You can't kill all your Leboa buddies

Started by PZ, July 27, 2009, 04:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

**SPOILERS**

Well, sad to say that my experience was the same as Art's - tried killing all of my best buddies and was successful on all but the last one - Michele.  The coward wouldn't leave Mike's bar so I killed her in the "choice between the bar or Church" scene.  Shot her dead with the MP3 and then even a grenade for good measure - she still shows up in my stats page as being "abandoned".  Abandoned like heck - she was dead as dead could be.  ;D

JRD

That African black magic thing does w@&k after all heh?  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

no, she's just like any other woman. They always trick us  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I met all buddies in Leboa and killed all but one. Just once more, it is Michele. I wanted to know, killed my rescue buddy, went to take on a main mission and shot my best buddy myself. Now I got into a situation, after blowing up the train in Leboa, that I have neither a best buddy nor a rescue buddy. The next mission, "destroy the compressor in the junkyard garage" (btw, junkyard? scrap salvage!) has no buddy mission for me because there is no buddy (or, there is nobody, hehe). Only Michele. That stupid sod is twiddling her big toes while sitting on her fat bum in a hideout instead of showing up.  :D

Fortunately, I had prepared a savegame :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

sorry about that Art, she was with me  ;)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

;D

Maybe not the right place to ask a question, but perhaps the best place I can slip it in:

Has anyone of you guys ever had Michele as best buddy or rescue buddy? So you could kill her, she needs to be either one.

spaceboy

YES!

Proof is at 1 min in this fine video I made  ;D

[smg id=58 type=av]

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I have a screen shot of her lying dead after the gunfight over the gold. I was down in the pit when the shooting started and decided to toss a couple grenades from inside the pit and one of them must have got her. Oh well, already did her missions anyway.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

cheers, guys. To me it seems I always get her to be the last buddy to push the fridge in Mike's bar. If she ever was my best or rescue buddy, I forgot, but since I know I want to kill them all, I can't get to her  :)

By the way, good old memories, that vid :) Made me grin then, makes me grin now (those attempts to be cool at jumping on the boat and instead, nearly drown hehe)  :-X

Art Blade

Just a sidenote, I allowed three buddies to survive, one (Michele) could not have been killed even if I had wanted to.

Here, I tried a different method. I went to Mike's bar, shot the mercs outside, shot the windows open, and killed Michele and Warren. Quarbani was the one who could not be killed, the magic fridge effect :) Of course, Michele and Warren are listed as "missing" after killing them... Then, I left those traitors behind and went to the church to help those poor people escape. At least to them it meant something that I showed up :)

[smg id=1872 align=center width=400]

PZ

mandru

On the subject of the bullet proof Michelle, it's a rumor that she's spreading herself.  :P

For the Deep Insight into Buddy stories thread that I started elsewhere here in the Tips section, I went through a Northern game half with Michelle as BB which included killing her over and over while trying to gather other buddies comments about her with and without her untimely demise.

I'll get Michelle and Andre's info posted if I can ever get my notes sorted out.  :-[

As for Flora, I learned all to quick that she's mortal even if she does show up like a guardian angel when you need her. :-\

On my very first time through the game I got badly tangled up with the lakeside CP down the hill from the safe house that's in the center of the subverted mission where you kill the king, give the ring to the prince and drop a GPS marker on the gold for Dr Gokumba.

It was night and I'd cleared out that CP on my way in to the meet my BB but didn't know that they'd be waiting for me with a grudge when I tried to go back out that way.

Flora had to make an appearance and fish my fat out of the fire. After I'd healed up I set about clearing that rat's nest out again and once things were quiet I started searching for some wheels to get back on task.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of movement at a distance and tagged them with with what I'd thought was an amazing snap reaction shot. Since they were on more or less the direction I was headed I stopped to gloat and realized, "Oh Crud!", it was Flora.

I thought I'd fouled up the game and reset to a long outdated most recent save to get her back.  :D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Hehe, nice story :)

There will always be a last buddy in Leboa who refuses to show up until the Mike's bar vs Church turning point of the game, and can't be killed at Mike's. For some reason, in my case, most of the time it is Michele :) In the pic above, Quarbani took her place at the fridge and then he couldn't be killed, but Michele was the buddy I couldn't see for a while until that showdown.

I remember a playthrough when I had killed all but her, and went on without best and rescue buddy, but she was there at Mike's for the showdown.

PZ

I experimented once at the Mike's bar mission by placing 8 IEDs on the outside walls of the bar, then detonating.  When I went in, all of the buddies were dead except one - Quarbani, I think.  Because everything inside was basically destroyed and everyone else dead, I thought to myself "that's one touch ba$t@rd"  ;D

Art Blade

haha, yes ;D Nice, taking Mike's down with a full set of IEDs  :)

spaceboy

Quote from: PZ on January 20, 2010, 11:17:02 AM
that's one touch ba$t@rd"  ;D

sounds like he got a little personal with you!  ;)

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on January 20, 2010, 12:26:21 PM
haha, yes ;D Nice, taking Mike's down with a full set of IEDs  :)

I just tried that, but I think I also had a glitch. After talking to Reuben I made my way over to Mikes. Snuck in closer and watched a flare go up; I then took out the attackers with my m-79. Rush into Mikes to beat the calvary and nothing happens? All my buddies Flora, Warren, Josip, Paul and Quarbani were frozen. Michele died earlier in a plane crash after spraying the OWG crops  ;)

Time to set them up the bomb  :) Placed IED's on the windows and set them off. Flora was still standing, but Paul was kneeling over behind the bar doing his ahh ahh so a burst from the mp5 put him out of his agony....Unlike what happened to PZ when he shot Michele, Flora would not go down and is currently listed as missing on my 'buddy' list.......I went to the church to complete the mission.

A side note; since this is the Gamestop pre-order v1.00 edition the box says 6 extra missions, but I believe it's only 4. I checked the Reg after I only had 2 missions show up and only 'partner1' is there. I really dropped in to d/l the fc2.reg to see if it'll w@&k, but thought you'd like my glitch story  ;D

Art Blade

very nice  ;D Good read  :-X

I may be wrong, but did you mean "OGC crops" rather than "OWG crops"? (I might add that it had also happened to me, confusing those)  ;)

RedRaven

Quote from: Art Blade on February 06, 2010, 09:13:07 PM
"OWG crops"
Lol, that would be funny. What would we plant? Coffee beans or Games Developers ? :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Since you quote me quoting KingRat, I will have to refer this to him.   ;) ;D

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on February 06, 2010, 09:13:07 PM
very nice  ;D Good read  :-X

I may be wrong, but did you mean "OGC crops" rather than "OWG crops"? (I might add that it had also happened to me, confusing those)  ;)

Yea, it was late  :-[

Also, the fc2.reg worked and gave me the predecessor mission to the Fort (the Moroccan)  :)

Art Blade

Art Blade

Space, you spotted something funny there  ;D

Quote from: spaceboy on January 20, 2010, 03:06:27 PM
Quote from: PZ on January 20, 2010, 11:17:02 AM
that's one touch ba$t@rd"  ;D

sounds like he got a little personal with you!  ;)

And now I play as the "touch ba$t@rd" (Quarbani) and decided to kill Michele in front of Mike's Bar. I thought killing her there at that location had a nice touch to it.  ;D

[smg id=1961 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳