Landing zone **SPOILER**

Started by PZ, July 21, 2009, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I went to the landing zone with this load out:  AS50, grenade launcher, and flame thrower.  Earlier in the game I had killed all but two of my buddies in Leboa (Paul and Michele).  They were the only two at the LZ, in addition to Nasreen who was standing over the diamond case.  Going into the compound, Paul rounded the corner and said "... just kill 'im..."  to which Nasreen replied "I can't do that, he's one of us..." then she turned and said "sorry..." and started blasting.  I was equipped with the flame thrower and a single puff took her down enough for her to turn away.  A second puff sent her screaming to the ground dying.  A few more spurts of fire and Paul and Michele were also on the ground - all three needed mercy killing, which I was happy to provide.

That flame thrower is an easy way to get through this tight spot.  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

That's true... I like to toast them and then mercy kill  ;D ;D ;D

... and the MGL-140 still one of my favourite cos I can see them going into the air... literally  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

As soon as they started talking, I backed off to a safe place I had already scouted, near the grenade ammo. Once they started shooting, I used the grenade launcher to carpet bomb the place. Never took a hit, or anything serious anyway, they were too busy dodging explosions to do much damage. Reloaded once, more carpet bombing, then casually walked in with the machete to mercy kill the few survivors. Not even worth a bullet.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 23, 2009, 09:34:24 AM
...then casually walked in with the machete to mercy kill the few survivors. Not even worth a bullet.....

Sweeeeet  :-X :-X

Art Blade

hehe, that part made me smile too  :-X :-X :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Ahhh I shoulda read this before finishing the second play.  Oh well, it's done now..in the books. I went in with Duke, McMac and Peter. Had Duke fail and I picked up the one with the green laser.  It's ok but not the reliability of Duke. When I heard Nasreen utter "Kill Him" I was already turning, thowing a grenade, and trying to hi-tail it back along the route to the safehouse.  Only 5 after my sorry a$$ this round. A shot to the barrels near the edge took out one and  a fall-back to set up a killing corridor with grenades and Peter reduced the number 3 more. I waited for more action but none came so I snuck up and caught a glimpse of some sucker looking BACK towards the diamonds.  I shot him went over and shot him again.  Took my time making sure there were no stragglers, healthed up, ammoed up and gemmed up.
Then I went to finish.  By lunch I was done. 
Gonna try one or two saved games then decide when to start #3.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Dweller_Benthos

I've even heard of people grabbing the diamonds and running for it, not even trying to fight them. Never tried it myself though.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Yeah... why run if you can shoot the traitors in the face?  ;D ;D

PZ

On my very first play though I had managed to save all my Leboa buddies so there were lots of them at the LZ waiting to blast me - they killed me of course.  After loading a save and getting back to the LZ, I planned my escape route (the one by the river), grabbed the diamonds and ran like heck until they stopped giving chase.  It's because of their treachery that I don't mind killing the Leboa buddies now, and in my current play through, I'm methodically planning to kill my best buddy the first time they offer me a subverted mission (after I have completed their buddy quests)

retiredgord

Yeah my fave Mr. X.B. was X'd and he did not show up.  Nasreen went missing, didn't get to her in time ans she was there. She was the one that said "Kill him".
  P.FC2 M. I guess. ;) ;)
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

PZ, well said, almost the same here. First saved them, then learned about their treachery, now killing them even without taking on their side jobs, bastards  ;D Funny thing, 3rd through, 2nd time killing them, 2nd time left with Michele in Leboa (no chance to kill her)

RedRaven

agreed, kill the treacherous scum, and do each one differently to  ;D ;D
and probably have to agree about michele too. seems she most peoples "special merc friend"....

on 2nd toughts stuff that, even she gonna get it this time round..... kill em all then there is no differences left.

hahahahaha,hahahahaha,hahahahaha,hahahahaha. . . .
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 24, 2009, 07:17:38 PM
   hahahahaha,hahahahaha,hahahahaha,hahahahaha. . . .

... now THATS an evil laugh  :-X

Roaven

A lot of them were there, so I ended up bolting with the Diamonds.

wexer9

This part of the game shocked me when I first encountered it - so I made sure to only hurt them enough to put them in pain on the ground. Then I mercy killed them.

Revenge, my backstabbing friends, revenge. :-*

Art Blade

haha, you're not alone there with that thought and deed  ;D :-X

fragger

It's a jolting twist all right, first time around.

As others have reported in this topic, the betrayal at the LZ coloured my attitude towards my "buddies" in subsequent playthroughs. If one of them buys it during a buddy mission, I now think, "I know what you were planning to do later, you double-dealing scunge-bucket, so stiff chips!"

When I do the LZ now, I tend to blow away whoever's guarding the case from outside the wall, then run in, grab the case and bolt with it. The rest don't seem to want to follow you past that wet area just outside. Besides, they're not worth wasting perfectly good ammo on ;D

JRD

Quote from: fragger on January 27, 2010, 03:55:04 AM
It's a jolting twist all right, first time around.

As others have reported in this topic, the betrayal at the LZ coloured my attitude towards my "buddies" in subsequent playthroughs. If one of them buys it during a buddy mission, I now think, "I know what you were planning to do later, you double-dealing scunge-bucket, so stiff chips!"

When I do the LZ now, I tend to blow away whoever's guarding the case from outside the wall, then run in, grab the case and bolt with it. The rest don't seem to want to follow you past that wet area just outside. Besides, they're not worth wasting perfectly good ammo on ;D

Hell no... I'm more like wexer9... I want to hurt them, slowly, and maybe let them half alive to be eaten by the vultures... in one playthrough I used only the flamethrower and molotovs... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But on my first time through (I don't read any spoilers when I'm into a game) I was shocked, dissapointed and then mad... my M79 and a SAW couldn't make me happy enough  :-*

PZ

On my first play through I was soooooo careful to keep all my buddies safe and sound only to be stabbed ruthlessly in the back at the LZ.  So annoyed I was, that I ruthlessly killed all but one at Mike's bar on a subsequent play through - how's that for turnabout, Jossip  ;D

RedRaven

Quote from: JRD on January 27, 2010, 05:51:54 AM
my M79 and a SAW couldn't make me happy enough  :-*

Hahahaha, I know that feeling. Emptying a full 100 round PKM magazine into their lifeless corpses does little to take the edge of that sour feeling of having been played like a schmuck.

On my second or third play through I just ran up, grabbed the case and as I ran for cover dropped a load of IED's. The explosions were loud enough to drown out the screams :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Hey, that's a good idea - having played that part enough, you kind of know where they are going to come from, so plant IEDs around the perimeter before you pick up the diamond case and then when they foolishly come in...

A satisfying way to kill everyone in Mike's bar (except the requisite one) is to stick a bunch of IEDs on the outer walls.  Once you enter you'll be amazed at the devastation, but the single buddy left will be standing there completely unconcerned by what just happened.  ;D

RedRaven

Not surprising really, they probably make a pass time stabbing each other in the back too. Bet you could come up with some interesting dot-to-dot pictures with the scars on their backs.

Better yet, could use them as those cheese hedgehog things some people have at parties. Certainly be a conversation starter.

Art Blade

you guys are hilarious, sooo funny  :-X :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

PZ

Well, I just finished a play through on the console - had a new experience.  Nasreen was my best buddy, and she was waiting by the diamond case when I arrived at the landing zone.  Creeping a bit up the ramp, I drew on her head with the dart and let her have it - she fell down wounded like buddies always do.  I didn't remember how many Leboa buddies I needed to expect, so when I grabbed the diamond case, I ran for the river - they got off a couple of shots, but I managed to get away.

I made my way to the safe house nearby, but then decided to return up the river to see if they might still be there - they were, and immediately started firing - I turned and ran back to the safe house intending to save.  Ominously, I could hear several of them outside the door saying that they had me cornered.  I gathered the courage to go outside, and immediately they started hammering me - fortunately I could duck behind the wall of the safe house.  A careful couple of grenades and two of them were down (Michele and Jossip), then a short while later, Flora went down as she tried to flank me.  The chorus of moans and groans as they writhed on the ground was quite amusing, particularly because of the way they had treated me at the LZ  :-()

Then I wanted to see if Nasreen was still at the LZ, but when I approached, more gunfire assaulted me!  It was Quarbani, and after luckily sidestepping his assault, another grenade sent him to the ground - Nasreen was just where I left her.  Both were writhing on the ground, obviously in discomfort, but I was unwilling to give them assist as I sent back to the safe house - their moans faded into the distance as the moans from the three at the safe house increased.

Naturally I bid them all a farewell as I trudged down the dusty path, without giving them a second glance.

Tags:
🡱 🡳