Michelle's mission Retrieve the Box (the stealth way)

Started by JRD, June 13, 2009, 12:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

As part of the fun in playing FC2 over and over, I'm always trying to do the same thing a different way, so I tried the stealth approach instead of gunning them down from the hill to the east.
Coming from the south I found a nice rock formation with a great vantage point of the Northern Railyard.

[smg id=790]

[smg id=791]

Take out the sniper and watch for mercs behavior. If they still have their guns on their shoulders, nobody knows the sniper is dead (tip: shoot in the head so they don't scream)

[smg id=792]

[smg id=794]

Keep crouched and go around the railyard through the slope on the eastern flank till you get close the railcar where the box is. You might have to take out one or two guys if you are not patient enough to wait for them to leave.

[smg id=793]

[smg id=789]

Grab the box and leave unseen. Take the same route you took on your way in, or go upslope to the east or keep going north. When they realise some of their comrades are dead, you'll be long gone  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

cool... I think I always did it in plain daylight and with various types of grenade launchers... have to try it your way, next time  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheFishlord

I tried this a while back using only stealth, and damn it took me near two hours to get in and out without being seen. That place requires supernatural timing not to be seen...Difficult but doable...I like to call myself the "Silent Killer" in my latest playthrough - nobody I've shot so far has seen me yet.

Art Blade

everyone who saw me can't tell anyone anymore  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Well, I did shot a couple of guys to get to the box faster, only they never raised the alarm and when their bodies were found, I was long gone  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

nice w@&k JRD.  I still think this was my only successful stealth and "no kill" mission.  It was a heart pumping exercise.  It wasn't being humane not to kill them but I knew my lousy aiming would've sent off the alarm and ruined the "stealth" part...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I really like the railroad yard - have tried many approaches, but the most recent was a stupid one.  I parked my Unimog on the road by the foot path leading to the overlook and then started sniping, flare gunning, etc until everyone was dead.  I then intended to continue from the rail yard to help Paul with his train wreck. Only then I realized that I'd probably left my vehicle too far to drive it to the rail yard without everyone re-spawning.  I went back to drive it up the foot path and yep - the area had re-spawned and I was out of flares and darts.

Just then I remembered an ammo cache inside the large building and decided to try to sneak down and get some.  On the way I used the MP5 to ignite propane cans, yellow barrels and even the large propane can on the loading dock.  It was great fun because the mercs had no idea how the fires were starting due to the silent weapon.

Tags:
🡱 🡳