Pirates respawn points in the northern island

Started by JRD, January 08, 2013, 02:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Another area that respawns red shirts is the set of buildings (on both sides of the river) you have to fight you way through after emerging from the face of the waterfall because of Vaas' cinder block swimming lesson.

Starting from Broken Neck Home outpost on the Southern most end of the Northern island follow the main road North to the Bear marker on the map (2nd right I think).  I like to park my ride there just off that main road and hike in on foot but instead of following the road that passes near the waterfall and the crock pool there's a river crossing South of the road a short ways (but before the first bend) and a path that leads up a hill side and at the top it ruts you roughly above and behind the buildings on that side of the river.

Also if you use one of the jet skis that are usually on the coast there near the Broken Neck Home outpost and travel up the river it's easy to find yourself in the thick of a firefight there if you're not careful.

There are several different configurations that will occur for the placement locations and numbers of the red shirts.  Sometimes there will be a patrolling pair that will pass through on foot from the direction of the waterfall turning back at the bridge and heading back the way they came or in a .50 cal truck that crosses the bridge, turns and then comes back in a circuit.  I've even seen the red shirts taunting a tiger in a cage here.

For me a real positive point to this respawn location is that it has a zip line (West side of the river between the Eastern most buildings before crossing the bridge) and will often place one of the pirates close enough to it that with a little distraction from a thrown rock will draw them into perfect position directly under the line facing away from you and allow you to meet the elusive "Never Saw it Coming" achievement.  After a lot of searching this is the only location I've been able to find that has the necessary requirements of a zip line and human enemies after clearing all of the outposts.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Thanks mandru. I've updated the first post with your remarks and directions!  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

Cool thanks JRD.  :) :-X

But I've got a bit of a typo in my text that I just noticed.  :-[

Quote from: mandru  on February 02, 2013, 07:21:13 AM
... a path that leads up a hill side and at the top it ruts you roughly above and behind the buildings...

It's supposed to be "puts" - sorry.  :(
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

fragger

I've noticed an interesting thing on that island with Vaas' compound on it.

The first time I went there some time after I'd done the Payback mission (to kill Vaas) I found the compound full of villagers doing the usual villager things - wandering around, skinning an animal, etc.

This time around when I went there it was full of Rakyat guys. I had dropped in to grab some dough as it's lying around all over the place in there, but unfortunately there was one of those trios of Rakyat ratbags letting their AK-47s off into the air (apparently this passes for entertainment since the pirates caused Karaoke Night to be cancelled). I went about my business of collecting wads of cash from around the place but before long the constant racket of those three yobbos' gunplay became supremely annoying, so I decided to pipe them down by serving them up a dish of cooked grenade. That did the trick and permanently mellowed them out, and after dealing with several others of their brethren who came at me in retaliation I was able to enjoy some peace and quiet.

However, there were still two Rakyats who were either deaf or dumb or both, who apparently hadn't heard or witnessed any of the foregoing affray and greeted me with a friendly "Hallo brother" and "Cabbot" or whatever the heck it is that they sometimes say as they strolled past. I let them be and got on with my money-grubbing.

But later, as I was leaving the compound, I heard one of those Rakyats behind me yell out "You fight without honour!", immediately followed by the sound of gunfire. Going back in, I found that three pirates had spawned inside the compound, in front of that building where Vaas holes up, and a lively little firefight was in progress.

So apparently it's a lottery as to who pops up in that place - good guys, bad guys or indifferent guys.

Art Blade

:-D nice story. And I am relieved seeing that you too don't know what the flipping heck they keep slipping in, sometimes I think I hear "tulip" and you hear "cabbot" -- I really have no idea what they mean.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

After I did the Medusa mission I was going back there to loot all the chests I have forgotten or had to leave the first time I was there. So looted all happily because Rakyat where there and the sun was setting. Suddenly I heard gunfire an a pack of red shirts appeared and wanted to retake the ships. A bit surprised at first I helped defend the place and of course the red shirts turned into dead shirts. So apparently there are counter-attacks in the game.

edit:
How can I upload my own avatar? I can only choose between the ones in the gallery.

Tags:
🡱 🡳