Wolfenstein

Started by deadman1, June 29, 2009, 12:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

only a click away...thanks Fiach for the details  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Ricamundo

THX for the heads up guys Im not sure if ill wait till the  October 20th rel date to buy it, but ill keep it in mind.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I'll probably be grabbing this in the next couple of weeks. I have some rebate cash coming from Best Buy, so I'll put it towards Wolfy.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

• Good news: BestBuy has Wolfenstein for the PS3 - expensive though $59.99
  • Bad news: I want the PC version, and my local BestBuy doesn't carry it - available only via Internet, but at a descent price: $49.00
  • Good news: Amazon.com has it for the PC at $34.99 - I'm going to order this one and get a couple of old show DVDs that I've been wanting to get!  :-X
  • Bad news: my wife will become irritated at how much time I spend on my PC again  :'(

Art Blade

buy her a new dress or a ring. Maybe both  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

PZ

For anyone playing the PC version of the new Wolfenstein, this article gives you some cheat info, plus the instructions on how to unlock the BestBuy promotional flamethrower.

This link to the v1.1 patch

This link to trainers and other downloads

Note: I've downloaded a couple of these but have not checked them in the game yet - my malware scanners report that they are at least superficially OK.

Art Blade

you can always upload single files to have them scanned by 40+ live and up-to-date virus scanners here:

http://www.virustotal.com/de/
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I remember your recommendation - have it bookmarked on my gaming PC  :-X

PZ

Just installed the trainer, no CD .exe and played a little of the game to see how it is.  If you like COD5 WaW then you'll like this one.  Because it is an Activision game (like COD5) it is not surprising that  it is quite similar in the operation.  In fact, the grenade warnings and virtually all of the basic features are like COD5.

The graphics are very good (the same caliber as COD5) and you'll almost feel like the two are the same game, just different venues.  At first glance it looks like a fun game, and will have about the same replay value as all linear games.  Granted, I'm only on the first level, and only about 30 minutes into the game, but it is fun so far in the same way that COD5 and COJ2 were fun - one time through will be about it.

Interestingly, I have Saitek and Cyborg console-like controllers, and Wolfenstein is evidently designed to use them.  What makes it interesting is that the controller movement is precise just like on the console, not all-or-none like when the same controllers are used with FC2 or A2.  You can steer right/left and it is as smooth as on a console.  The best part - you can use the controller in your left hand and the mouse in your right - the best of both worlds.

[smg id=1423]
[smg id=1424]
[smg id=1425]
[smg id=1426]
[smg id=1427]
[smg id=1428]
[smg id=1429]
[smg id=1430]
[smg id=1431]
[smg id=1432]

Art Blade

thanks for the info, PZ, and nice Pics :)

The black booklet to the right in the last pic reads "w@&k Book -  for foreigners" ;)

Fiach

When you get your shift power, turn it on to look for secret areas, when ever you enter new places, as they are hidden very well.

Eg. in the first part, where all the soldiers are floating after the explosion, there is a picture of Hitler floating in the air, check that area for a secret area that was behind the picture.

There are also TOMES hidden in some areas that upgrade your powers, you really should keep an eye out for them, maybe check out a walkthrough after you clear an area (you can revisit cleared areas).

There are little gas like canisters dotted around, later you will be able to syphon power from them if you are running low, but if you shoot them when soldiers are nearby, they will ....... oh no! the spoiler police are coming!!!!!  :'( ;D

PZ

Thanks for the translation, Art, and Fiach, you can post spoilers any time - in fact, I personally appreciate the information because it allows me to enjoy my game more.  For instance, I wish that I had known about the floating soldiers/secret part - I've already been there and passed through without ever finding (or knowing) about it.  :-X

Fiach

IIRC you can go back through the sewers to it from the hub town.

PZ

Thanks Fiach - maybe you can offer advice: I'm stuck at a place not too far from the floating soldiers where the walls close in like a couple of pincers.  I can't seem to find a way through that area - any hints?

deadman1

Try using the veil and see if there´s some marks on the floor that shows you where to go.

PZ

Thanks deadman - will give it a try

On a different note, I had fun with Wolfenstein last night - the trainer allowed me to use God mode and have unlimited ammo which turned out to be great fun.  The violence is intense - limbs are detached when you blow up the adversary.  The things to look for in the game make it a better experience than COD5 for me, and I really like the setting.  I'm beginning to enjoy the game more as I play it.  Although I doubt that it will be anywhere close to FC2 regarding replay value, it is quite entertaining while I patiently wait for OFP2  ;D

deadman1

Which trainer are you using PZ?

Fiach

I'm not sure where you mean, if there are lots of flames around, you have to go through a little ticket booth and maybe jump over a balcony or something, in that part of the game there is usually a guide with you.
Theres not much veil w@&k at the start except secrets.

BTW if you havent hit the hub village, when you get there you will see puddles of water that seem to drip upwards, there is a reason for that, its not a gfx glitch.

Art Blade

PZ

deadman, I'm using Brewers +14 trainer - the first one on the list

Fiach, thanks for the tips - will help when I get there.  Unfortunately for me, I don't recall exactly how I got here, but I seem to be in some kind of lower level with a dead end at one end, and the pincer walls at the other end.  I cannot go back the way I came because I jumped down through some kind of opening.  I'll need to look around to see if I can find some way out.

Fiach

I'm sorry I have no idea where you are and I dont have the game anymore to check it mate.

Have you met the resistance, or are you just after the train level?

There is a section where you go into the sewers, but its tutorial, tells you how to crouch and jump, theres a little waterfall i there with a cache of gold in it, maybe a hidden secret in a wall too., then you climb a ladder and meet a resistance guy, he brings you to the town hub area and a safe house.

Have you done those things?

If you are past there and on missions already, if you see some strange graffiti pattern on a wall, it means there is a veil "doorway" hidden there, or sometimes ladders that can only be accessed while in the veil.

There is a cult and the entrance is like a sort of huge oven door, if you approach it, you will get an "interact" icon on it.

Other than that, all I can suggest is use your compass, its very accurate and updates at every turn, probably best compass I have ever seen in a game.

PZ

Thanks for responding anyway Fiach - I'll poke around to see what I can find - there must be a way out of my trap!  ;)

Fiach

Tags:
🡱 🡳