Tricky way to find hidden mercs...

Started by PZ, July 25, 2009, 11:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Because I routinely use the .50 on my Unimog, I noticed that if you fire a single shot toward a GP, any living merc will mutter some expletive.  In fact, as long as there is a live merc, they can't help but utter something when a bullet comes near them - quite funny actually - I've been playing that game - one bullet-one expletive - do that 15 times and it is really funny to hear.  Give themselves away every time.  Of course, when all are dead, no voices any more.  ;D

This brings to mind the problem that sometimes occurs when trying to unlock safe houses - fire a single shots in a methodical way and you should be able to locate that hiding coward.

Art Blade

Nice one :)

reminds me of a grenade launcher shot at the sky, making every living merc swear until the thing explodes or you change your weapon.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's a good one - will need to try it  :-X

DKM2

Hey, that's real handy info because I always found the more reputation you get the more
you find the "coward" personality at guard posts. They just hide and you have to hunt
them down or they will just follow you when you leave and pop up at a bad time.
Hence, the merc in the middle of nowhere thing.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Indeed - I recall a safe house east of the Rail X-ing in Bowa - 3 mercs are there, 2 next to the house and the third walking somewhere east of that.  Have had problems finding the 3rd guy at times and have had to give up to let the safe house re-spawn.

RedRaven

if all that fails "Burn Em out"  or better yet grow balls, hold on to them tight and go hunting for him with a Blade - Old school, 2 quick stabs from a machete and they play nice just same as with bullets. :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

hey, I refuse to be abused as a weapon against hidden mercs!

;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

as if you would be big enough.......
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

big enough to scare roaming goats!  ;D

RedRaven

art blades are small scalpal type things, need some thing that if it doesnt go all way thru its gonna knock em down

RedRaven

so its you chasing them shouting "CURRY" at top volume ?

Art Blade

I found out too that there are carpet knifes called that, lol - has nothing to do with me. I was replying because you used "Blade" with a capital B, should only have been a small joke. Thinking this topic is meant to be a tip about finding hidden mercs... and to answer your question, I'd like to try that, shouting CURRY,  hahahaha  :-X :-X ;D ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳