PC Patch released

Started by Ricamundo, June 03, 2009, 10:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on June 03, 2009, 07:46:00 PM
hardcore is already in SP, still the same 4 options
(easy / normal / hardcore / infamous)

Yeah... I think Art meant the "Hardcore Mode" with the features of the new patch, like the new damage model where hits do more damage.
It works for MP only, as far as I (and Art) know.
I was hoping it could do the same for SP, but apparently no  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

JRD is right, I did mean the mode. They forgot the SP... isn't it sad...  :(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

As everyone said above, Hardcore mode is only for MP, but alot of peeps were asking for it on the other boards, so I guess they got what THEY want. Where are the SP improvements? ;)

Art Blade

Just for your information, we have an old topic in the "questions" board that contains a lot of questions regarding upgrading from patch 1.01 to 1.02, for example save games compatibility.

The topic is this one here ("patches")

Maybe some of them are interesting regarding the new patch 1.03 :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Foghorn Leghorn

What they SHOULD do is come out with a Hardcore Mode that is like Diablo 2 - where if you die, you're dead for good and have to start over.

THAT would be great!   8)

RedRaven

steady on there foggy-leg !
infamous is pretty hard, alot harder than hardcore.
the tutorial is always pretty easy to do, but got wasted 3 times doin it ! when more than 2 mercs are shooting at you from at least 2 different angles its not so easy to shoot back and hit, and use syrettes to keep alive (only get 3).

But thats why am loving it, making me re-think how to win each conflict (and still need to keep a finger close to the quick save button)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: dke58 on June 04, 2009, 04:55:07 AM
steady on there foggy-leg !
infamous is pretty hard, alot harder than hardcore.
the tutorial is always pretty easy to do, but got wasted 3 times doin it ! when more than 2 mercs are shooting at you from at least 2 different angles its not so easy to shoot back and hit, and use syrettes to keep alive (only get 3).

But thats why am loving it, making me re-think how to win each conflict (and still need to keep a finger close to the quick save button)

Oh, I'm well aware of how difficult Infamous is, and the planning involved to survive each mission (especially on PS3, where there are no quicksaves).  The second half on Infamous, where you have no "stealth"ability, is extremely difficult - I have no clue how the mortar launchers are spotting me from so far away, through dense foliage.

I was just reminiscing about the adrenaline rush I'd get in Diablo 2, when a Level 80+ character has their life bulb reduced to a sliver, knowing you have to start all over again at Level 1....  :o

RedRaven

reckon all the mercs must have "networked senses" so if 1 sees you thats it, they all know where you are

(they are actually Terminators not mercs ???
or they will come lookin for me!)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Quote from: Foghorn Leghorn on June 04, 2009, 09:12:32 AM
... when a Level 80+ character has their life bulb reduced to a sliver, knowing you have to start all over again at Level 1....  :o

Wow... I think that I'd have a cardiac and/or respiratory arrest...  perhaps even a CVA...

RedRaven

FoggyLeg says

Oh, I'm well aware of how difficult Infamous is, and the planning involved to survive each mission (especially on PS3, where there are no quicksaves).  The second half on Infamous, where you have no "stealth"ability, is extremely difficult - I have no clue how the mortar launchers are spotting me from so far away, through dense foliage.

wasnt having a go, just pulling your foggyleg a little (truely sincere apologies if was out of order with you)
as for doin it on PS3 with no quick saves - HOW you doin it?
i want to re-name you as "002 FOGHORN LEGHORN"
what kind of accuracy you getting ?
  ;D :-X ;D :-X ;D

Art Blade

Holy Moly, I think I'm either going blind or acquiring eye-cancer due to that red  8)

RedRaven

is that better old man ?

PZ

I can see it without glasses!   :-X

Dweller_Benthos

OK, so we are confirmed that the disc check has been removed? Guess I might as well update then.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on June 04, 2009, 11:02:04 AMis that better old man ?

I think I can see something now... yes... letters!  ;D ;D ;D

LOL, still chuckling (and about PZ's comment too)  :-X

RedRaven

ok, so whats grey and carries a big trunk?

PZ

Quote from: dke58 on June 04, 2009, 11:52:09 AM
ok, so whats grey and carries a big trunk?

... an old man on a holiday...

RedRaven

close but no cigar

it a mouse on holiday

thats good night from him
and its good night from me.

take it steady mercs...

Ricamundo

Woot! I can play sans DVD. Lovin that! Now my disc is safe n sound in its box.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

are the 1.02 savegames compatible with 1.03?

RedRaven

not had any probs with any of my saves (or yours) not loading.
only thing have had problems with was trying to run trainer 1.01 on patched game 1.02 (back to that getting older thing again)
  ::)

Art Blade

that's good news, if we can keep the old saves this time, I might update as well  :-X

PZ

Alas... after upgrade to 1.03, my version still asks for the CD...

Art Blade

Ok, I used the Launcher so I would get an autopatch. Got it.

I quit the game, removed the CD and fired up the game using the shortcut to farcry2.exe - works without CD.

================================================================================

Far Cry®2 v1.03 Update

================================================================================

If you had problems applying the 1st patch (1.01), please apply this cumulative patch.

STEAM users: Please wait until the patch is available through Steam.

General changes

- A new server software has been created. Please consult the FC2ServerLauncher_ReadMe.txt file in the \bin folder for further documentation.
- Fixed a bug with the "Jackal tapes" accounting

Multiplayer changes

- Made most weapons slightly more accurate
- Slightly extended length of the short-range damage category for most weapons
- Reduced the damage of all sniper weapons
- Reduced the damage of the MGL-140 grenades
- Reduced the damage of the M79 grenades
- Reduced the damage of the IED
- Reduced damage stim of the flamethrower by 1 step
- Added hardcore mode in the Advanced Options page. Weapons will do more damage and enemy names will be hidden after the invincibility period.
- Players are now displayed by XP order in the scoreboard.
- Allow players to rejoin the host after a ranked match.
- Allow the minimum player settings to be changed from the lobby.
- Allow force launch in ranked match.
- Fixed an issue with the launch map button which was displayed too low on some SDTV (480i - 4:3).
- Fixed a crash in menu browser when returning to a parent menu page while searching for a match.
- Fixed initial rank and XP replication.
- Limit to one class reset per game.
- Now possible to play a map from the downloadable content with the dedicated server.
- Now possible to include an approved custom map in ranked games.
- Added a quick search option for ranked approved custom maps.
- Fix IED (improvise explosive devices) destruction

- Review game start conditions, there will be only 2 start conditions
    - No vote in progress
    - At least the minimum player required number must be ready

RedRaven

odd that some of us can play without disc whilst others cant, only thing i can think of is its conected to the registry.
but have no idea what so ever on how to tackle and fix it, (soz)

Tags:
🡱 🡳