Escaping the prison - did you stop & rescue your buddy?

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 26, 2009, 06:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

So, I've escaped the prison, and Frank was none too pleased with me that I didn't deliver the diamonds and get us all out of there, but it wasn't my fault, the Jackal messed things up.

Anyway, I'm wondering who else stopped to bother getting him out as well. I suppose it's a different buddy depending on what character you're playing, but you get the idea. Since it's pretty much easy to just run out the prison gate and not look back, how many people have bothered to fight the guards and get your buddy out as well? I did, just because I thought there might be soemthing else going on in the prison and I wanted to look around. Found Frank in a torture cell and he seemed a little grateful I guess.

Does it make any difference in the rest of the game if you free your buddy? It would be nice if it did, make another option for the player.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

I felt compelled to save Nasreen. After talking throught the walls and hearing her dragged away, I was a little creeped out so I searched for her.  I don't think it really matters, the end game comes quickly after the escape.  But I felt better about myself for freeing her.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

I saved Andre on my first through... couldn't stand the thought to leave him to his fate. I'm on my second through and this time it will be Frank.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

It didn't occured me that I could help my Budy when I firt played the prision. I thought Andre was gone for good...
On my 2nd go and will free my Buddy... whoever lives to go to prision with me ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

It was evident at first either to me actually JRD,  I looked around the cell block I was in which was of course empty.  I nearly snuck out the side door, but my conscience got the best of me and I started searching.

PZ

I mostly rescue them - feel kind of bad for how I usually treat the northern buddies.

spaceboy

Quote from: spaceboy on April 26, 2009, 07:49:32 AM
It was evident at first either to me actually JRD

huh?  I was trying to say "It wasn't evident to me at first either, JRD."  WOW

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I had to read it twice to understand you, spaceboy - the "either" gave it away.
But things like that happen when you grow old ;) <dodges thrown objects>
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Cripes! I didn't even know a buddy was rescuable. :D I mean, I know he/she gets dragged out of the next cell, but for some stupid reason, it never occured to me that they were in another part of the prison, other than the cell block i escaped from.

Sheesh, i'll be sure to rescue this playthru, which i just started yesterday.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Dweller_Benthos

So, it looks like no difference later on in the game whether you rescue them or not? You'd think they'd show a little gratitude.

I didn't know they'd be there either, I was just looking around for more/better guns and ammo, and I saw him down in the round cell and figured there had to be a way down there. It looks like a maze, but there's only one passage to follow.

OK, I guess I'll find out later, but to move on to act three, you have to go through the prison again, and I guess you meet the Jackal there, so, if you don't rescue your buddy the first time, are they still down there the second time you go through, or for that matter, any time between when you escape the prison and have to go back there? I guess the question is, can you escape the prison, leave your buddy, then go do a few missions, then go back and rescue them?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Excellent question D_B, I've never tried, but I believe I have a few saved games at approximately that percentage - may give it a whirl.

TheFishlord

The first time, I didn't think you COULD rescue them - I looked, but the moaning stopped and so I thought he had died. But the second time through, hearing Hakim moaning in pain like that really pissed me off (he has kids and everything, remember?). So I vowed revenge. That would be 1. Single machete strike on every last one of them in the prison. 2. Execute one by one with their own desert eagles

spaceboy

Now that's a very respectable level of immersion TheFishlord. Taking the characters personal history/information into consideration.  I love it.

Art Blade

...and mercy-kill them purposefully with their own weapons  :-* lol

Roaven

Didn't know I could. I feel terrible leaving Frank to his fate now. I even searched around, but I didn't find him.

PZ

When you're walking around in the main prison yard, you can look down through a metal grate on the ground - your buddy will be crouched down in pain on the floor beneath.  Going down the stairs on the north side of the prison will lead you eventually to him/her.  Just follow the bloody smears on the floor of the passageway.

Tags:
🡱 🡳