Useful Outposts

Started by Binnatics, December 15, 2012, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

Correction, just killed someone 170m away with my Z93. Still, a rifle like that is supposed to hit targets 10x further afar.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I can get some guys with my bow and arrow that I can't get with a scoped assault rifle or SMG, and it seems like the bow has a longer effective range than the sniper rifles ????

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on December 29, 2012, 11:23:21 AM
Something else that blocks your 'view' when sniping from far away is the damn limit they set to sniper bullets. I believe they won't travel farther than 300 meters or something.  :D

That's why I like the mods - I have a much longer sniper range; quite often far enough so that I have not even entered the area trigger yet.  It's kind of funny; I take a "Wanted" mission, and kill all of the bad support guys before I even enter to knife the main target(s)

Art Blade

which mod is it and which weapon do you use? I tried to mod my sniper range to no avail. I'd like to check the files in the mod you're using.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

The Schwarz mod is the one I'm currently using.  I can hit targets so small I can barely see them.

Art Blade

OK, thank you :) I'll try to find out what is the reason why you can do that with that mod and then make my own mod w@&k like that, too (hopefully) :)

Art Blade

the new patch 1.05 allows players who finished the game to reset all outposts. The radio towers are not affected by that which means you keep everything including a full map view. I just reset my outposts :)

Art Blade

just liberated 4 outposts, difficulty "master" (the new hardest difficulty) -- fun.  :-()

PZ

That's good news; typically the developers release patches that do not discernibly do anything.  It is rare that they release a new feature that is actually useful.

Tags:
🡱 🡳