FC3 hits the shelves...... :-D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳