Farcry 3

Started by Phil-318, June 05, 2009, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil-318

This is just a speculative topic, but this type of topic sometimes gets very interesting on other website boards.  The question is:  What do you want to see in the (theoretical) next installment of the Farcry series?  And where should it take place?
"No...No...I just want to go home.  I don't want to die.  I just want to go home."

JRD

Thats cool Phil-318
Sometimes it turns into a funny whishlist...
OK, here are my thoughts:

1 - I want to cast a shadow (I know, I said it before, but it fits the thread  ;D )
2 - Customizable weapons. scopes and silencers could be purchased in the gun shop for some weapons and could be added or removed on-the-fly  ;)
3 - Deeper story and characters with more interaction with buddies (like you drive, they shoot and vice versa  ;) )
4 - You could be able to pick up and move some objects like barrels and propane tanks to fill a truck with them(D_B's idea  ;D )

Well, thats all I came up with right now. I wouldn't change too much in the game... I'd keep malaria, for instance.
As for a new location, anywhere, as long as they keep the eye candy  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

DKM2

Location, either stay in Africa, or back to the Jungle.
But no mutants, like those 4 limbed meatballs from the original Farcry.
A few levels after they showed up I quit playing.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

Good idea to start this topic, Phil-318 :)

In August 2008 at Game Convention, the devs hinted it might be Africa again. Now the E3 2009 is over, but haven't heard anything.

I wouldn't mind a place like O'ahu/Hawai'i, as in TDU  :)

I agree with DKM2, no monsters, please.

And I like JRD's ideas, and additionally I'd like to use a plane  ;D

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Oh yeah... NO MONSTERS, PLEASE!!!

Crysis was enough  >:(

spaceboy

-better buddy AI (I like JRD's idea)
-more branching storylines - an original article about FC2 had said something along the lines of having to either defend or destroy the pipeline which we know it's only destroy.
-better enemy interaction as far as choices or which side your working for...bribes, coersion, w@&k together, betrayal, etc. 
-don't change Michele (she's perfect the way she is) -ok, I actually love all the FC2 women - bring them back from beyond, or maybe they have sisters! 
-Which brings to mind having a playable character as a woman and the choice between diff characters matters to how the AI interact with you (even just a little).
-more destructible environments and buildings.
-a motorbike
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

good points, spaceboy

- if there are factions again, let them start some fights other than with the player (FC2: really silly, the whole country is divided and armed to the teeth, but the only one who really gets it all, is you)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on June 05, 2009, 08:17:52 PM
-better enemy interaction as far as choices or which side your working for...bribes, coersion, w@&k together, betrayal, etc. 
-Which brings to mind having a playable character as a woman and the choice between diff characters matters to how the AI interact with you (even just a little).
-more destructible environments and buildings.
-a motorbike

Can you read that devs??

Oh... shoot while driving would be awesome too!!!!!!

PZ

Great thread Phil-318,

I'll echo everyone's ideas so far - great ones.  For emphasis sake, no monsters (I really can't get into games where there are unbelievable things).  I love the music (have turned it on again), the crunch of dry grass, dirt, concrete beneath your feet.  I also really like the dilapidated appearance of everything - just like in a war torn country.  Here are a couple of things I'd like:

• Personally, I really like the African setting - love the deserts and Savannah - not to wild about the jungle (doesn't burn easily and too easy for the mercs to hide and ambush you)
  • Some kind of SDK where SP users could design their own missions to share with others.  This would of course include the ability to make SP maps.  Imagine having a bank of SP missions on our site - with the creativity evidenced by the members on OWG, I'd probably never stop playing the game.  Along the same lines, if UBI wants to release a DLC, design it so that there are additional SP missions and maps, not just MP.
  • By all means, cooperative play!  I'd love to get online with you guys, pile into a Unimog and/or other vehicles and storm the countryside on our mission quests.  Although death match is OK, it is not my favorite cup of tea.  (Sounds stupid, but I feel bad when shooting a "merc" online because I know there is another player on the other end disappointed that they had just been killed.)
  • A helicopter would be cool - I appreciate the hover ability.
  • Improve the way you move through the world - you've all experienced the small hills that you can't climb, when you should be able to based on experiences elsewhere in the map.
  • JRD already mentioned the weapons - not limit them to primary, secondary, tertiary types - make it possible to carry three weapons of your choice.
  • Be able to roam throughout the countryside without being acosted unless you are the one who starts the fight.
  • Have customizable settings in the options, for instance, re-spawn time.

spaceboy

excellent points PZ, I can't believe I forgot to mention Co-op.  Up to 4 player online co-op against enemy AI would be wicked fun.  And yes carrying 3 weapons of your choice would be great...but I do like the carry limit as I don't like having an unbelievable arsenal all in your backpack.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

deadman1

I agree with all of the above but I would like to have a chioce between single or burst/autofire on the assault rifles, some of the like the FN FAL are not so great when fired in the full auto mode.

JRD

I forgot to mention rate of fire. Thanks deadman  :-X

The AR16 shuld be full auto or single shot. That 3 shots burst is awful!!!

RedRaven

agree totally about AR16, if its gonna be semi-auto it should have the M203 grenade launcher attachment instead of the scope. would be nice to have silent sniper rifle too (other than dart rifle).
And be nice to drop grenades from hanglider (microlight would be fun too)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

DKM2

Oh no, not my AR16, its prefect!      8)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

DKM2 and dke58 comments perfectly illustrate why choice is a good thing in a game - take home lesson: customizable weapons are the key to success.  :-X

RedRaven

a set up like STALKER is good, variety of pistol/smg/assault & sniper rifle, rpg's and shotguns.

also choice of ammo for most weapons
and ability to mount scope/silencer/grenade launcher.

more stages of "Unlocking" equipment too so you cant get powerfull guns early on. (where as FC2 has just th 2 Act stages).
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

I would like to able to kill a merc with a couple of shots in the chest in close quarters using a powerful rifle like AR16... they all seem quite weak this way  :(

RedRaven

sniper rifles and shotguns seem to pack the biggest punch for that. solid slugs for the shotguns would be nice instead of just buckshot !

JRD

... but even the USAS 12, which I'm using more and more these days, are quite unnefective at mid range (let alone long range)

RedRaven

either run from cover to cover and blast em,

OR

Dragonov SVD (too much recoil with AS-50, and Old-School bolt action with M1903)

playing on highest difficulty at moment and sticking to Pistols , Machete and grenades/molotovs.
Very Challenging (oh, also using weapons that are in safe houses, but only as a last resort and they break easily so when i do use them its not for long)

deadman1

I want nightvision goggles :D

RedRaven

thats easy - adjust monitor settings (brighness / contrast etc)

not exactly same but good for night missions.

[smg id=748]

[smg id=747]

DKM2

I would've like to have seen more civilians, even just even walking
down the road once and while, and scatter screaming when the shooting starts.
Lots were walking to the airport at the start, even though we are told there
are no more planes, where'd they go.
And that Taxi driver! Wait till I find him, dumping me at the hotel like that, we need to talk about that.   >:(

Phil-318

Excellent.  I haven't had the motivation to use the internet for a few days, playing FC2 non-stop will do that to you, but great ideas.

I especially like the ideas of customizable weapons and the prospect of the AI fighting eachother on a regular basis. 

These are only my opinions but,
1)  I like the jungle, just the simple ambience does it for me.
2)  I had considered the idea about the use of aircraft in the game, but the problem is that the game can be difficult enough without the AI coming at you with helicopters.
3)  I have to admit, it broke my heart when I was ambushed in the end by my own "buddies".  I was falling in love with Michelle.  Trust me, I'm not a video game pervert, but that woman's body was just...WOW. :-[  I have since, on subsequent playthroughs, just started wasting my buddies instead of saving them.
"No...No...I just want to go home.  I don't want to die.  I just want to go home."

retiredgord

There are a lot of great ideas proposed here.
Myself I would like to able to clean/maintain your own
weapons like the buddies do at the end of their capers even if it's separate from the "sleep".
Would a sequence of eating be out of order, say "you eat" to restore some strength like the water bottle.
A distance finder either in the monocle or the weapons site.

The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳