Mission: Harvest red

Started by JRD, July 22, 2009, 02:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

===========SPOILERS==============
Yeap... after "Amphibious assault", you move southwest into Chernogorsk after the raid at Progorodki.
USMC are attacking from NE while Chernarus Defence Forces (CDF) are coming from SW... you should help the raid and your 1st task is to take out a sniper... cool, but I took the long route checking every corner before crossing the street in that little industrial village and by the time I was 300 meters away from the sniper, someone from CDF did the deed  :( ... one less skull marked on my rifle.
The thing is: there is a big shot Chedaki leader somewhere there. You must find him and bring him to face trial for war crimes... so far so good...
As you move into the warehouse he is in, little resistance is met and as soon as you and the other razor team members gather by the front door a cutscene takes place and you just watch as your character bust Lopotev (the bigshot guy). A CDF officer named Nikitin joins you and request to take him prisioner, to which Sgt Miles, your Razor team leader,  replyes yes... his last mistake.
As you go with them by truck, turns out Nikitin is a traitor and Razor team falls into a trap to free Lopotov... too bad for you, even worst for Sgt Miles who gets shot in front of you and dies... seconds latter US marines manage to set you and your guys free... but too late for Sgt Miles...

Mission over...  :(

To make things worst... you are now assigned to a new mission - "Razor Two" which I won't report yet... the reazon is that your task is to go after Lopotev and two other Chedaki Warlords hiding somewhere n Chernarus... yes, somewhere and you have no idea where  :D

That mission will take you all around the country gathering evidence... some areas you should search are way into enemy territory and you have multiple tasks:
- Find Lopotev, prevent his escape and bring him into justice
- Find the other warlords (damn those fake Russian names... can't remember all)
- Gather evidence of war crimes as you move all around the country
- More tasks will be added on the fly as the mission goes on for sure
So I might spend a few days, if not weeks, playing this particular mission.  ;D ;D ;D

A good thing is: you have a chopper and all kinds of jeeps and tanks at your disposal to go around Chernarus ;D ;D ;D

Talk about open world and freedom of choice now  ;D ;D ;D  :-X :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Excellent report JRD - I'm the kind of guy that likes to know what he's up against (don't like surprises - have seen to many in my day), so keep 'em coming!  :-X

JRD

Thanks... always a pleasure  :-X

I'm thinking about doing some mission specific reports/posts so we get to discuss the game better... it might grow into some kind of walkthroughs or even D_B's - like maps... which would be great... but thats a start right?  ;)

So far... stuck running through enemy territory after a warlord who was last seen fleeing in a red Datsun (??)

Nah... just kidding, not a red Datsun but some red Chernarusian car... but that'd be great  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

cool JRD, and I'm totally with you guys... keep it coming :-X  It might help us prevent committing mistakes. So, thanks for committing mistakes  ;D And it is a good read :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, you had me going there for a minute - flashback - Datsun dummies in ARMA2!  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳