Farcry 3

Started by Phil-318, June 05, 2009, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

The GPS could display a digital watch too  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I'd like to be able to push my vehicle whenever I want (right now, sometimes it gets stuck but I can't get the hand symbol that allows pushing it back on track) Would make for some extra fun to push parked merc vehicles into really bad places ;) or, off a cliff with them  still inside  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheFishlord

I agree with preeeetty much everything here. Mine are:

-Tanks in game. Old Russian tanks like the BMP3 or something, and you can only drive in one position, shoot in the other. Add a storyline with the Jackal or whoever to explain how they got a limited supply of these beasts.
-I was going to say flamethrowers, but then me the dumb(*^% remembered we already had them...so...
-Better melee options. I.E. throw them off a cliff, beat them to death with a lead pipe, bash their face in with your rifle butt, etc...

Art Blade

- release the game after you have patched it at least five times. BUG-FREE that is  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

I can't find anything even semi concrete about a possible FC3, but i have my fingers and toes X'ed that it will happen. 8)

Here's my ideas...

African setting is fine, lets do it again, or possibly central/South America, fighting those narsty drug cartels.

More civilians, icluding women and children. the countryside should NOT be so deserted.

Missions where you have to rescue un armed hostages, etc

using diamonds to bribe mercs.

Adjustable respawn times, say 30 mins on easy, 25 on normal, 20 on HC, and 10 on Infamous, or summat like that.

A motorcycle and bicycle as well as the usual vehicles.

More interesting stuff to buy @ the gun shops. Once i got my preferred loadout, i have zip to spend my diamonds on. Currently, @ 88%, i have over 400. I'd like to be able to buy better weapons, and especially ammo upgrades earlier on but perhaps the gun guy could charge more early on and less later on. IE: The MGL 140, 50 diamonds in Act 1, and 35, or whatever in Act 2 where it is now.

But i would like to see ammo upgrades unlocked earlier in the game. Try playing into Act 2 on Infamous with only 4 darts. >:(

More animals. The savanna is cool, with antelope and so on, but the rivers are dead. No fish? No hippos with their heads poking out? Say you're racing down a river at night, and you hit a hippo accidently, and you go flying into the water near crocs!!!(or is it alligators in Africa?)

I like many of the other's suggestions as well. This game has so much potenrial, i just hope we DON'T see any sign of mutants, aliens, monsters, freaks, or zombies!!

I am a man with guns and i want to fight men with guns. End of.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

Quote from: Ricamundo on June 14, 2009, 03:52:55 AM
Adjustable respawn times, say 30 mins on easy, 25 on normal, 20 on HC, and 10 on Infamous, or summat like that.

That probably is a request of 10/10 FC2 players.
Unfortunately I don't think they'll do it... not with that game engine, that is.
They say the game "flushes" an area once you move far enough of it so you can play a huge map with no load time. If you move away from, lets say, a GP leaving everybody dead, the engine flushes that info as soon as you are on a certain distance and if you come back 2 minutes latter, they'll be there as if nothing has happened. This way you can never adjust the respawn time as it is not a function of time, but distance instead  :(

What I'd like to see is a storyline where you fight on one side first... if you wake up on an UFLL HQ after escaping Pala, then you play the UFLL storyline and only APR soldiers attack you (at least half the GP would let you pass unharmed). You chenge side afterwards, of course, and then only UFLL guards would shoot at you...maybe, when they join forces in the end they'll all could try to kill you, but only near the end!!!

Central and South America would be cool too... maybe other places in the world like Tibet, Vietnam, Coreia, Siberia, Rocky Mountains,Patagonia, Australia

tehsam016

Dont know if it's been said already but if so it needs a 2nd opinion.
Multi-platform multiplayer
In laments terms, being able to play with other people online no matter what console they are playing on.

and like Ricamundo mentioned more animals, like snakes, giraffes, lions, etc. This picture pretty much sums it up:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
  ;D

Art Blade

(don't know why, but your post escaped my "recent posts" and "latest posts" checks)

Funny guy, that lion... almost looks a giraffe, yet the smell of his breath undoubtedly gives him away ;D

Every once in a while, when driving through FC2, I think it would be awesome to see a lion out there, or given chase by one  :) Might end up baiting one to a nearby guardpost and watch the New Roman Circus with its merc-gladiators fighting the beast.

Ah, almost forgot: We have several topics that deal with that question, across the site. In general I think it should be "one game", so everyone should be able to participate, no matter what platform.

PZ

There seems to be random problems with the "Unread" posts link - sometimes I know that I've not seen a post, but it does not show up in Unread posts.  Mostly the navigation menu at the left with the colored dots seems to w@&k.

Art Blade

It's only so much easier to click  ;) I knew about that flaw, but usually I somehow find those posts by mere accident  ;D

PZ

By any chance, do you sign in via more than one computer?  I was thinking that might be the cause of part of the problem - just guessing though.  However, it seems like when I use only a single computer, I don't experience the missed posts that much.

Art Blade

only one. And it rarely happened to me. As far as I am aware, that is  ;D ;D ;D

tehsam016

I think of this almost every time I'm around water in FC2, but bodies should really float like the first Far Cry. I loved how blood would just dissipate around the floating bodies in the first. I just don't understand why they didn't carry that feature over to this one. Kind of kills immersion for me whenever i'm fighting around water. It could also be used tactically by having some bodies distract a boat on patrol while you sneak by.

JRD

One think occurred me last week... BOOMERANGS... FC3 could have boomerangs  ;D ;D
A long range melee weapon  ;)

Oh, well... just a thought  ::)

tehsam016

or a traditional bow and arrow :). I liked the crossbow, but wished you could use regular arrow tips. Woulda been sweet to pin a merc up to a tree ;D.

Art Blade

whoa, boomerangs, bows - count me in!  :-X

PZ

I like it... both of them... basically anything silent is really cool.  :-X

mmosu

How about stages on the IED remote, meaning you could set explosives in waves and detonate them sequentially in a more controlled fashion rather than all at once.  Imagine the "herding" and trap setting possibilities!  ;)

Also, this is a really picky thing, but who walks around for miles and miles through empty country side with their weapon held straight out in front of them?!  After a brief period of inactivity, the weapon should return to a more neutral position similar to how it's carried in the cease-fire zones.

I agree with the bow and arrow thing, a Rambo- style compound bow with razor sharp broadhead tips would be awsome.

There also needs to be a range-finder function, either included with or seperate from the monacle - would make for a lot less guess w@&k using the mortar and way more precise booms.

tehsam016

How about a repel kit of some kind? Would be awesome to scale mountains/repel back down to get the best sniper positions.

JRD

tehsam016... you should check th Warhound board we have here  ;)

Long story short is: you are a mercenary and can take jobs from all over the world. Manage your budget to purchase new weapons and gadgets and learn to climb, snipe and handle explosive to upgrade your merc status and accept more missions... sounds good?
I agree  ;D
So far, release date is TBA, but luckily, sometime in your winter  :)

KillerZ

I would love an option to silently kill the mercs with the machete...  sneak up behind and run him thru or grab him from behind and slit the throat to keep them from crying out and perserve the stealth attack.

JRD

I'd like to carry bodies away, so once you successfully stealth kill a merc, you won't have the alarm raised by someone finding his body  8)

RedRaven

carrying bodies would be great, could pile them up and wait for the look of horror on someones face when they go lookinkg for their mates.
Machete that is of real practical use would be handy.
as would ability to add scopes / silencers etc to weapons.

Also for sake of vanity a "kills" score on stat sheet.

PS... like your new avatar JRD, looks like Olive Oil from a distance :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 12, 2009, 09:33:34 AM
PS... like your new avatar JRD, looks like Olive Oil from a distance :)

Olive Oil? Really? hahahahaha  ;D
I'm not sure how popular is this character... Beetle Bailey is the original name I guess... his comic books and sunday newspaper strips reminds me my childhood!!!

Art Blade

made me chuckle too, that "olive oil-JRD"  :) I remember that comic character too, quite some time now... hahaha  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳