Dogon Village Suit Assassination Mission

Started by retiredgord, June 25, 2009, 11:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Ah the scenery is beautiful when just chugging along in the boat off towards the pipeline area. Drat, the GPS is showing that a buddy mission has just come up so I head back into the marina to check it out.
    That doll-face Nasreen wants me to kill this suit dude over in Dogon Village and she's just to yummy to turn down. I will have to head into the bus station and grab the bus to north of Sefapano. Taking the bus gives me time to rest and reflect upon the deed I'm about to undertake.
    When I disembark from the bus I start to walk down towards Sefapane to get to Dogon from the south via the road from Sefapane.  It's a long walk with a bit of a cooling swim. After passing by the town I w@&k my way around the cliff base and start a more stealthy approach to Dogon. Having been in this place a few times before I follow my usual basic insertion route..a stealthy approach from the southwest cliff face up and around the rocks and under huts to get to a building with a haystack just to the north of the hut's door. This building allows me to check my six and has a view of some of the area immediately around.  The GPS shows the suit target is moving on the far side of the village.
    I hear voices around me and stay crouched down behind the hay. A diversion is needed so when the voices fade as they resume their patrols I toss a molotov and then a grenade as far east as I can and hope that draws them away. It works somewhat and I decide I'm gonna sprint up to the ammo dump near the top to hunker down with lots of spare rounds if they're needed. 
   Out in the open I go and start up the trail in front of a very surprised guards nearby. "Hey we got a live one here" I hear him yell  but I can't stop as the rounds are now thicker than flies around poop. So up and shooting with McMac and I get one for sure and into the dump I bolt.  Some rounds whistle my way from my back and I turn in time to see a merc above me by a hut. I give back to him and he slumps in eternal peace. Time to use a syrette as my health is getting lower. Healed, I pop my head out and around the corner to see that there is a few from the local welcoming committee there on the path below.  I gotta use that path to backtrack down and turn to the right to get the path up higher that I seek.  Lob a 'nade (just like Art) and wait for that nice BOOM then peek again.  One or two more gone so out I go with McMac at the ready and fire at a couple of more on the way up getting one and wounding the other.
   A fast Olympic sprint and I'm up and moving across that path near the top. I w@&k my way over towards the steps by the glider to try and set up a killing corridor if needed.
I get in the crack then on top of the rock near the fire barrel and check for targets. Oh my, the mortar guy ( who has been too close to do anything) is preparing to set up and fire on me.  Just in time I give him a third eye with Duke. Down below there is some guards hopping around trying to locate me but failing. One stops and kneels looking down into the village and he's given a back rub with Duke.  A couple of mercs are below under a straw structure and I drop a 'nade on them..another down. There is another one or two scurrying in and out of cover. No shot.
   I quickly check the GPS and see that the suit dude has moved over to the other side out of harm's way..he thinks. I hop down and start back along the path to try and get this mission over and done with.  A merc hiding in some brush near the junctions of the trails almost makes me the done and over person. When he's gone to where ever dead mercs go I heal myself and start a slow move across the top to the west again. I stop and check and  get another merc near a building below my position just north of the mortar guys's building. A few more steps and a jump and I have a good view of most of the village below.  Duke speaks a few more times and things grow quiet.
    I move back unto the path and move slowly to the west checking the GPS to make sure I'm going where I should. It shows the dude is very close. Duke is ready and as round the corner and start down the path I see a lone person, suit dude, puffing away on a cigarette.  Duke speaks to him and the suit quits right away, saving him from a long agonizing death.  Mission accomplished pops up and it's time to mosey on outta here.
   I top up on ammo and check out the area for anything I can use..like that assault truck. I boost the truck and drive it out and along the road that will lead back to Sefapane. When I get to the bridge I dump the truck and do a walk/swim back up to the bus and take it back to the Marina for my debriefing.
  I like being debreifed by Nasreen.  I hope she doesn't turn on me too quickly.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

KingRat

Nice read Gord, I enjoyed that.  :-X

Because of a glitch I wound up going there about 5 times in a row  :D (kiln, cell & Nasreen missions)....found my best way in was coming in at night from the eastern safe house. Keeping tight to the cliffs on the right, taking down a merc or two silently then making tracks up the stone steps up and behind the mortar. After sniping him the rest is cake  :)

Art Blade

Great story, Gord  :-X

nice: "Olympic sprint," made me laugh  :) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good one Gord - almost like I was there myself.  Although not too often, I have taken the walk/swim toward Sefapane, and it is interesting that you can climb a rather steep incline to get to the top of the road from the creek bed.

retiredgord

Thank y'all.  I'm gonna try to post a couple of more today and Fri.  As of Wed next week (Canada Day) I will be away from the game and the computer for about 18 days as I take the wife to the trailer for her well-earned vacation.  There she will be  treated to my breakfasts, lunches and suppers, plied with wine and treated as a mini queen in a 28 x 8 ft trailer.  How's that for digs?  She does enjoy it ..she bought it.

PZ

That's cool Gord, best fortunes on the vacation.  I would have been on my way to Yellowstone National Park starting this weekend, but I could not get reservations - my wife and I like to travel the country in a 22-foot travel trailer.  I too cook breakfast (usually hash browns and eggs), and often we have champagne mixed with a little fruit juice of our liking - marvelous to sit in front of your trailer and watch the rest of the camp arise.  lol, we even have little jalapeno lights that we line the awning with - talk about goofy fun...

We're now thinking about making reservations for the first or second week in July, but we'll be taking an EVDO modem so even in Yellowstone, we'll have Internet so I don't go through OWG withdrawals...

retiredgord

That's great PZ. Our trailer is stationary in a park outside of a little town called Bayfield south of Goderich on Lake Huron, Canadian side of course. The missus' family is close by.
That champagne and juice (orange makes a Mimosa) is a nice touch. Being up early is the better part of that life. You enjoy yourself too on your trip. I'll be on a few more times before I sign off. I'm off to my spot tomorrow evening for the weekend.

Art Blade

Have fun and a relaxing trip, Gord. And stop looking for diamond cases or cell towers in your area  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Art I will try to slip back to normal life while away.  It gets difficult tho when you're going thru the country and get the urge to cut across a farmer's field..with a Honda. Also I'm always checking the high spots, church towers, barns hilltops for snipers.  Oh well, at least the water I swim in will be cleaner than in the game and the only fireworks will be for our Canada Day, or July 4th with the Americans there next weekend.

PZ

hahaha, your comments are always amusing, Gord - in fact, I find my heart rate increasing when I see a propane tank while driving around in town, every time!  :-X

retiredgord

Imagine the thoughts in my head as I walk thru our trailer park.  MMMMmmmm...a shot there and one there and WOW  watta nice ball of flame.

Art Blade

so this is normal life, those kinds of thoughts?  ;D ;D ;D

retiredgord

Normal OWG thoughts only..just kinda doing a daydreaming type of thing.  I couldn't actually do it.

Art Blade

I think a lot of us have those OWG thoughts... I remember some posts with about similar stories... I don't deny it, I too sometimes have those thoughts  ;)

PZ

It's purely reflexive in my case - I've seen and exploded so many propane tanks in FC2 that my first instinct is to pull out my MP5 when I see one!   ;D

Art Blade

hahaha! I was just imagining you, in the middle of a city, looking puzzled and your hands tapping each pocket of your jacket and trousers. A pedestrian watches you and asks, "are you alright?" And you reply in a rasping voice, "I can't seem to find my silenced MP5 so I could blow up those propane tanks over there."  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳