Wanna get a laugh at the expense of the Datsun and Jeep mercs?

Started by PZ, April 11, 2009, 10:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Just tried something for fun - you know how the mercs in the old coupes and Jeeps always like to chase you down... next time let them catch up, then pretend like you're going to stop and fight them.  When they stop their vehicle and get out to teach you a lesson, stomp on the gas pedal - leaves them in the dust.  That really angers them, especially when you laugh...

...suckered again poodle... suckered again...

Art Blade

LOL nice one, got to check that out.

Pity you can't shout at them "oh come ON, dudes" hehe. I usually stick to my grenadelauncher jeep and try to shoot them as soon as I notice them (trying to avoid that they get close).

The other tactic is: I get out and immediately aim my pistol or mp at the driver. Once I am sure I can hit the driver in the head, I shoot and hence stop the car. the gunner then tries to take the wheel and I shoot him on doing so. I admit it does take nerves not to sverve when they drive at you... but it is very satisfactory if you survive ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good plan to take out the driver first - D_B posted a YouTube video where he stole a grenade assault truck - his sniping of the driver and then the gunner who took his seat was classic.

I was practicing my stop and run routine on the coupe merc near the southeast bus stop of Bowa - predictably, he stopped and I started laughing as I sped away.  Just then I turned and  mounted .50 cal was heading my way!  They ran into me and we crashed to a stop - [great... now there are two that I need to deal with...].  Here's the kicker - instead of firing at me, the gunner mowed down the merc coupe that was chasing me - this is the first time that a merc actually sided with me against other mercs!  As an aside, it was very interesting to be at arms length away from a merc who was intent on killing someone other than me.

spaceboy

Never had that one PZ.  Speaking of driving and jumping to the gun, anyone else wish you had a parking brake on these trucks?  I think it's quite funny sometimes how the truck can roll forward or even backwards on a slope when you're trying to man your gun and shoot the mercs.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

I'm glad they don't have any, since it allows some tactics. if you are smart that is. Other than the mercs I mean. I once shot the driver, the gunner kept firing, and slowly rolling backwards into a river... pitty he didn't sport some scuba gear ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on April 12, 2009, 12:00:42 PM
Never had that one PZ.  Speaking of driving and jumping to the gun, anyone else wish you had a parking brake on these trucks?  I think it's quite funny sometimes how the truck can roll forward or even backwards on a slope when you're trying to man your gun and shoot the mercs.

In a way it does spaceboy - when you come close to a stop - barely rolling, press the L2 (or maybe L1) key and the parking brake will engage.

Tags:
🡱 🡳