First mission accomplished and a long walk

Started by Art Blade, June 25, 2009, 02:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

...it wasn't me who made it happen.

Usually I get creamed after a relatively short amount of time, but I tried to keep my virtual life out of the line of fire and sent in my team instead. Again, usually that doesn't help, but today... I heard a heavy but brief fight going on, radio messages being issued by my team (I had given the order to attack freely) and the final one was "we got 'em all" or the likes. Incredible. But it gets better.

The only surviving member of my team and I were some 2,500m off track, away from the destination, it was still very dark... I was fiddling with the order menu and happened upon a list of available vehicles (lots... one was something like a landrover) so I promoted my team mate to the rank of "driver" and let him get into the car.

It was like 6:30am, dawn, couldn't see much, so I hoped he would find that car "1 o'clock" from us, and he stormed away. I realised the car wasn't just a step away, so I ran after my driver. When we got there... after 1,500m running, I thought I'd never do that again  ;D

"Our" car. Drove the last few hundred meters, at least  ;)

[smg id=905 align=center width=400]

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, that's funny - you didn't even run out of gas, but still had to walk!   ;D

Sounds like the simulation truly lets you decide what to do and how to do it.  Also, even though it can be complicated to control, the variation must be quite a thrill.

Art Blade

haha :) I forgot to mention that my "driver" actually didn't know how to drive at all (entered the vehicle on the passenger seat and was not to be placed behind the wheel, so I personally drove that car the last few hundred metres). But he was an excellent scout in the dark, and easy to follow with his green indicator around him ;D You can't see how dark it really was, the sky only appears to be quite bright, due to HDR, which sometimes does that. Maybe you should know that the above mentioned mission was somewhat edited so I had a chance.

Today I accomplished the first "real" single mission, I think it's called scenario, unedited. It's from the menu the first that you get after "my missions." Man, it was so hard...

The mission was to land some place, clean a village, and proceed to the next spot. I had to reload a dozen times, though, but I somehow got used to how to move when under attack, how to spot enemies (I actually saw them this time) and that it's worth a lot saving some team members by administering some first aid a couple of times.

In the end we had to walk, again, quite a bit until the mission accomplished message popped up. I couldn't believe I shot so many people... some gunners, a civilian (I thought heck, everything not being a team mate is a threat, and he was! I got shot by someone like him, and had to reload!), some more soldiers, in total 9 kills. Phew.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sounds like quite the adventure!  I'm now counting down the days until I can pick up this title from Game Stop - Tuesday the 30th in my town.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳