Jackal Tapes

Started by PZ, June 09, 2009, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Well, it's 17 for sure....8 on each map + the one Rueben gives you in the beginning. I keep forgetting the first one is #0, but I left Leboa with 0-9 which would be 10 ;D

In the Prima guide, "stealing boots" is listed as #9, but I have it as #10....... :D

Guess I'll run an earlier save and see what I can find.....anyone remember "They're comming to take me away HaHa"  ;D

PZ

More bad news regarding the Jackal tapes on the PS3 - started a brand new game some time ago hoping that a fresh start would fix the tape issue - it did not.

I collected 4 tapes in Leboa: 00, 01, 02, 03 after which the tape number jumped to 09, skipping all the tapes between.  You guessed it, tape 09 is the kid with the shotgun recording, so it looks like the Jackal tape issue is present in v1.04 patch for the PS3.

KingRat

never had an issue with the tapes on my 360, however it has never been connected to the 'net so I'm running the original unpatched version....if there were patches for 360.

I'll be switching from satellite ISP to Charter HSI next week, maybe then I'll get the 360 hooked up :)

PZ

It is interesting to note that with each subsequent update, my copies of FC2 seem to have problems associated with them.  Like you, my original FC2 installation did not have any problems that I encountered.

KingRat

Guess I wasn't paying much attention to the tape numbering system. This is what screwed me up>

1 00.Infamy
2 01.Smuggling .....now the P-Tapes just go>

1 The Moroccan

At least I got this settled in my own head, and I gave up on the glitches..... ???  ;D

Burawura

Hello OWG! first post here, I am an avid FC2 single player and have just recently started playing multi on DK Jackal server.

I too have had the same problem with the Jackal tapes getting stuck on tape #9 (kid & boots) playback.  At first I thought that the 1.03 patch in the middle of my game caused the issue, but you guys seem to have disproven that theory.

My other theory is that for some reason in 1.03, if you don't hand over the act 1 tapes to Ruben at the bar prior to going to the south map, then the tapes get stuck on #9.  I've started a new game with Xianyong but it's gonna be awhile before I can test this theory...do any of you guys have save games that could be used to test this? 

Thanks, and cheers, FC2 is a great game with perhaps the most replayability of any single player game I have tried yet.

JRD

Hello Burawura and welcome to OWG!!

Quote from: Burawura on September 05, 2009, 07:30:18 AM
FC2 is a great game with perhaps the most replayability of any single player game I have tried yet.

You are absolutely right... we have members on their 15th or so playthrough and still want more  ;D ;D ;D

As for the savegames, check our download section. We have great contributions of our members there.

Cheers!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Hello Burawura, nice you made it to our site - welcome, mate :)

What you need seems to be a savegame with all tapes of Leboa but before entering Bowa. I reckon you're going to hand over all tapes and move on, and the next tape in Bowa should lift the curse? :)

I never much cared of those tapes, so I have neither a savegame to upload nor to test it on my machine. At least I don't know about it... there are more than thousand savegames on my PC lol

Anyone who does not upload a suitable savegame, fancy testing Burawura's theory or telling us about your experience? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's an interesting thought - if we had a saved game that was beyond the kid with the shotgun tape, would the glitch still be manifested.  I don't think I have one, but I'll check.

Good to see another avid FC2 player Burawura - I hope you find many useful tips that will stimulate further adventures.  Keep posting your adventures - personally, I like reading everyone's adventures even if they are similar to ones that others have posted.  I guess that the new posts do something to stimulate fond memories that might trigger additional thoughts and comments.  Welcome to OWG :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: KingRat on June 10, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
Well, I'm stuck on 10 tapes no matter how many I pick up in Bowa. They all play the same message and don't add to my total.

Now it hit me, too. First tape in Bowa on that isle where you get on the barge, boot tape. Next tape near Weelegol, didn't add to my list but played the boot story.  :D

By the way, I got all 9 tapes in Leboa, and handed them over, then went on with the story.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on January 19, 2010, 02:51:41 PM
Quote from: KingRat on June 10, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
Well, I'm stuck on 10 tapes no matter how many I pick up in Bowa. They all play the same message and don't add to my total.

Now it hit me, too. First tape in Bowa on that isle where you get on the barge, boot tape. Next tape near Weelegol, didn't add to my list but played the boot story.  :D

By the way, I got all 9 tapes in Leboa, and handed them over, then went on with the story.

I wonder if Ubi will ever bother with another patch?

JRD

Nah... over a year after release and with other big titles hitting the stores?
Very unlikely!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Doesn't really look like it. Creating a patch for the tapes alone would be nice though :) Maybe include the DLC... for free.  ;D

wexer9

The Jackal tape glitch is very annoying; it is the reason I have never been able to collect all of the tapes. :-\

Art Blade

Same here. When I could have, I wouldn't, and when I wanted, I couldn't. Well, I did pick them all up, but they never showed on the list and always played that boot theme. Gah.

wexer9

Another thing to talk to Ubisoft about. :P

Art Blade

RedRaven

This problem / glitch with the tapes seems to be widespread, spent a bit of time hunting around the net to see if any one had a solution but all could find was other gamers reporting the same issue.

My memory is not perfect but I'm certain that before either patch 1.02 or 1.03 the audio was as it should be, and not just tape #10 over and over again. Even went so far as to un-install then re-install it but it automatically updated itself to 1.03 >:( .

Going to check it out on a friends PS3 this weekend incase its a universal cock up by Ubisoft, or just PC related.
  However I did find one gem during my search - the link below has ALL 17 tapes on it, so if you want to hear them you can.

ps- after listening to them it turns out my memory is not that bad as I have heard some of them before :-X

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I've the same experience - it was working perfectly on both PS3 and PC for me before the updates.  After the patch was applied, it was broken on both platforms for me.

RedRaven

Figured you had the same issue PZ, saw your post and OWG link on one of the forums was searching through. Think DKM2 was there too. :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Probably some time ago - I've not been visiting other boards much because the membership here is probably the most knowledgeable on the Internet - no need to go elsewhere when the solution is usually in our own back yard (at least with issues that we have the potential of fixing on our own).

wexer9

Quote from: PZ on January 27, 2010, 09:16:18 AM
I've the same experience - it was working perfectly on both PS3 and PC for me before the updates.  After the patch was applied, it was broken on both platforms for me.

I'm pretty sure this was also my experience.

The most recent patch broke it, if I remember correctly.

Art Blade

Art Blade

Quote from: RedRaven on January 27, 2010, 09:06:43 AM
I did find one gem during my search - the link below has ALL 17 tapes on it, so if you want to hear them you can.

Excellent find, cheers matey  ;D :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: RedRaven on January 27, 2010, 09:06:43 AM
after listening to them it turns out my memory is not that bad as I have heard some of them before :-X

Same :) Turns out I don't recognise tapes 14+ so I must at least have got a few of them.

Funny sidenote, on tape #15 the Jackal is talking about APR and UFL"O" guys (mentions it twice in a very short time)  ;D Probably recorded before the game had its final polish  :)

And mandru: He also said "manning a CP" (unlike GP)  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳