Additional vehicles/weapons

Started by fragger, August 13, 2009, 02:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Ditto that - welcome to the forums nexor63!

Looking forward to your impressions of the weapons and vehicles.  There appears to be a wide variety of favorites, for instance, this is what I like to do with the DLC:

• I use the silent shotgun and crossbow when I start a new game, then ditch the crossbow when I can purchase the dart rifle. 
  • I'll keep the silent shotgun for a while, but might change it out when I come across a golden AK, or if I want the MP5
  • Hardly ever use the double barrel shotgun (fire rate is too slow for me) but I sure like the destruction and the sound it makes.
  • I like using the ATV if I'm doing lots of cross-country travel (not using roads), but it is dangerous - more than once I've been run down when I hop off to fight the mercs
  • The Unimog is my all-time favorite - love the diesel sound, and the mounted .50 is dynamite to have available, especially in Leboa (the northern map).  You can have lots of fun with this monster, and it rarely gets stuck on thos litthe rocks that seem to hang up the ATs.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: PZ on November 03, 2009, 11:30:22 AM
The Unimog is my all-time favorite

Me too! I also like the nice high vantage point when manning the .50 cal.

nexor

Found them, thanks, love the off-roader, it can fly too.........., just went over a cliff and landed on all fours.. ;D  ;D Thanks for the help all you guys, this forum is the greatest

nexor

For short and medium range I prefer the PKM with the large magazine. One cannot beat the long range capability of the Dragunov SVD, an excelent weapon, being a game hunter myself I would love to have it in the bush. And then to liven things up a bit, I carry the M-79, would have liked to carry more rounds for this baby.

The four wheeler is hell on wheels, had two mercs write themselves off while chasing me, the jeep was slightly to my right behind me when I ducked between two big rocks with just enough space for the four wheeler between them, the driver spotted the mistake too late..................... 8).

The Unimog is good, the problem with standing so high and with the mercs being such excelent marksmen(Game Glitch)I got shot to pieces a couple of times. I prefer the jeep with the granade launcher, teach them some respect, pity it's not available in Leboa-Sako regions, these mercs are way to big for their breeches.

PZ

Quote from: nexor63 on November 04, 2009, 06:51:18 AM
... I prefer the jeep with the granade launcher, teach them some respect, pity it's not available in Leboa-Sako regions, these mercs are way to big for their breeches.

Although it is not available in Leboa, it is fun to steal one from the patrol route near the northeast armory, or from it's parked location at the airport (both in Bowa) and drive it back north.  Great fun to rain destruction onto Pala for as long as you like (spent 20 minutes or so one time), and then move on.  It is also fun to cruise the northern areas confident in the knowledge that there are no RPG guys to take you out  ;D

We're glad that you find the forum useful  :-X

spaceboy

Hey nexor63,  welcome to the forums.  I loved the DLC in this game.  Here are a couple videos I recorded of the weapons and of the ATV.

[smg id=8 type=av]

[smg id=9 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

fragger

Cool vids, space! :-X Geez, you really gave that poor ATV a thrashing in the second clip ;D

I always loved that merc line, "Christ! I've been shot!" My response is to pump another round or two into them and say, "Guess what? You've been shot again - and this time I really meant it!" ;D

Art Blade

HAHAHAHA   ;D I've completely ignored how funny that line really is, "Christ! I've been shot!"  :-X

Hehe, sometimes it's been followed by "I don't think I can move!" -- to which I'd like to reply "Please don't. I don't want to miss."  ;D

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on November 05, 2009, 02:18:55 PM
Hehe, sometimes it's been followed by "I don't think I can move!" -- to which I'd like to reply "Please don't. I don't want to miss."  ;D

;D :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mandru

I was just running Marty's side mission where you go out to the Villa to blow up the ammo and truck that he had delivered out there for Commander Alessi who then had stiffed Marty on his pay.

Since the target is right there down on the waterfront ("Cayside" Marty calls it) I always slip up the river in a swamp boat, make landfall well before that last bend and sneak in and rain down havoc using the river to keep the posted mercs from being able to rush me.

I can't even guess how many times I've run this simple but enjoyable mission but out of no where I caught a new line out of one of the mercs that I'd never heard before.

I was well concealed and having myself a turkey shoot each time a head would pop up. Then I clearly heard this shrill voice appeal to me from across the river, "Hey, HEY! We can make a deal!"

Unfortunately the merc screaming this out was saying one thing with his mouth but his body language was telling a different story as he crept forward to try to espy my vantage point. So I punched his boarding pass and gave him the boat ride with Charon and hopefully the merc had something on him to tip the ferryman when they got to  the landing dock.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

retiredgord

mandru that's the absolute only answer to give. It was also a great way of giving it.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, never heard any of them say that. Too bad you can't make a deal, though, another opportunity lost, I think, imagine being able to bribe certain mercs to do various things for you? Maybe turn the other way when you're trying to sneak into someplace, or even have an "ammunition accident" and eliminate some of the mercs who aren't so conducive to bribery? One can only dream....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

interesting thoughts... and the line is rare, indeed.

I remember something like that happened when I had a high reputation level, some merc said something to the effect "you don't have to do this, just let me go"  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳