[Video] Additional Buddy in Leboa-Seko

Started by TopHat01, September 14, 2009, 07:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopHat01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qh1Z-mNxz8

Stumbled upon this while exploring, and it is also mentioned in the Prima game guide. The buddy you save is completely random, mine happened to be Warren. Also note that the syrette used is provided by your buddy, not from your own collection. After evacuating the area, you can meet this buddy back at Mike's Bar. I figured this would of interest to you guys, so I uploaded a video showing it, surprised that there wasn't any other similar videos on YouTube.

Enjoy.

JRD

Nice vid TopHat01... always a good addition to our site, thanks  :-X

The buddy at the crash site is not random actually... it may be either Michelle, Paul, Warren or Josip, if I'm not mistaken, depending on who you play with and the buddies you already met.

The prima guide is an excellent source of info for FC2, but it contains a few mistakes... we, on the other hand, have corrected those mistakes thanks to contributions of members like you (we consider ourselves the best FC2 site on the net, actually... no modesty  ;D ;D)

Thanks again mate
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

cheers TopHat, never seen a vid of it indeed :)

As JRD indicated, we provide a vast source of information here, and the "6th buddy" is mentioned in several topics and posts :) Still, good to have this topic with vid so it might be easier to find.  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks for posting Top,

This "famous" 6th buddy has caused quite a bit of discussion.  Although we've talked in great detail about how he/she affects the mission play in Leboa, we've not thought to make a movie of the location - great find  :-X

My experience has been that I almost always find Michele at the crash site.  Only one time did I find someone different (Josip in my case)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TopHat01

Quote from: JRD on September 15, 2009, 09:35:27 AM
The prima guide is an excellent source of info for FC2, but it contains a few mistakes... we, on the other hand, have corrected those mistakes thanks to contributions of members like you (we consider ourselves the best FC2 site on the net, actually... no modesty  ;D ;D)

Yeah, while thumbing (well, "scrolling through" since I have the digital .PDF version) through it I've noticed a few mistakes too, and things that don't seem to make sense.  The weapons that the author suggests to purchase aren't the ones I would personally choose, but that's the beauty of FC2, there's so many options that everyone will have their own gear they like.

Plus, a lot of good information and tips are here, can't believe I didn't find this place before. ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: TopHat01 on September 15, 2009, 03:07:32 PM
a lot of good information and tips are here, can't believe I didn't find this place before. ;)

We didn't make it a secret, but neither did we advertise it big style... Only those who really try to find good info do find us :)

That's the beauty of OWG, there's so many options that everyone will find their own info they like.  ;)

PZ

You hit that nail on the head - in fact, the information provided by OWG members has far exceeded what the Prima guide provided.  I'll tell you what - if we ever collectively put together an "OWG Guide" to games, it would beat all others hands down.

mandru

Good catch with video TopHat01.  :-X

As to who can pop up as the 6th buddy, it can be any of the first half of the game buddies. The current game, that I'm playing as Warren, gave me Quarbani there at the plane wreck.

What I don't know is when the determination of which buddy will be found is made by the game AI. It may be set as soon as you select which character you are going to play and jump into the start up movie or it may be randomly picked as that section of the map is rendered the first time as you come in range.

I just have never stopped to try to experiment by saving the game before I make that first bus trip north and get up into that area to force the AI to decide and then go back to the save point over and over to see if it gives a reshuffle or not.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I did try to find out when, regarding the second half of the game. I wanted to find out if I could go back in my savegames and get a different best buddy at Bowa. I went back so far I lost interest, always the same best buddy.

Tags:
🡱 🡳