Jackal Tapes

Started by PZ, June 09, 2009, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

JRD is correct about freeing the buddy counting as a mission, which then cancels your other mission.

As to the Jackal tapes, I too seem to hear the same recording with each tape I collect.  Not sure if it happened with the last patch though.

retiredgord

On the subject of the jackal tapes I'm on PS3 and they all have the boot story.  I'm not sure but they may play different when done thru the journal.  It seems my first playthru thought I heard different stories, but that was a long time ago  and a play thru far away.  That line seems familiar.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Never had any buddy shoot at me, nor ambush me.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: retiredgord on June 09, 2009, 11:26:55 AM
On the subject of the jackal tapes I'm on PS3 and they all have the boot story.  I'm not sure but they may play different when done thru the journal.  It seems my first playthru thought I heard different stories, but that was a long time ago  and a play thru far away.  That line seems familiar.

On my PS3 plays through, each tape played differently when I picked it up.

Art Blade

ah, the tapes... made me think too, recently. It was before the patch, I think, that I started to finally collect them all, so I got them in a short time. I too wondered wth, didn't I just hear that tape the last time? and it happened again, and again.

I also wondered, apparently I got them all now, but there are a few missing (counts from 0 (lol) to 15 I think, and there is a gap around 9-12 or so. like 2 or 3 missing. Then I remembered that Reuben asked, still in the north, before completing the Leboa part, if I had some tapes for him (which I had) so I reckon you "give" him what you got so far, and those might be the ones I'm lacking now.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

But even when you give Reuben the tapes they are available for you on your notepad.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

ah ok, then I seem to have missed a couple... argh! searching both Leboa and Bowa again!  :-\ ;)

JRD

Wait...
Leboa - 8 tapes (1 for each sector except Pala) + the one Reuben gives you at the beginning (must be tape nº 0)
Bowa - 8 tapes (1 for each sector except SE).
Gives you 17 tapes - from 0 to 16
Oh well... I just saw you said 16 tapes (from 0 to 15)... you must be one tape short then  :(

Art Blade

i haven't looked into it since, but I know I've got a gap in the middle. thanks for your efforts :-X , it's not really a riddle, more likely I simply missed a few. Will search both areas again... then tell you if I still have a gap.

JRD

I know what you mean... I am finishing my diamond hunting and just realised I'm in the same situation as you... 15 tapes, 2 to go  :(
And the worst part is that they don't show up in the in-game map, so you don't know which one is missing  :'(

Art Blade

exactly  ;D

I tried using those maps of D_B as a desktop background, then went from left to right, up to down, all the time across the country. I was quite sure I did it systematically... still, somehow managed to skip a couple.

JRD

=============HORROR=============

Had 15 tapes.
Found another one... STILL WITH 15 tapes according to my notepad  :'(

Art Blade

ROFL - I bloody know that!! as if the game was cheating on us!

JRD

I splitted this talk about the Jackal Tapes from this topic because I believe we better  discuss it here  ;)

================================================

So... now I'm stuck... did the mission where you meet Reuben at Mike's, but he didn't ask for any aditional tapes. I'm supposed to meet him at the airstrip now (can't remember exactly what comes next, but I'm pretty sure I'm about to begin the Heart of Darkness)
Man... think I'll re-check all tapes location with D_B's maps to be sure I got them all  :'(
Just got 1,000 diamonds, bought everything there is to buy, scouted all GP and unlocked all safehouses (which I didn't on my 1st playthrough)... can't leave with that doubt  :(

Art Blade

:-X  ;D Only here at OWG we have a real Moedrator helping a moderator  ;) cheers

JRD

You're welcome...  :-X

KingRat

Well, I'm stuck on 10 tapes no matter how many I pick up in Bowa. They all play the same message and don't add to my total.

That said, I ran into some major glitches I'm going to start another thread about :D

DKM2

I'm not liking the sound of this 1.03 patch.
I haven't tried much SP since i got into the online part of FC2.
I was thinking of starting a new SP, but if its going to be incomplete, maybe not.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

The tape issue is the only major flaw that I've noticed on the PS3 end of things - have not had enough time with the PC version to really make a determination.

JRD

I didn't install the new patch, but have the tapes glitch, so I don't think the patch has something to do with it  :(

DKM2

Quote from: JRD on June 10, 2009, 10:56:31 AM
I didn't install the new patch, but have the tapes glitch, so I don't think the patch has something to do with it  :(
:o  How can that be? 
We've all played a few times through and its never came up before.
4+ times I've been through my checklist, I'd have noticed!

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWv53OJ-ydI
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

I wasn't collecting all tapes before, so if it did happen, I may not have noticed  :(

But I'm 100% sure I didn't install the new patch (afraid of new bugs  ::)) and my gaming PC is not connected to the net, so no auto updates too.

PZ

I'll see if I can get some time on the PC today and check for Jackal tapes (if Guns of Juarez is not in the store).

My PC is connected to the 'net and does all updates, plus I installed patch v1.03

Art Blade

I was never into collecting all tapes until now, so I can't really tell.

PZ

Good news and bad...
I just collected 3 Jackal tapes, each one of them unique: Infamy, Smuggling, and Circulation (that's the good news).  Below is what I used to collect these tapes:

• One of Art's saved games started before v1.03 patch install
  • The Fortunes Pack is installed
  • Patch 1.03
  • Vista64, SP2
The bad news - no explanation for why the Jackal tape glitch occurs on my PS3.

Tags:
🡱 🡳