Mass Effect 2

Started by eor123, September 29, 2010, 10:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on April 10, 2011, 02:27:47 PM
I am not cruel! ???

Saying it, dont make it true :)

Have you played ME 1 and 2 Art?
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

ME1, yes, but not finished. For some reason the game didn't really convince me so I started to cheat (maxed out the good and bad rep at the same time allowing for multiple choices when it came to dialogues). I did like a few elements, some part of the story, but I didn't like the managing system of your crew and their outfits. Or stupid missions like driving around on planets in a rover looking for minerals or stuff like that. So, I was caught in between "yeah, cool game" and "aww man, this is really annoying to no end"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

They got rid of the vehicle and in ME2 you scan the planet from your ship, they actually made it more boring lol :)

Art Blade

hehe, that is a point, I understand.. :) I like RPG elements in action games, ME1 was cool and had sometimes funny conversation options (pull a pistol and shoot rather than talk) and the rooms and buildings and all that were cool but the controls were strange, the aiming was strange, managing a crew was very strange, gear the crew up was horrible, finding really good and fitting armour for the different species of your crew was a nightmare, developing skills and all that stuff was meh.. it looked cool but it played bad. Maybe that's why I never picked it up again once I quit in the middle of something.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on April 11, 2011, 06:06:40 PM
I like RPG elements in action games,  managing a crew was very strange, gear the crew up was horrible, finding really good and fitting armour for the different species of your crew was a nightmare, developing skills and all that stuff was meh.. it looked cool but it played bad.

LOL, you are not an RPG player Art, everything you listed there is what RPG players love :)

I know what you mean about "elements", eg. Borderlands has RPG elements, but gathering a party through quests, kitting them out, poring over equipment stats trying to find the best gear for each member is the meat and potatoes of a good RPG :)

Its weird, but I HATED them with a passion, until a friend strong armed me into trying Baldurs Gate, by the time I finished that gem, RPG's became my favourite genre of videogame. They just have so much more depth, than any other videogame style, that I can think of :)

Did you play Fallout at all? I think you would really enjoy it, as you only have to look after one character, one style of weapon and maybe only two (or three at the most) statistics.

Art Blade

I think you got it right or at least it depends on the game if I like an RPG. Yes, I played FO3 and even created mods for it (you can find some of my stuff here at OWG boards and downloads) which was fun and I loved the game. Same goes for STALKER series, great games. And The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion, was absolutely time-consuming, loved it (and created mods for it) :)

Fiach

Cool :)

Have you tried Alpha Protocol? Thats a nice mix of guns and RPG.

I only have FO3 on the 360 so mods are not usable for me :(

Art Blade

Sorry about those mods.. but Fiach, my Irish friend, let me reveal a secret to you ;)

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on April 12, 2011, 01:43:21 PM
Cool :)

Have you tried Alpha Protocol? Thats a nice mix of guns and RPG.

I only have FO3 on the 360 so mods are not usable for me :(

Played AP over the weekend. Another marathon session without sleep; started saturday and played straight through till I finished up sunday evening. Now I'm trying Just Cause 2 again.... 8-X

KingRat

Just read this review and understand why I liked AP despite the flaws> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/alpha-protocol-review

"Alpha Protocol's Michael Thornton isn't Bauer, Bourne or Bond - although the game is eager to invite all these comparisons. It's Shepard."

:-D

Fiach

Sorry mate I had forgotten those threads, yup a good game .....and probably the hottest female characters in a videogame ever :)

King Rat, when I played the game first, I played with pistol secret agent style and any time I had dialogue options I tried to say something like Bond would say in that situation, it was a great role-playing experience. :)

Art Blade

KingRat, in case you want to read some more and perhaps wish to post, we have an entire board dedicated to AP :)

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on April 13, 2011, 11:12:47 AM
KingRat, in case you want to read some more and perhaps wish to post, we have an entire board dedicated to AP :)

Thanks Art,

I did see that as I usually check to see which games are being talked about. I moved from AP to Fallout 3, but made some mistakes and it was 'game over' and I was only at lvl 12. I'm reading the Prima game guide right now to see where I went wrong and what I need to do different/better  :D

Think I'll start a new play rather than trying an older save.... :)

Any tips for the DLC? I se there are 5 available, but I'd like the one with the best goodies  ;D

Art Blade

In case you're talking about AP then I am completely unaware of any DLC. Sorry, old chap :) As for the other games (ME and FO) I haven't played ME and for FO we have a board which might help you find answers or just post your request there :) Again, I have not downloaded any DLC for that game.

Tags:
🡱 🡳