UFFL mission to kill Ybek and Nasreen side mission

Started by retiredgord, July 26, 2009, 04:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Well after having had and settling my minor disagreement with X at the Airfield I did some other missions until I had cooled off somewhat and headed for town to get another mission from the UFFL. They want me to go and kill a gun-runner that's hold up under the bridge at RailXing east of the Airfield. This should be good as there's a safe house very close that I can use to rest.
     On my way back to a vehicle my phone rings.  It's Nasreen and she wants me to meet her for a side mission she thinks will help US greatly. Ok. I'll bite. Her position is at the safe house up near Crash Site. An easy and restful bus trip. I grab the bus and another road trip is taken. I await the grenade patrol that passes by every now and then to capture the vehicle and also keep them from fraggin' my arse. Well they are easily persuaded to part with the truck and I start my drive to the safe house. When I arrive Nasreen flashes those big eyes and tells me if I steal  a fuse for a large bomb that was not exploded that she can put it in the bomb on the bridge overtop of Yabek and with one shot do two jobs.  An excellent idea I think. I'm all for two-fers. The fuse is in the possession of a group of mercs sitting at Crash Site. How fortunate for me, no long trips over several hours to get a job done.
  I rest  and decide to walk to the area going north and entering the area from the west to possibly avoid  a large hurtful firefight. I enter through a very narrow pass in the rocks and almost trip on a merc and his buddies manning a m/gun on a ledge. I lob a few 'nades to try and cut down the numbers then move up to the gun to strafe some of their buddies down below. I take some rounds from my right and see a couple more of the boys have come to meet and greet and kill me. A firefight is started and I take enough rounds to need a syrette. With those boys down in the dirt, I scan the area trying to recon the balance of the troops.  I few whizzes and a round or two  and I see the sniper on a ledge over to the right.  I  send a greeting to him and he's catches it with his head. More rounds from below convince me to retreat a bit and set up a killing corridor in the narrow pass.  After a few more mercs walk their final few yards I hop to the ledge and make a second check.  There seems to be only one or two left and I hop down and advance on them with Peter talking rapidly. They are finally out of the way.  I ammo up and health up and head for the truck with the fuse.  Ahh, it's there and now I have it.  The phone rings and Nasreen asks if I have the goods. I do I reply and she tells me to get to the bridge as soon as I can.
    I walk back to the entrance of the narrow pass and grab the vehicle I left there. I need to get back to the bridge asap. I stop for a short while at the safe house just south of Crash Site and then proceed to drive down the road passing Poly tech. I'll meet resistance but with the grenade truck I shouldn't have a very bad trip. I skirt the g/post but still send some rounds their way to keep them ducking. After passing by the entrance to Polytech I slow down and approach that roadblock area slowly..I don't wanna have then hear me arriving.  I'm gonna go through to the safe house right close to the bridge, but I stop and trade rounds with the boys at the road block.  Mine are bigger so I win. I even get the Jeep guy that comes to see what all the noise is about...they should know by now.
On down the road I go to the safe house, ammo up, health up and rest. The end should be very near.
    When I leave the house I travel by foot over to the bridge slowly but find that Nasreen has already gotten the guards out of the way.  Nasreen is standing on the bridge waiting for my little toy.  As I approach her she takes the fuse , sets it in the bomb on the truck and tells me to RUN.  I follow her advice and hi-tail it back to the landing where I watch the bomb go off, fall down and give Yabek a hi- tonnage steel hat. Mission done.  Nasreen tells me we'll have company so I run for the emplaced .50 and start strafing anything coming our way.  When the opposition is gone the mission is finally completely over, so I head back to the safe house for a rest.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Sounds like you're a sucker for those big eyes, Gord!  Your method is a good approach - I usually disembark south on a boat ride from near the safe house by the eastern cell tower.  Two guys patrolling the river have a GL swamp boat which is quite useful to clear the sores of the river.

retiredgord

Yes PZ those eyes get me.  lol  I will try a different approach the third time through.  There has been lots of methods and I'm not sure which one I'll do next.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

hehe, big eyes and big steel hats  ;) nice story, Gord  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳