Additional vehicles/weapons

Started by fragger, August 13, 2009, 02:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I've read about players using Unimogs, ATVs and crossbows, just wondering if these are console-version content or PC DLC? If DLC, where can I find it?

If the answer to these questions have already been posted elsewhere, just smack me upside the head and tell me where to look. I started looking through posts but got volume-daunted...  :)

fragger

Got off my lazy behind and looked a bit more, found out they are DLC. But would still please like to know if it's available for PC? Doesn't appear to be, from what I can tell.
Cheers!

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

fragger

fragger

Much appreciate your help DKM2, but tried to DL Fortune pack from the link provided and got message saying I couldn't have it because it was "Country restricted". No Unimog for this little black merc! I may have to search locally for it.

Now I know how JRD feels...  :(

DKM2

really?  where are you?

edit:
oh I see this in the fine print on the page;
"This product is only available for purchase in the United States, Canada and Mexico."
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

DKM2

Other oddities from their store;

FC2 costs 19.95
DLC costs 4.95
Special bundle: FC2+DLC 34.95

those marketing guys!!    :D  "special bundle"

fragger

Quote from: DKM2 on August 13, 2009, 05:24:10 AM
FC2 costs 19.95
DLC costs 4.95
Special bundle: FC2+DLC 34.95

those marketing guys!!    :D  "special bundle"

;D Ah... yeah... I think the marketers are the "special" ones!
I'm in Australia by the way. I didn't notice that fine print on the page. Which makes me think - maybe I should take a closer look at my marriage certificate...

PZ

Quote from: fragger on August 13, 2009, 07:39:59 AM
... maybe I should take a closer look at my marriage certificate...
ROFL!  good one fragger  :-X

Here's another oddity - the extra weapons/vehicles package is called the DLC for consoles ($9.99) and called the Fortunes pack for the PC (4.95) and both are identical

DKM2

Art Blade

haven't checked above links (tired now) but looked up this link for you (I was in the same situation once)

PC: DLC, as a gift/resale possible?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

I tried the one from steam, but you had to have bought the game there......wound up getting it from PCGamer  :)

fragger

Quote from: DKM2 on August 13, 2009, 12:01:47 PM
Australia store, bundle only thou ($59 ouch)

The price doesn't surprise me, DKM, everything's expensive here!

:-X Thanks heaps for all the help, guys! Will let you know how it goes. Will be a great help should any of my countrymen join the site (Come on, you Aussies, don't let me be the only uncouth antipodean here).

fragger

Bugger it, I give up. I'm very, very grateful for the help from you all – big nod to DKM2  - but it's just not a happening thing. I've tried all the suggested avenues, but can't seem to get a fair shake for one reason or another. Plus, I don't really want to register with site after site and cavalierly hand out my personal details for the sake of an add-on, only to subsequently find that I can't have it.

I'll ask around the local games shops, they may be able to clue me in. Anyway, I think I'm with Art Blade in that I'd rather buy from an old-fashioned store.

Heh - "Old-fashioned store" gives me a mental image of a couple of old geezers playing checkers over the pickle barrel while Sam Drucker fusses behind the counter while he waits for the Hooterville Express to delivery his supply of chewin' tobaccer...

Many thanks all the same, guys, I really do appreciate the help. You've been terrific!
:) :)

PZ

I'm with you - I'd much rather purchase from a local store whenever possible.

Another "old fashioned" checker experience I recall fondly from old television is a Twilight Zone episode called "Hocus Pocus and Frisbee" about a old coot that tells the most outlandish stories.

KingRat

FWIW, here is where I got it> http://www.trygames.com/game/aff=trygames/vid=58b60d96dd0223259b070215a8e4a22f

Don't know if it will w@&k down under, but you might want to check it out? My AV flagged the downloader, but it was a false positive...

fragger

:) Thanks KingRat, will check it out.

Btw, I really dig your avatar!

fragger

:) Thanks for the help, KingRat, but no joy there either.

Good news though is that I finally got it on DVD from e-bay Australia. Bit pricier, but seemed to be the only way I could get it. At least I'll actually own a physical product, for me that makes it somewhat worth the extra dough.

Thanks again for helping, all! :-X

KingRat

Glad you found it :-X Now enjoy the new toys  :)
Oh, and do you have the bonus missions yet?

fragger

Are those the predecessor missions?

KingRat

PZ

You guys probably already have these, but for those that do not, D_B put together a registry file that gives you the special machetes (primitive and home made) plus the predecessor missions.  The machetes operate just like the "stock" version, but they look cool.

Here is the link to his post

fragger

nexor

Hi everyone, i'm a newby member allthough i have played the game twice. I had to re-install the game and at the same time installed  patch 1.03 and the fortunes pack on FC2 pc version, I'm busy with the tutorial missions but do not see the aditional weapons/vehicles listed in upgrades, am I missing something?   :-[

fragger

Hey, welcome to OWG, nexor63! :)

You won't see the 3 new weapons in the upgrade section as there are none for them, they just come as is. You'll find the new weapons (if you haven't already) in a new crate in any weapon shop armoury, in the middle of the floor. These don't appear on the weapon shop computers, nor in the weapon stats. There's one new weapon per weapon class: Silenced Shotgun for Primary, Antique Sawn-Off Shotgun for Secondary, and Crossbow for Special. They can be placed in Weapon Crates as per the standard weapons, though.

You'll also find the new vehicles (ATV and Unimog) at various locations on the map, some are at Guard Posts, others at various other places. You'll come across them in your travels sooner or later.

Enjoy the forums, and have fun with the new stuff! ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳