Ceasefire gets you Prison time and an Asassination

Started by retiredgord, August 19, 2009, 06:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Well the past little while has been filled with so many loops and turns I almost forgot where I was or am.
  You see, I get this mission from the APR to get some diamonds from the Brewery and the UFFL as they want to arrange a ceasefire. Yah sure and I'll sell you some nice land out in the desert to grow stuff. But it is a hope to end this conflict
   As I leave Andre calls and tells me to grab the diamonds after killing everyone and make a run for the Airfield where we can get out by plane. However, the diamonds is our passage so I better show up with them.. That sounds relatively easy so I agree.
    I go down to the boat north of town and motor out towards the Brewery. It's a much more pleasant journey without all the shooting. I dock the boat and walk up to the house very curious as to why there are no guards present. Well they are present but very dead. I go to the office and find everyone dead. As I am about to pick up the diamonds and scoot I hear that voice I have come to really hate-Jackals. He has killed everyone, is going to take the diamonds for his own purpose and knocks me out.
   I awaken in Prison to the sounds of other voices. Andre's is one and he is pissed off with my absence from the Airfield.  Noticing what looks to be a weakness in an adjoining wall I walk over and pound and kick at it until it gives way. After that its  a drawn out gathering of weapons, killing guards and recon until I finally find and free Andre. He's pissed because I didn't show up with the passage goods and he got caught also. I don't think he likes me anymore. I am 77% sure at this time with 895 diamonds found and 308 in the account I'm not that worried.
    We separate to go on our own way with me stopping briefly on the road out to grab a diamond.  At least I got something outta this trip. When the phone rings I answer with dread as I'm not sure what is happening now.
       Voorhees is calling asking that I go to see him at Sefapane. I borrow the truck at the out post where the diamond was located and do a quick drive back to the Marina bus stop to grab an easy ride to Sefapane. I grab the buggy and take the back path into town to see what will be the deal. Let's Make a Deal is for me to go down to Dogon Sediko and kill Tambossa. Apparently he's holed up there feeling safe and secure. If I do this Voorhees will be the new leader and things will get smoother. Yeah, like as smooth as driving the side of a volcano. Ok, I'll give 'er a whirl.
    I walk up the river to the safe house located south of Dogon for a rest and to get everything in  order. I get that nice upgraded grenade truck for my ride and start towards Sediko. Some nice presents delivered to the guard post at the bridge opens the road for a drive to the west entrance. A short disagreement of territorial rights with a patrol or two is settled and I drive to just the top of the hill overlooking the village. Some subtle hints are needed here so I proceed to bombard, pound, devastate and blow up every damn thing that sits still or moves. Silence is golden and I get out and move around the right side to avoid being a good target. Some surviving and obviously disturbed mercs move towards me and are dropped. I have Peter, Duke and McMac and I'm sure they are more than able to help finish this task. I run to the east of some high ground  and run down and up some steps to the top of the building. From there it's snipe a few, machine gun a few, grenade a few.  The opposition is persistent and blowing up flammables and stuff is needed to cut their numbers down. I hop down to the ground and move about disposing of the merc trash until the village is clean.  I return to the house where my hommie is holed up and enter. I find the ladder up and climb the steps.
    He is a very talkative dude when confronted by well-armed man and yaks on about all the things he and me could accomplish. He asks me to think on the problem and I do, for about 30 seconds, probably enough time for him to thinks he has me hooked.  He goes for his gun  and I give him my  McMac middle finger under his head. Mission done.
I almost enjoyed that one. He looks really nice as a floor covering
P.S. I am 84% certain that this will turn out favorably for me. But alas, the buddy count shows 5 dead, 4 abandoned and only Nummy Nasreen and Andre still around and about.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Kind of a walk in the park, eh, Gord? :)

I hated to go to jail because I had to walk back to Sediko to grab my car which was still waiting for me... One more reason to finish off all of those treacherous bastards of my so-called buddies sooner or later :-*
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Yes this time. It was almost like a working vacation. Some action but not alot. Maybe it's because I get a good layout of the area when searching for diamonds off missions.

PZ

The interesting thing is that the number of attackers in some of these scenarios appears to vary from game to game.  For instance, in the barge mission, I sometimes barely make it through while at other times it is a walk in the park.

Of course, you're now the experienced freelancer that everyone is afraid of Gord, so everything is a bit easier  ;)

retiredgord

What I seem to notice, and I may be wrong, but there seems to be about 10-12 mercs as guards on most missions. I try to keep count but it's difficult when I'm ducking those virtual rounds.

RedRaven

know exactly what you mean, what with keeping count of rounds you have left to hurl at them, and grenades, meds etc. keep intending to do a sweep after the dust settles to get a body count but always forget as usually  dashing on to next stage or in desperate need of a re-supply
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I counted like 15-20 in places where they don't respawn (Sefapane, Weelegol, Dogon Village, etc)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

Seemed to be a few times the GP's respawned with fewer Merc's......or maybe it wasn't a respawn, just Merc's from another GP/Patrol coming to check out the carnage  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳