Practicing something new with the mercs that chase me in their vehicles...

Started by PZ, April 11, 2009, 08:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

You guys might have already thought of this, but here goes:  I was driving from the Marina bar in Bowa along the eastern road toward the airport - came upon the Datsun merc that patrols on the west side of the bridge - he backed up and I blew past him, which of course irritated him to no end - he immediately gave chase.  With quick glances backward, I saw him catching up and just when he passed, I slammed on my brakes and he flew past me - surprised the heck out of him I guess...  Concurrently, I jumped up to the gun turret and before he could even recover from his shock, I managed to blast him right out of his seat!  I'm going to keep practicing this one - kind of fun playing with the vehicles that chase you...

On an aside, the truck I was in was the one parked at the armory - used it the entire time to do the airport assassination mission, and when completed made my way back to the bar.  There was no truck spawned there so again this was an instance where the re-spawn is not quite what one might expect.

If you have other strange re-spawn events, please post them for all to read - it might be nice to use these kinds of events to our advantage.

spaceboy

Nice.  I always pull the 180 and start shooting at them but by the time I jump up to the gun, they're pretty much stopped.  I'll have to try to this.  It's a little "Return of the Jedi" on the speederbikes if my memory serves me right.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

DKM2

South of Mokuba going towards the airfield there is a road that has a cliff on one side.
I haven't been successful yet, but I usually try and drive him over the side.
It's hard when he's shooting at you though, just for fun I should try it with the Trainer.

I think I've only ever out run one before, north of Cattle Xing, blasting off road
towards the North railyard. Lots of rocks and trees in there makes it a rough ride.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

You're correct spaceboy, and another movie is Topgun where Maverick put the brakes on his F14 and let the Mig-29 zoom right past, then gunned him down...

DKM2 - I know the road you're speaking of and there is another one to the south of it leading to the underground house.  Mercs were coming head-on and I blasted by them.  They turned around and drove themselves off the cliff - very funny indeed to see them on a ledge half way down mad as heck...  Original post link

Art Blade

Top gun... lol

Have you tried that: while being chased, I reached a bridge. In mid way I bailed out allowing my car to drive on, making room for the predators. I jumped off the bridge and stayed right below in the water. On top, the mercs got confused and tried to navigate back and forth to run me over (ironic, hehe) and then I watched them break through the wooden side of the bridge, and drop right off of it. I was stunned for a moment when they drowned themselves in front of me, apparently just trying to impress me.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

... thats another good one I need to try - your ideas have sparked renewed enthusiasm in exploring new things to do!

retiredgord

I can't wait to start my second time.  You folks have been giving everyone such cool and devious things to try.  It's a great group to read on how to try others things and make the game truly different each time played. 
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

You're absolutely correct retiredgord, this is the best bunch of guys I've ever met in forums - receive new ideas each day that makes me eager to revisit the game.  I hope that we can continue this camaraderie with other games when they come out - one I'm eagerly anticipating is Warhound.

Zomby Woof

That's an awesome idea PZ, I'm gonna try that one out tonight.  Here's something i've been doing since I got the dlc.  If you have it, you'll get a quad at the southeast bus stop.  Whenever I run into the guy in the datson I make sure to get ahead of him, and bait him a bit (if you stay on the gas you'll lose him).  He'll chase you down the road toward the marina bar, and if you time it right you can make a hard left as soon as you see light and jump the quad off of the ramp shaped rock (right above the bar) and onto the dock.  If you get lucky, you can turn around in time to watch the datson tumble down the rocks!  Silly merc, jumps are for quads.

PZ

Great story Zomby Woof, every time one of you guys talk about that ATV, i become envious!   ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Cool ideas, have to keep all them in mind.

Weird respawn thing: I parked my grenade truck at the guardpost at the end of the big railroad bridge at the rail xing. I had already killed all the guards and went down to the river to get the diamond at the falls. When I got back, my truck was gone, the guard post was still devastated by my grenade attack earlier, and there was one lone guard there. Strange.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

Oh man Zomby Woof, thanks for the tip on the ATV jump,  I love looking for jumps with it but never found anything as huge as that must be (and to get the Datsun to follow you must be epic).
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Zomby Woof, you inspired me, cheers :) I don't have any DLC, so I tried it anyway using my grenade truck. I actually managed to erm, tumble down right behind Mikey's bar and "park" the car behind the small wall next to the explosives. It was easy to get to the bar from there, on foot, the car remains parked there forever. Of course I had to reload, but it was fun :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Just had another laugh with the southeast Bowa Datsun mercs - was returning to the marina after finding a GL truck at the airport when I saw the Datsun coming toward me - we played chicken for a few seconds when I turned slightly and shot past him.  Naturally he turned and gave chase.  I deliberately slowed allowing him to come up by my side and then I slammed on the brakes, then backed down the road.  Predictably, he turned and came at me again.  Just as he stopped in front of my truck and stepped out, I took off again, laughing, of course.  Looking back, I expected him to have given chase again, but nothing... Perplexed, I just had to return to the scene of the crime to investigate - he had driven right into the lake!  (Man, I'm glad that I don't drive a Datsun...)

Art Blade

funny story :) Why, Datsun drivers may even win against a gren truck...

[smg id=187]

We both collided full speed, his car slipped under my car and I flipped over. He was obviously sorry, so I didn't shoot him this time. I don't think you want to try that, do you :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳