Mass Effect 3

Started by Fiach, March 16, 2012, 09:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Anyone playing this?

I'm about 9 hours in and not really feeling it yet. Wondered if anyone else was getting the same vibe.

Here's a (imo) pretty accurate review of it, the guy is funny, the box licking is a reference to Jessica Chobot licking a PSP a few years back.

Mass Effect 3 Angry Review
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

entertaining show.. thanks for that :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quite a passionate chap  :-()

I don't personally have experience with the game.

Binnatics

That guy is amazing ....ly ADHD, lmao :-X :laugh:

Great post, glad there are people like this guy burning down bad releases and preventing us fellows not to feel 'Raged' again :-D

I won't buy the game, too bad you already stuck with it.  :-\\

You know what? I'm going to google if this guy did a review on 'a specific other game' too >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Well...what annoys me is I paid €115 between the CE version, plus the hardback Guide as I am a big ME fan.

Stupid s#!t like a quest log that doesnt tell you where to go, if you have completed the mission or where to turn it in, by a noted RPG developer like this is so fucking stupid, its actually funny.  :D

I havent got to the end, but I have an idea that it will piss me off so much that I wont play the game more than once, which is annoying as I would normally play a ME game 4/5 times, hence the guide purchase and the CE version.

I'm sure they will pull a Fallout 3 and make a proper ending as a DLC, the reason I say this is because the DLC character is the last surviving "Prothean", which is a race that the game is mostly about, so if the buggers will make you pay for a character like that, you can be sure they will screw you over for any DLC they can milk out of your pocket.

I heard they have $800 worth of DLC in the pipeline and they intend to milk the crap out of this game.

Binnatics

Quote from: Fiach on March 16, 2012, 04:00:37 PM
I heard they have $800 worth of DLC in the pipeline and they intend to milk the crap out of this game.

:o
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Well its the end of the trilogy, of their main cash cow. s#!t, I have at least 2 dlc's  from ME2 that I haven't even played yet and they have at least 10 more for this pos.

It's a great story with bad mechanics and (apparently) a VERY bad ending, just to reiterate... a great story, so I will finish it, but the bad mechanics and ending are killing it for me. I will not get 100+ bucks of entertainment out of this.

To put this in perspective, a relatively mediocre RPG (Amalur), I just bought it's guide and I will play it at least two more times than the most anticipated ending of one of the most revered RPG's of this generation, that kinda sucks after laying down 115 bucks for what should have been a slam dunk...they cant just say..."we had to rush it out as our finances were in disrepair"... the fucking journal doesnt even w@&k.

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

Fiach bitching, so you don't have to.

PZ

Thanks for posting, Fiach - now I can definitely check this off my list of games to get.

Life is too short to waste it playing ineffectual games.

KingRat

While the ending isn't to my liking, the rest of the game is. I've done NG+ with 2 classes and am working on a 3rd with my Engineer. Had 20+ different Shepards to import so I've got a ways to go yet. Unlike some lost souls I have no problem finding/completing quests...just need to use the map  :-X

Fiach

Quote from: KingRat on March 25, 2012, 01:38:15 PM
While the ending isn't to my liking, the rest of the game is. I've done NG+ with 2 classes and am working on a 3rd with my Engineer. Had 20+ different Shepards to import so I've got a ways to go yet. Unlike some lost souls I have no problem finding/completing quests...just need to use the map  :-X

Well, I stopped playing for awhile, I believe the devs are making some sort of statement at the end of the month with regard to the ending.

As regards finding stuff by using the map.

The quest log fills automatically with any crap you happen to over hear, which gives you no choice of whether to accept or ignore quests. They are vague in completion too. For example, I was told to go to some planet (I forget the name now), I spent ages travelling on the map into loads of different systems, which is very time consuming with loading screens and Relay animations, checking different planets, in the end, I gave up and checked a Guide, apparently the feckin planet isn't available until later on.

I'll complete it sometime, but I dont see myself doing it more than once.

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on March 25, 2012, 02:32:07 PM
Well, I stopped playing for awhile, I believe the devs are making some sort of statement at the end of the month with regard to the ending.

As regards finding stuff by using the map.

The quest log fills automatically with any crap you happen to over hear, which gives you no choice of whether to accept or ignore quests. They are vague in completion too. For example, I was told to go to some planet (I forget the name now), I spent ages travelling on the map into loads of different systems, which is very time consuming with loading screens and Relay animations, checking different planets, in the end, I gave up and checked a Guide, apparently the feckin planet isn't available until later on.

I'll complete it sometime, but I dont see myself doing it more than once.

Cue Rupert voice....Truth be told I blew quite a few side quests my first time through. Still wound up with 2850 EMS which gives all the endings except for crispy shep. My main screwup was not paying attention to the hint box that said Reaper alert goes away between missions, and I got to a point where I had quite a bit of scanning to do with Reapers chasing me from system to system with no missions to reset the alert. Some missions are on a timer ie Grissom academy and Tuchanka bomb.... 8-X

Fiach

I did Grissom, I didnt realise it was on a timer tbh.

BTW as you finished it KingRat, how important is battle readiness, is it possible to just do the main quest and that be sufficant, or do you have to listen to all the conversations where you have to choose sides etc.?

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on March 26, 2012, 02:54:49 AM
I did Grissom, I didnt realise it was on a timer tbh.

BTW as you finished it KingRat, how important is battle readiness, is it possible to just do the main quest and that be sufficant, or do you have to listen to all the conversations where you have to choose sides etc.?

**spoiler** If you don't get Grissom done by a certain time (which I don't know) Jack gets captured by Cerberus and turned into a Phantom....

I'm still confused by the MP part of the game, and since I don't play online my RR stays a 50%. TMS x RR=EMS and 2800 EMS seems to be the point where the 3rd ending kicks in. Ever since my first run I wind up with 35-3600 EMS and still see the same endings. Next two levels/endings are 4000, then 5000 which need the MP component....and from my POV this is where Bioware lied to us SP types. You can only get the Master & Commander achievement/trophy  with 4000 EMS  :D

That said, I keep playing because I'm having fun with the different classes. Seems like everyone plays soldier, and that's my least favorite....my list in order 1]Sentinel 2]Adept 3]Engineer 4]Vanguard 5]Infiltrator 6]Soldier....... :-X

Fiach

Yeah I went with Sentinal, I mostly use pistols when possible in shooters.

TBH I dont remember who Jack is, someone got killed (a student I think) at the end, maybe that was it.

The MP component affecting the ending was a major disappointment to me as I don't MP on 360, I think I'll just do the main quest and see if I can end it with just that, I cba with all the readiness crap.

Thanks for the advice :)

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on March 26, 2012, 10:56:51 AM
Yeah I went with Sentinal, I mostly use pistols when possible in shooters.

TBH I dont remember who Jack is, someone got killed (a student I think) at the end, maybe that was it.

The MP component affecting the ending was a major disappointment to me as I don't MP on 360, I think I'll just do the main quest and see if I can end it with just that, I cba with all the readiness crap.

Thanks for the advice :)

Subject Zero aka Jack is your crazy tattooed biotic from ME2....

Like handguns, then try out the Scorpion for some fun headshots  >:D

Oh, and another semi-timed quest is Barla Von's, you'll keep the war assets but miss out on Rep & XP if you delay in talking to him.

Fiach

I spoke to him and he may have given me a quest, dunno if I completed it or not, I checked on wiki, something about mercs and it doesnt ring a bell.

LOL, Jack aka Sinead O'Connor, I think I met her after saving the pupils, but I'm not sure, I dont remember anything happening to her tbh.

I think I'll wait til after 30th, see what they say about the ending and start over. :)

KingRat

Well, I'm now on my 8th play through. Finished NG+ with Sentinel, Adept & Engineer, and did one run with Infiltrator. Working with Vanguard this time. I'll probably finish up with Soldier then do NG+ with those 3. Crazy I know, but I think people really miss out by not trying the different classes. I limit the weapons I carry because I try to keep the power recharge as close to +200% as possible.

The 2 weapons I'm currently using are the M-358 Talon http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-358_Talon and M-25 Hornet http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-25_Hornet  ...the Talon does a good job replacing the shotguns.

Fiach

Glad to see you're having fun, Vanguard is supposed to be hard.

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on April 04, 2012, 01:52:11 PM
Glad to see you're having fun, Vanguard is supposed to be hard.

Vanguard can be tricky until you get the hang of it, then it's mayhem unleashed  :-D I usually play on normal/veteran so enemies aren't overloaded with protection.

I've tried to learn from this guy> Mass Effect 2 - Purgatory Ship [1/3] - Vanguard (Insanity)

ME2 with a level 5 Vanguard on insanity. Watch how he places team and uses their powers.

KingRat

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut/

Free DLC to "clarify" the ending. Better than nothing I guess, and it's free :-X

Fiach

Yes, I told them if they charged for it, I wouldn't buy it or any future games they made, nice to see that they listened  >:D

Glad I put off playing now :)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

Well, I'm still playing this one. Started my 11th game last night. Also been going solo on the MP maps to get a couple achievements not available to SP.  :D ME is the only one of the 3 that I've gotten 100% on. I'm 60/62 on ME2 and 50/52 on ME3, just don't see myself playing insanity anytime soon....although these solo runs have geared me up for it  ???

Fiach

Why would you play 11 times? I can understand good/bad and maybe once for each class. Just curious, I dont think I ever played a game that many times, maybe 6/7 at the most.

KingRat

11 times is nothing :) I got my insanity achievement in ME on the 30th play  ???? I had over 20 importable Shepards for this, but I plan on stopping this time after the 12th play. 6 classes taken to level 60=12 plays.

Guess I'm a bit anal about this, but I probably have well over 1000 hours in Fallout 3 & FNV too. For my original ME plays I used a male paragon for all 6 classes and a female renegade for all 6; double that to get level 60 and you have 24....25 actually since it took 3 times to reach 60 on my first play...add 5 more plays to gather all the achievements  :angel: 

Tags:
🡱 🡳