Started by retiredgord, March 23, 2009, 05:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I'm currently using a sick combo:

Carl-G
MGL-140
either M-79 or 6P9.

:-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

We're going to have to call you the 'nade man  :-()

Art Blade

Hehe, that's how I started out here.. remember after the Bruce Willis avatar I used to use a hand grenade as my avatar?  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, I remember - that's one reason why we have the 'nade post count level indicator  :-X

fragger

Looks like we all have a soft spot for the old hurl-n-bang :-()

The MGL-140 is a hoot! Pity it only holds four rounds - the real ones hold six. And it takes ages to reload. But it is great fun for rapidly dealt mayhem :-X A character in the movie Inception uses one at one point to take out a bad guy on a rooftop, after one of his fellow dream-trippers fails to nail said bad guy with a conventional assault rifle. The MGL-140 user tells his mate, "You have to dream a little bigger" :-()

deadman1

Since you guys resurrected FC2, I just had to start a new game. My current load is Star 45, G3 and RPG 7. I´m in the middle of doing the armsdealer missions so I´ll get some new toys very soon.  >:D

PZ

kill 'em, deadman.... kill 'em all....

Art Blade

Hehe, I'm going to fire up my savegame right away :) I'm already using my XP partition because of good old FC2, hehe :) Maybe I'll do a proper new playthrough myself..

PZ

Go for it, my friend - I'm getting more and more into playing as I enjoy running about Africa.

I just started using the trainer to do the fast run/high jump method of travel, which allows me to quickly explore lots of the off-the-beaten-path places.  Then once I arrive, turn off the cheats to play normally - this method is kind of fun, and has already caused me to find diamonds that I'd never collected before.

Art Blade

It is so strange, the feeling, due to FC2 I'm sitting in front of my old XP system again (dual boot). Usually I'm on Win7, and XP looks kind of Pinocchio by way of comparison.

I have still got all my shortcuts to the genuine cheats, prepared command lines in various shortcuts, so I can use those. I don't like trainers <shudder>  :) And I managed to collect all diamonds (only did it once, though) the hard way  :-()

PZ

lol, I don't typicaly do it the hard way in a game - I'm just lazy that way  :-()

deadman1

Ok so armsdealer missions done, I am now into the celltower missions. I have bought a 6p9, I picked up a PKM from the safehouse downriver from Mike´s and I just relieved the sniper at the CP to north of that safehouse of his Springfield. I do like it when I can get my toys for free  >:D. Next stop Shawasana.  :-()

Art Blade

Hehe, Shwasana.. oh boy. During my very first playthrough I saw that town on my map and thought it would be a town like Pala (I thought all locations there worked like Pala) so I used a boat and was looking forward to checking out shops and so on when I got hit by a sniper. And all other mercs there. However, it was my first sniper rifle I got (for free, too)  :)

PZ

I kind of like Schwasana, although it is not one of my favorite places.  My first time through I found a sniper position on the west side, which I used to great advantage to take out most of the mercs - they could not get to me, so it was just a matter of time.  My most common method is to come in by boat, and beach it by the bridge, then go in on foot wit the first task to take out the sniper on the second floor of the big building.  Then, while still mostly stealthy (the mercs know someone is there, but not where), I make my way to the southern-most buildings, so I can make my way up the boardwalk toward the main building.  A combination of weapons is the usual ticket for me.

fragger

I took my first real drubbing at Shwasana, and had my first buddy rescue there. Went in all wrong, didn't scout first so the sniper was a rude surprise, and totally underestimated the number of mercs in the village. I bought it on the boardwalk... I didn't know about buddy rescues either at that very early stage, so when everything went black and I was all set to reload, suddenly my vision cleared and there was Paul helping me back up. Watching myself pull a bullet out of my leg with a pair of pliers soon after and being able to get back in and exact my revenge was one of the coolest gaming gimmicks I'd ever come across :-X

fragger

Funny too, about different gaming styles re: the diamond cases. I've always gone for all the diamonds every playthrough. Plus I like to unlock every safehouse, scout every GP and do every side mission. I guess I just like to squeeze as much out of a game as I can :-()

PZ

Although I doubt that I'll go for every diamond (too early to tell though), I must say that my current technique of strolling through the countryside encourages me to pick up more of the jewels than I ever did.  The benefit of seeing so much of the FC2 world that I've never seen before is strong motivation.

Art Blade

that is an excellent point, PZ. Going (not driving, teleporting, super-jumping and so on, hehe) after all those gems will add to your game experience. :)

Fragger, I can't stand it either to leave GPs or safehouses unlocked, so I always do that wherever I'm going and for whatever reasons I'm passing by one of those. :) Diamonds.. nah.. only one time, probably my last playthrough, because JRD convinced me to do it at least once.

PZ

I recall (at least) JRD and retiredgord to be strong advocates of collecting all of the diamonds.

Binnatics

My favorite load out:

Primary:        Silent MP5.
Secondary:    M-79 G-Launcher.
Special:         Dart Rifle.

My first load out was:

Primary:        AK47.
Secondary:    M-79 G-Launcher.
Special:         Dart Rifle.

I do have desires, but they all fit on the primary slot:
USAS 12; Great power and good handling. Love the weapon but it won't last long. That's a minus.
MGL 140; Super to combine with the Dart Rifle. From a distance you can take care of anything.
Dragunov; Best sniper available imho. Doesn't matter that it doesn't kill all instantly, it decapacitates all. And it's stable. With the 10 round clip it's simply the best.

The problem with these weapons is that they all occupy the primary slot. I like to have some machine-gun power and somehow the Mac-10/Uzi doesn't give me satisfaction. The MGL and SAW are too massive imo. They don't feel right. I've been carrying the SAW for quite a while, but it makes the gameplay feel unreal to me. Can't explain exactly why, but that's what it is.
Possible solutions are getting comfortable with the Eagle .50 but I'll need a steady hand for that. Only 8 rounds in a massive firefight (inevitable sometimes) is not much.
I have the desire of getting used to both the flamethrower and the Mortar. I've no experience with the flamethrower, but that one can come in handy as a machine-gun replacement.
The Mortar is still a mystery to me. Can't control it, and whenever I somehow seem to cause a real explosion, it doesn't really destroy a lot ????
Anyway, the weapon intrigues me. It's a real 'guerrilla weapon' so to speak.

I'm training to get used to shotguns now. In my third play through I want to skip the machine-guns entirely and I started with the Homeland.

Oh, speaking of diamonds: During my second play through, I found them all. Wanted to do the game 100% and I found out that when you get them all, you can buy everything at the arms dealer and there's no diamond left  ^-^
My next play through I won't bother and just grab what's close. I'll need some cash to buy the equipment I want, but I don't' have to have all. Btw, having a save game with all guns available is easy for practicing purposes :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

sourav190994

8) 8) 8)after 2 yrs...opening the old topic... well I had like to share a small experience I gathered from an experiment about the m1903 sniper.... here it goes........... near the south of pala from where the road to next district goes... over there u all find a safe house by some rusted train... there u can unlock it by taking down the scouts. well this time I did this usin the m1903 fro a distance of abou i guess 450 yards or may be more from near a tin shelter housing 2 or 3 diamonds.. hope you know the place.
The surprising result...
1.the scouts are dead.. 1shot 1 kill
2.***that far they cant probably cant hear your shots because if others scouts werent alerted when u kill one if they werent looking or talking to the one u shot.
*****try this only under broad sunlight because at night u wont see that far
*****CONCLUSION- if found the idealspot.. the old sniper can do a lot without being a pain in a$$ and burning holes  in pocket.... kill like as50 without alerting the militia....

sourav190994

Quote from: sourav190994 on April 17, 2012, 07:22:04 AM
8) 8) 8)after 2 yrs...opening the old topic... well I had like to share a small experience I gathered from an experiment about the m1903 sniper.... here it goes........... near the south of pala from where the road to next district goes... over there u all find a safe house by some rusted train... there u can unlock it by taking down the scouts. well this time I did this usin the m1903 from a distance of abou i guess 450 yards or may be more from near a tin shelter housing 2 or 3 diamonds.. hope you know the place.
The surprising result...
1.the scouts are dead.. 1shot 1 kill
2.***that far they cant probably cant hear your shots because  others scouts werent alerted when u kill one if they werent looking or talking to the one u shot.
*****try this only under broad sunlight because at night u wont see that far
*****CONCLUSION- if found the idealspot.. the old sniper can do a lot without being a pain in a$$ and burning holes  in pocket.... kill like as50 without alerting the militia....

mandru

Good to see you around sourav190994.  :)  :-X   The M1903 is an old favorite of mine.  8)

During the first 10 or 15 times I went through the game I settled into the M1903 as my main carry not even bothering with the Dragonov because it only had a 1 shot kill if it was a head shot but then I eventually figured out that a wounded merc was sometimes an opportunity to set up a chain of bagging rescuers as they came to retrieve their fallen companions.  >:D

Yeah the noise from that AS50 does catch the attention and drag the mercs in from a long ways off sometimes but as long as I can see them coming it's all good.  ;)   The accuracy, range and kill power of the M1903 is right up there next to the AS50 and only suffers in the speed of reload but that can make some of the up close and personal run and gun events pretty interesting too.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

Welcome sourav, I experience the same thing with the M16, but yes only in broad daylight, although the M16's scope is not that good, the green dot helps a lot, a few times I was so far that the dot completely covered the mercs head, just a touch on the trigger and the merc is down with his mates none the wiser

Art Blade

never mind posting in old topics, sourav :) Good to see you're enjoying the game :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳