save game problems after crossing N/S border

Started by Art Blade, April 18, 2009, 06:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

If you are in Bowa-Seko and want to go back to Leboa-Sako, or vice versa, you may encounter problems with your save game (PC here).

I realised that it seems to be important to stay clear of missions if you want to cross borders and plan to save your game on the other side.

When I was in the South (and had accepted a mission there), I for some reason wanted to visit the North. I crossed the border and drove on. When I saved my game, everything seemed ok... until I wanted to reload. My PC kept loading and loading... I tried it several times, on different occasions, same result. Then, later on I found the courage to try again, this time not assigned to any mission, and it worked just fine.

Apparently there is an embargo on mission imports :)

Hope it helps you.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

So you could say you had a bit of a Mish-hap. ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

lol yeah, quite a bit. I had saved a lot of times already before I actually needed to reload (road accident, been run over). Imagine my face when I realised all those save games were erm... hard not to swear then, isn't it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

On the PS3 fortunately there was no problem when I went back across.  The screen went dark, "loading" appeared and then I was back in North.
The game even gave me two red arrows to indicate where the border was and also the mission I was doing. (Two assassinations)
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

I had the same experience as retiredgord, and I'm also on PS3 - can resume the Bowa mission after returning from the north.

Art Blade

Just to avoid misunderstandings, I am able to go back and forth with any assigned mission, only can I not save on the "other side". Once you are in the South, you will always see that red mission indicator (and a red circle at the passing point of the border) even if no mission is due. But hey... PS3 does have an advantage for once then, hehe

PZ

To be honest, I am not sure if I saved while in Leboa, but as a general point of safety, I'll not go north again when on a mission just to prevent such a potential problem.

Tags:
🡱 🡳