Farcry 3

Started by Phil-318, June 05, 2009, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Indeed - I'd say that virtually all members would at least try the game.  Personally, I'd like to see the FC2 theme (Africa) with a map as large and diverse as JC2.  In fact, if we ended up with a game that was a union of FC2 and JC2, I'd be set for a long time.   ;)

Art Blade

yes, and yes, and yes. :)

It was a good time when we all  played the same game (FC2) -- a lot of posts back then :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I remember - everyone contributed to the betterment of the whole - was lots of fun.  :-X

eor123

I predict that Far Cry 3 will be set in Central or South America and will involve waring drug cartels.

The Jackal will make a reappearance and we will have the same mission goal. Neither of us was confirmed dead at the end of FC2.

I would enjoy getting in on the ground floor with fellow gamers here. I was pretty late to the FC2 party.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

JRD

I remember reading something about the devs willing to keep the story in Africa... but that's all rumours so far and we can only expeculate!

Both FarCry games fetured one thing: a beautyful landscape. When the first title came out one of the edvs said he had the idea of creating a FPS in a tropical island while on vacations in the Carribean, he thought the contrast between the beautyful surrounding and the adrenalin of a shooter would be a breath of fresh air!

Africa as depicted in FC2 is not exactly the place for vacations neither can be considered a paradise, but the looks is great!  8)

We can expect jawdropping scenarios and beautiful lights next time!  :-X :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I think no matter what it will be in the end, we will all get the game. And then start to collectively post about it :) That I'm looking forward to. :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

FC3 would be an easy pick when the time comes as a new game.   8)

What would I like to see in it?

In any war torn area the local wildlife would be so shy of humans they would flee at the hint of our presence.  I wouldn't mind seeing some of the animals people have posted about through the thread but I've no interest in sneaking up on a location setting up an ambush and kneeling on a bushmaster or black mamba, thank you very much.

FC2 kind of surprised me me with having a starving population and yet there was the incongruous presence of so many very edible game animals wandering around but I liked having them there as long as they weren't going out of their way to intentionally ram me in my AT so I had to stop and repair it.

Climbing and being able to pick up things and manipulate them (like the previously mentioned IED decorated truck load of propane tanks  :-D  :-X) would be a real plus.

Burnable things should burn and buildings besides just garages should be reducible to rubble.

More varied mercs, more personality types and much much more merc chatter.

Two mercs on post at night.

Merc 1: "Hey Sarge, you ever really look at the stars?"

Merc 2: "Funny, the last idiot to ask me that question finished his sentence with his head exploding from a sniper bullet.  Get your attention back in the game, I don't want to have to scrub your brains out of my uniform too."

I'd also like to be able to identify the merc carrying the flare gun before I start a strike on an objective.

Besides the scattered junk vehicles I'd like to see bomb craters in heavily contested areas.  They can be grown over but they should still be there.

There's too many things to list all in one post.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mmosu

Indeed, there's a trail of "wishlist" threads running through the middle of OWG as a testament to that!

Art Blade

fragger

FC2 really brought us all together initially. Since we've all played the dickens out of it, we've gone off on our own gaming tangents according to our individual tastes and preferences - sometimes singly, sometimes in groups. Which is certainly not a bad thing as it makes for diversity and interesting reading, but it would be cool if FC3 is developed and it brought us all back onto the same "page" again for a while. I do sort of miss the common conviviality that was present when we were all shooting the same bad guys ;D Don't get me wrong, I don't think OWG has lost any of its appeal since gravitating away a little from FC2 - that was inevitable since weren't going to be playing it forever - but a return to the days of a popular core game interest would be much fun, I think.

As for wishlists, mine is simple. I just want the best game ever :-D

PZ

Well put, fragger  :-X

One thing that is still a common area for us is the off-topic board where we find all kinds of things to discuss.  One of these days when I get some time, I'm going to upload some of my real-life travel photos so that other OWG members can see what we do for fun in the pacific northwest.  :-X

Art Blade

I hope you're not shooting randomly at anybody for fun over in the pacific northwest ;D

PZ

lol, no - gaming fun is definitely different from "real-life" fun  :)

Art Blade

yeah, yeah, enough punching their lights out, eh  ;D

No, seriously. I bet you're going to show a LOT of food-related stuff  ;)

PZ

Yeah, I think so - food and drink are large parts of my enjoyment of life.  :-X

Art Blade

My only constant enjoyment of life has been computer gaming  ;D

PZ

You should get out more, my friend!  :-()

Art Blade

I do. I even freak out.  ;D

ninzza

- I like the African setting but bigger.
- More factions,
- Better, deeper story

- More weapons, weapon customization
- Civilians
- More inteactions with buddies,

- More vehicles
- More animals (lions, elephants, cheetahs, alligators ... who attack you and the mers as well as other animals.
- Firefights between factions, random events like in RDR.

PZ

Quote from: ninzza on February 06, 2011, 12:39:46 PM
- Firefights between factions...
All good suggested features - this one we sometimes experience in FC2 - using Art's merc wars game save.  I also experienced this in my corrupted game - the one on the PS3 where everyone is extremely hostile to me - they are also hostile to each other at times.

Art Blade

you could offer your savegame and, err, call it "modded" rather than "corrupted"  :-()

PZ

^+-+
Yeah, I might try to figure out how to get a PS3 save game online just for kicks  :-()

mmosu

You could probably just save it to a USB drive and transport it to your PC - that's how I do my Borderlands modding on PS3

mandru

Quote from: ninzza on February 06, 2011, 12:39:46 PM

Firefights between factions....

Wow!   :-X

I envision a mission centering on meeting a goal within a contested zone with a full blown firefight raging all around where either side would see you as enemy.

There's some very interesting potential in that line of thought.   8)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

RedRaven

Just found this on Wikipedia

According to the Official Playstation Magazine, Far Cry 3 was due for release at the end of 2011 as the following quote suggested "Start taking the malaria medicine in preparation: Far Cry 3 could be arriving before the end of the year."[/size]This statement was withdrawn in next months edition where it was stated that the game would be shown on 2011's E3 and that the release date would be bumped back to 2012

Apologies if its already been mentioned elsewhere in OWG, but thought you would all like to know ;)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳