Create a Merc War

Started by TheFishlord, June 05, 2009, 07:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Exactly what I was thinking - maybe some of these strange deaths are not really artificial dumbness after all - maybe they are one merc suddenly turning on another.  This really does get better every day as you learn the personalities of the mercs.

Art Blade

yes, it does, and adds to the fun :)

Maybe, what you said, mercs turning on another, is the reason we sometimes pass burnt-out GPs  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Argh. I somehow managed that two tribes befriended each other, the mercs from the locked safehouse (or, more precisely, one of them) with the CFMercs. One of the SHM got killed by CFM sometime before, on the broad road.

Funny side effect, they used a line I had heard only like two times during all my plying FC2 "He got the new guy, what was his name?" "His name was T.J." (after a reload and some fighting, the same -- cease-fire and that TJ-line)

I have to explain that every time I lured the SHM into CF, I used the broad road in the west.

When I happened upon the cease-fire "incident" one of the SHM stood in the small path in the back of the western part of the map, and all five CFM were packed into the sw part of the map. When the GPM arrived, it was 5CFM+1SHM vs 3GPM.

Strange  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Funny part is that I formerly tried to run down a merc or two as I passed through a GP or the arena, and now I swerve to miss them.  Wouldn't want to hurt the pedestrian that is likely to start a fight in the next area!  ;D

Art Blade

HAHA!! Me too, I even took some wild evasive action and slammed on the brakes to avoid running through one of them  ;D

Art Blade

I think what I described above, the Safehouse mercs joining with CF mercs or having the SHM shot by the CFM, caused the game to hiccup... the safehouse has no guards any more, shows on the map as unlocked, yet I can't get my hand on the door. I think I need to reload quite a bit back now...

So just be careful  :)

Art Blade

Quote from: TheFishlord on June 10, 2009, 06:02:11 PM
I have to stress the importance of the flare pistol

Silly me. I was shooting the flares all day long. Until I realised just now how helpful a night sky is for those flares to be seen from far away... I had reloaded my savegame to sort the closed safehouse problem, unlocked it, set the alarm to midnight and went back to CF. There I drove the local rusty datsun into the barn with the cocks (erm... uh... chickens? Hens!  ;D ) stuck some IEDs on the car and blew it up. The GPM arrived and a CFM shot a flare into the sky (not at the roof, this time).

For the first time at CF reinforcement arrived with a white AT... and ran over one of the GPM. They were friendly with the CFM and shot the remaining GPM.

LOL

PZ

Good one - I need to try that one out!   :-X

Creating merc wars is one of my favorite past times now, and I'm always looking for GPs/ATPs/areas that overlap so that a war might be created.

Art Blade

same here... can't drive past CF without something evil in mind  ;D

Art Blade

Merc War at Goka Falls
[smg id=1092 align=center width=400]

Completely unexpected, I was just escaping by boat from Goka Falls "kill the leader mission," when I heard gunshots way behind me, as you can see in the pic (I returned with ignoreplayer cheat) the boat house merc(s) shoot at the mercs to the right who were following me down the track. If you look closely, one is in the line of fire to the right, on a lit rock, diagonally and close to the right of the crate on the boat house deck, you see blood and legs hehe

PZ

Fantastic shot - I'm going to remember that one next time I visit Goka.  I usually kill the two mercs at the shack before I go up the hill.

TheFishlord

Quote from: Art Blade on July 25, 2009, 05:28:14 PM
Merc War at Goka Falls
[smg id=1092 align=center width=400]

Completely unexpected, I was just escaping by boat from Goka Falls "kill the leader mission," when I heard gunshots way behind me, as you can see in the pic (I returned with ignoreplayer cheat) the boat house merc(s) shoot at the mercs to the right who were following me down the track. If you look closely, one is in the line of fire to the right, on a lit rock, diagonally and close to the right of the crate on the boat house deck, you see blood and legs hehe

Nice, I always figured that since it's the hiring faction ambushing you after the leader is dead, they would fight - but I've never seen it before. I also have to add another to the list - the Prison road patrol and the ammo post to the NE.

Also, maybe a random chance - but the Mosate Selao mercs shot at the unmarked guard post directly to the west of the town. I know each of the mercs in town is part of one faction (the town isn't like its own faction) but I don't know how to tell. I believe it was UFLL that chased me from the town out to that post.

Art Blade

Actually that Goka "war" was the only one I could ever start apart from always working CockFights.

PZ

Same here regarding the CockFight arena - that's the only place I have been able to document a real merc war.  Will refine my technique though, perhaps with the trainer.  :-X

Art Blade

CF, I found you can explode an IED at the outer GP and the CF mercs will come running for it. So it doesn't matter whom you lure into doing what, both sides w@&k nicely ;)

PZ

I keep forgetting about the IEDs - will need to use the ignoreplayer cheat, set IEDs at places that I'd expect should w@&k, jump to a high position to watch and see what happens.  In Bowa, the outpost and the un-named GP to the west are good potential.

Art Blade

IEDs are practical because you can sneak in unnoticed, place one, and get out. Then find a proper spot to watch and... Boom! :) Popcorn time  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳