PC Patch released

Started by Ricamundo, June 03, 2009, 10:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

The much awaited patch for PC is out. just fire up your game, and it'll d/l and install.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

RedRaven

cool, just seen a few refences to it on net but still cant find it to down load  :(
any ideas ? :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

DKM2

http://www.gamershell.com/news_77494.html

or direct from ubisoft
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/far_cry_2/far_cry_2_1.03.exe

This patch includes a lot of improvements for both single player and multiplayer mode; with better browsing features, more multiplayer game options, and other new additions in order to let you play the game, the way you want.

Single Player
Fix some random crash occurring during specific Malaria attacks
Fix health damage not following the difficulty level when switching difficulty during player's walkthrough
Fix some camera issue when using a mortar near a rock

Multiplayer
Add the possibility to play Rank matches on a selection of user maps
Add deaths in scoreboard
Balance current damage model
Show VIP on Scoreboard (for your team only)
Players can stay on the same host for consecutive matches in Ranked match
Add a Quick match button when selecting a map in the Map community
Fix vehicles spawning on their initial position immediately after being destroyed by an explosion
Fix client being disconnected from the host randomly and not being able to see it after that
Fix death message does not appear randomly
Fix some issues when interacting with objects
Fix bandolier doesn't always unlock extra ammo
Fix some bug when healing another player and getting wounded at the same time
Fix diamond gain in rank mode
Fix players don't get a request to keep a map after playing on a IGE map
DLC Fix some issues when using the crossbow

Dedicated server
Add remote control
Remove "shaky" interface
Reduce approximately 80% of CPU usage
Reduce approximately 50% of memory usage

Extra feature
Add a "hardcore mode" that will provide a new damage model where all weapons do much more damage to increase realism.

Many of the new features were requested by members of the community and we would like to thanks everyone for taking the time to communicate with us, we hope you will enjoy the improvements.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

To be honest.. patches sometimes mess the game up.
The fixes for SP are quite pointless to me, therefore, I would consider installing it if the "hardcore mode" is effective in SP too.
I've read about it on ubi's and as far as I understood, HC mode was effective for MP only  :(
Anyone knows if its good for SP as well?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

your an absolute star *****
cheers

even harder level - - - bring it on ;D

will let you know asap tonight if it kills install or if it all A o.k.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Hardcore is MP only, requested by MP gamers, to my knowledge.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Thanks... so no patch for me  :(
Don't want to risk having a new bug while trying to fix something doesn't bothers me at all  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

same here. They didn't say a thing about connectivity, so my problem (unable to connect) will remain.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

I went home for lunch after 12 and fired up the game, no update.
I wonder how this will bust up the MP servers people run,
most use the custom extender (3rd party) and a new interface is going to break it.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Dweller_Benthos

I'm not finding any no CD patches for it yet, so I don't see any need considering what they fixed in SP.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

DKM2

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 03, 2009, 11:11:26 AM
I'm not finding any no CD patches for it yet, so I don't see any need considering what they fixed in SP.
from what i seen on another aboard, people say its included in the patch. dunno.

Dweller_Benthos

That they have removed the CD check? I doubt that.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

RedRaven

didnt read it properly, thought difficulty was for both, never mind, its installed and the cab is just aout to drop me off in Pala,,,

RedRaven

workin fine so far, had a scary minute or two when it didnt seem to get signal keyboard but sorted itself out

Hacko

I fired up the game and it downloaded and installed ok. It doesn't do much for the SP side, but I am installing so that I can play MP when I want. :-X

DKM2

Quote from: Hacko on June 03, 2009, 12:00:21 PM
I fired up the game and it downloaded and installed ok. It doesn't do much for the SP side, but I am installing so that I can play MP when I want. :-X

still need the DVD?

RedRaven

managed to boot game uo and load last save with no disc, lets hope it lasts...

Hacko

Yup, mine asks for the DVD.

DKM2

LOL, so the score is 1 to 1 on the no disk game.

Art Blade

RedRaven

actually did re-start on pc, then disc clean up followed by defrag, another system restart and game still runs without disc.

Installed is the game,intel missions, DLC pack, patch 1.02 and 1.03. and thats it, no changes / cheats on profile.
my game system is NOT connected to the net incase that makes a difference to SP games ?

DKM2

okay, Since installing the patch, I no longer need the DVD in the drive! SP or MP.     :-X

Hacko

I take back what I said above, I CAN play it without the DVD in, since the new patch. I have Vista and didn't have my shortcut setup right. :-[

Art Blade

cool...

Hacko, is there a new option "hardcore" for SP, regarding difficulty level? My information is that it is only for MP.

RedRaven

hardcore is already in SP, still the same 4 options
(easy / normal / hardcore / infamous)

Tags:
🡱 🡳