That's it. I'm done.....

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 24, 2009, 06:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

we'd need to rent a cinema to display a map like that in full size  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

amazing how big it is, had got fuel and ARMA2 mixed up in my head but at 50 square Km farcry is not exactly small when mercs with guns are chasing you!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I hope you don't mind D_B, but I clipped the giant map into the two district maps and uploaded them to our server.  This decreased the file size to less than 7 mb each, which seemed to satisfy the server.  The clips are based of the full size rapidshare file.

Still not sure why the server is limiting our file size though - still working on it.

Art Blade

thank you PZ, already downloaded both chunks, and thanks D_B, looks great  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

PZ

Well a bit of bad news - our hosting service won't allow large mb file sizes - up to 7 mb is about it.  The good news is that I found a new compression method - will post in the downloads.

Art Blade

saw it, 7zip. Good you posted the link along with the files.

Good thing is that the download speed of this site is fantastic. I'm on the other side of the big lake (across the pond) and still get up to like 400kb/s downloads, which is nice even here  :-X

PZ

Yeah, I think I'll use 7zip for all my compression - much more efficient than the zip built into Windows.  Plus, it will let you split large single archives into several smaller ones if need be  ;)

Dweller_Benthos

OK, tried a zip and that won't w@&k, since it's still 14 MB, and a 7Zip (I use 7Zip all the time) is about the same, unless I use the split option to make it a couple smaller files?

OK, looks like the split files are working, get 7Zip and the three pieces and you can combine & decompress, hope that works.

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=64

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=65

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=66
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

DKM2

I got it to w@&k, a little messy process though.

The other one I downloaded was only a 9.7M jpg this one is over 14M.
Why's that?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

I think that one of them was compressed a bit more - you should have the full unadulterated version. with D_B's 3-pack.

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, the 9MB version was the one on megaupload, and it also has a bit of a splotch in the upper left corner, I had to change the file a bit in order for megaupload to take it instead of just referencing the old file. If the extra compression & the splotch don't bother you, then there's no need to download the other version.
D_B

fragger

:) Hey D_B, I meant to reply to this earlier but got sidetracked... Just wanted add my "thanks and well done" to everyone else's for your wonderful map. I'm finding it indispensible, I wouldn't have found half of the goodies without it. You've done a magnificent job, the map is beautifully made and extremely helpful.

Hats off to you sir, map-maker and merc-botherer extraordinaire!
:-X :-X :-X

Art Blade

ah gosh. Of course I too want to express my gratitude, now that I have the maps - fragger said it in a very nice way, I fully agree with all that. Thanks again for the great w@&k, it is a beautiful tool and I don't want to know what FC2 would be like without it :) :-X

Dweller_Benthos

You're welcome, everyone. I first started the maps when I found I could extract the graphics from the game, then used the maps already available to place some of the icons for diamonds & tapes, then went from there. An interesting project to say the least. Final size of the layered Corel Photo-Paint file? Almost 200MB
D_B

PZ

Well, from a grateful community, I can say that you highly deserve the title "The Mapper"  :-X :-X :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳