That's it. I'm done.....

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 24, 2009, 06:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

... updating the world map. Tried uploading to the gallery/files area here, but it must be too big, it won't go. At least I think that's the problem, it keeps giving me an error about needing a title, when it definitely had one.

So it's up on Rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/259500009/Far_Cry_2_Wrold_Map_v8.jpg.html

and Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ECR36N4P

Though Megaupload was acting weird again, I think it scans the last file I sent and since the new one is so similar, it just links to the old file. So I had to change the file a bit and recompress it to make it w@&k. Grab the one off Rapidshare if you can.

Only minor changes from v7, added some in-the-wild ammo crates and the patrol area in Shwasana.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

This community is forever grateful for all your hard w@&k DB.  Your maps were the stepping stone to OWG.  Yes, stop, go play something,  :)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

Oh, I've been doing other things, that's why it took so long to get the final version out. Actually haven't played any games in a few weeks....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

haha, yeah I figure you haven't been only working on the maps, I just mean they're better than anything else on the net already....  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

DKM2

I couldn't survive without it, a must have on my second monitor.     :-X
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

retiredgord

:-X :-X    ;)Excellent w@&k D_B. The maps are indeed a major bonus factor of this site.  I use them regularly and have gotten all the diamonds on both plays. I think I may have gotten only half on my own and would probable still stuck on some mission without the lay of the land to help. ;) ;)
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

I'll join the chorus and show my appreciation for your w@&k D_B... many thanks... if it wasn't for you I'd never find all gems and tapes, or would get bored trying.

Cheers mate  :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

same goes in my little corner too, if it was not for your maps i know for sure would of never considered trying to finish game 100% with 100% hit accuracy and all tapes/diamonds found, use it with every game and colour each thing in as i find it, Indispensable and added to my enjoyment of an already rilliant game.
  Thank you. :-X ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I'l echo all that everyone has already said D_B  :-X

As I'm sure several of our senior members will recall, you first mentioned your maps on farcry2world.com, and started a thread that got several members (myself included) extremely excited about your w@&k.

Very well done, my friend; you definitely deserve the title "The Mapper"

As to the upload difficulty, Art mentioned something a while ago about the problems with title names - can't recall exactly what, but we'll get your maps uploaded here so the latest will be available to the membership.  :-X

DKM2

The title scared me for a second though....  no! don't go...   :)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

KillerZ

Just finished downloading the file from rapidshare and the file is HUGE, but it is both maps done together which gives a good sense of scale and location.  BTW, the file downloaded "untitled" don't know if you knew that...  not that it really matters, tho

RedRaven

hi, sorry mis-read your other post! what i did with north and south map is use Paint / IrfanView etc and cut it down into it 9 smaller area`s, then can easily flip thru them with any slideshow type application.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

PZ mentioning the problem I had was too long a filename. just keep it one simple word and you'll be fine.

I did misread the subject too, only for a sec though - glad you're still with us, D_B :)

And I too love your maps, always have them at hand on my pc :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I'm quite unhappy because rapidshare downloaded it inside a tab, as a picture rather than giving the option "save as", and I was unable to copy-paste or save it.

Maybe if you try uploading it again using a filename such as "FC2mapV8.jpg" ? Cheers
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Interesting - did you try megaupload?  That one worked fine for me.

Art Blade

no, since I want the better quality pic which is on rapidshare, if I understand it correctly. Or perhaps even better, download it from our site, if the file problem can be solved with a shorter file name ;) Hopefully a zip file so it will ask where to save it :)

PZ

That might be the answer D_B - put the map in a zip file and give it a short name, then upload to OWG.  It will not compress any more but the server should not have a problem with zips.  JPGs can be an issue unless you are uploading to the gallery.

RedRaven

If you like and if Dweller has no objections i can cut it up into 21 squares, and stick them up in files section ?
sooner or later someone else will hit problems trying to get full image down in one.
  will also make sure that they can be stuck back together with set of instructions etc.
Willing and able to do it all but only if you guys want it doing, if not will carry on with my Vengeful Rampage against the Datsuns . :-X

Art Blade

there shouldn't be a problem getting a file downloaded in one piece, it's only a couple of megs. As long as it's zipped, that is. The problem for me with rapidshare was that I had to hit some java script or flash button and the "download" started immediately leaving me without choice, and my browser recognised I was (down)loading a picture so it started displaying it while loading. Resulted in a slowly building image, but that was embedded in a flash environment which prevented me from copy paste it.

RedRaven

cool, as long as you got a copy. got wrong end of what you meant.  know for me it would be so wierd without being able to refer to a map.....but all good :)

Art Blade

erm, I still haven't got v8, but I'm waiting patiently for D_B to try again uploading it as a "fc2mapv8.zip" so I can get the best quality right from its maker and off our own site :)

RedRaven

haha, thats what thought you meant earlier, i got v8 from both sites, hence offer to stick them on OWG for him if he busy, thats why had said if it was ok with him too as can see hours w@&k he has put into that project. (just trying to be helpful and keep my graphics skills up / re-find functions in software as been away from it all for a while) ne bother either way :-X

Art Blade

PZ

I just tried to upload the Chernarus ARMA2 map which is zipped into approximately 8.6 mb or so and have had the same error message that D_B is getting - must be a glitch in the system somewhere - will try to track down the problem.

DKM2

D_B, does this mean your going to start a FUEL map?    :-\
Its only a hundred thousand miles of roads...   :D    :'(

;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳